**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tech and cosmic dual crystal

I want a 5* stark spidy badly......will it help if i open 10 crystals altogether??

Comments

• Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    It will increase your chances but it is not guaranteed
  • Spidy01223Spidy01223 Posts: 30
    Cool cool cool no doubt no doubt no doubt 😊
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

It will not increase this chance
  • GuruYosenGuruYosen Posts: 87
    Yes you can
  • KyuffKyuff Posts: 43
    Lormif said:

Compared to opening just one it will as he now have 10 opportunities instead of just one.

Or in numbers

1/65 vs 10/65
  • Silentdoom09Silentdoom09 Posts: 85
    Kyuff said:

Lormif said:

Compared to opening just one it will as he now have 10 opportunities instead of just one.

Or in numbers

1/65 vs 10/65
    The math doesn’t work that way. Odds of every crystal are the same, so that means if opening one has 1:65 odds of pulling Starky, opening ten has 10:650 (or still 1:65) odds. I think there are actually 51 champs in the dual Tech/Cosmic crystal though, so the odds are slightly better than that 🙂
  • Spidy01223Spidy01223 Posts: 30
    Thank you guys for the technical info😅...... I'm gonna save 10 and then try for him.....#hunt for sparky✌️
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Lol, I had this same discussion in the meme thread a lil while ago. The chances for something to happen increase with opportunities for it to happen. As simple as that.
    Mayis said:

Kyuff said:

Lormif said:

Or in numbers

1/65 vs 10/65
    The math doesn’t work that way. Odds of every crystal are the same, so that means if opening one has 1:65 odds of pulling Starky, opening ten has 10:650 (or still 1:65) odds. I think there are actually 51 champs in the dual Tech/Cosmic crystal though, so the odds are slightly better than that 🙂
    You're correct about math not working that way, but you're not correct about not increasing the chance with number of attempts. If there are 51 champs there, u have 1/51 or approx 2 % chance to get Starky (or any other specific champion) in one attempt. If u have 10 attempt, you have 50/51 chance to fail on each on 'em, so the chance on failing on all of 'em and hence not getting spidey is equal to:

P(not getting spidey in 10 attempts) = (50/51)^10 = approx 0.82 or 82%

So, the chances of getting at least 1 Spidey in 10 attempts if there are 51 champs in the pool are 100-82 = 18 %

Your chances will go higher and higher with every crystal u saved, but they never will become 100 %. U have 9 times better chances getting Spidey in 10 attempts than in 1 attempt. Sadly, it doesn't mean u'll have 180 % chance on 100 attempts :)

P. S. It doesn't matter if u open them altogether or over time, the chances are the same
    Now do this math taking into account opening 10 crystals over 10 days or 10 crystals all at once. You will note that the math does not change based on the time between openings, aka it does not increase your chances.
    Mayis said:

Lormif said:

Mayis said:

Kyuff said:

Lormif said:

Or in numbers

1/65 vs 10/65
    You're correct about math not working that way, but you're not correct about not increasing the chance with number of attempts. If there are 51 champs there, u have 1/51 or approx 2 % chance to get Starky (or any other specific champion) in one attempt. If u have 10 attempt, you have 50/51 chance to fail on each on 'em, so the chance on failing on all of 'em and hence not getting spidey is equal to:

So, the chances of getting at least 1 Spidey in 10 attempts if there are 51 champs in the pool are 100-82 = 18 %

Your chances will go higher and higher with every crystal u saved, but they never will become 100 %. U have 9 times better chances getting Spidey in 10 attempts than in 1 attempt. Sadly, it doesn't mean u'll have 180 % chance on 100 attempts :)

P. S. It doesn't matter if u open them altogether or over time, the chances are the same
    Now do this math taking into account opening 10 crystals over 10 days or 10 crystals all at once. You will note that the math does not change based on the time between openings, aka it does not increase your chances.
    That posts P. S. is all about that, but your final statement is confusing. Maybe we are using wrong wording.

Opening more crystals increases the chances of getting specific champion, opening crystals at once doesnt

If u opened 100 crytals, there is more chances that u have Stark Spidey, than when u had opened 10 crystals. But it doesnt matter if u opened them altogether or over time
    The question originally posed was not should I open 1 crystal vs 10 crystals, but should I hoard 10 crystals and then open them for a better chance. I have not argued that your chance never increases with the more crystals that you open, but that opening 10 crystals at once does not increase your chance.

But that aside hoarding crystals can actually decrease your chance in a world where new champions are added to the crystals as well.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    The OP is only talking about opening ONE Starky over 10 crystals and not one starky in every crystal and so, your chances will increase by opening more crystals.

The OP is only talking about opening ONE Starky over 10 crystals and not one starky in every crystal and so, your chances will increase by opening more crystals.

I am not sure how you get that from the OP. they ask if he opens them ALTOGETHER. He does not say he would only open one, and stop vs 10. The implication is that he would open them as he gets them as opposed to opening them all at once.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Mayis said:

Kyuff said:

Lormif said:

Or in numbers

1/65 vs 10/65

Yea, but it wouldn't matter if he open 10 at once, or 1 per week for 10 weeks, the odds will still be the same

Edit: typo
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    It’s just like you draw a card a deck of cards, no matter how many times you draw, each time the poker reset to 52 cards. Thus each drawing is an independent event and probability is the same.