**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The new ways to win a war.

The problem with defender diversity is that the map is too easy. You probably aren't going to walk back defender diversity but why you made the nodes easier instead of harder since weak defenders are going to be placed I do understand. The problem is that everyone is 100 percenting the map, and defender diversity is not just a part of the scoring but the deciding factor. While every alliance can continue to 100% the map, eventually they will all catch on that diversity will win. Then when that is made 150 unique defenders by every alliance probably in a month from now, defender rating will decide war. Those don't seem like things that should bring "war" victories. It's just a whiff kabam. You made the map easier to go along with weaker defenders being put in instead of harder. I will say this for you, it wasn't a cash grab. But it isn't a war either. It could more accurately be called at this point a competition between which alliance can place more unique defenders than the other. Defender diversity really has no place in "war" and yes that's why ppl are saying war is broken and it it feels like it is to me too. It certainly shouldn't be the only deciding factor. You should either buff the nodes or call it champion placing competition.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    There is an official thread for AW you know ...
  • I know there is already a discussion thread for this but I made a new one because my argument is better than the other ones and deserves its own thread so it can get exposure it deserves. They combine those threads so they are easier to ignore.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Keep the current diversity, add back in defender kills, majority of this issue is fixed
  • SB3KSB3K Posts: 3
    And make the map harder
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    It is a cash grab. Winning wars will come down to buying crystals and ranking champs. That's it.
  • Instead of defender diversity, I'd rather see class specific nodes
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    SirTodd_83 wrote: »
    Instead of defender diversity, I'd rather see class specific nodes

They can't increase the "need" for new champs if u can just use your old champs to win wars guys. It's so blatantly obvious.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    If people decide to actually place defenders instead of zero, then yes people will start getting points for "defender diversity". Obviously, "diversity" is used as an incentive for alliances -- all 30 members -- to use as many different heroes as possible.

The deciding factor would then be attacker kills since defender kills no longer exist. This is in addition to the additional points for defenders based on PI ("Defender Rating: 0.002 per PI").

People are not placing defenders to avoid giving attacker kills in the first place but mostly, it allows people to "finish" in no time flat (ignoring the timer refresh). This means they were getting 0 points from diversity, 0 points from defender rating, and 0 points for defenders placed.

To recap, the deciding factors would be defender rating and attacker kills, provided that both sides are able to place the same number of unique defenders.

Once alliances play AW often enough, they would know what heroes to use to ensure they maximize diversity. If the nodes are as easy as you claim and the attackers are sooooo madskillz, then defender rating will be the only remaining factor.