**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

First Featured pull... How is she??

Had enough shards from the arena and side quests so decided to get a featured 5* crystal for the first time. Got her for the first time and have zero knowledge about her abilities and stuff but in all how is she?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    She is good for numerous reasons. Among the top Mutant's, MOST of them need to be awakened. Domino doesn't, but Namor, AA, Omega and Colossus all need to be awakened and have high sigs to be really useful (except AA). Storm X, Sunspot and Havok don't need to be awakened to be good.

Only drawback with her is low health. I have enjoyed playing her, but you really have to be good and dexing.

She is really fun to play IMO.
    just spam sp3, more reliable than sp2
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Solid, don't throw Sp2's like the YouTubers will tell you. She has such low crit rate, they rarely end up being powerful. Sp3's are the way to go as I'm sure Rocky will will elaborate on. 😉
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Solid, don't throw Sp2's like the YouTubers will tell you. She has such low crit rate, they rarely end up being powerful. Sp3's are the way to go as I'm sure Rocky will will elaborate on. 😉

Gotta agree. Her SP2 is downright monstrous when it crits...otherwise, it's kinda mediocre. Most of the time she doesn't crit.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Like others said, she is a lot of fun to play. I took my 6* to R2 and have no regrets. She's also a pretty decent defender in lower-tier AW (I don't do high-tier, so not sure how she performs there); I usually get at least a kill or two from her each AW.

Had enough shards from the arena and side quests so decided to get a featured 5* crystal for the first time. Got her for the first time and have zero knowledge about her abilities and stuff but in all how is she?

I have arrived! Yes I, your resident Storm X Xpert (sorry it was too good to resist)

Storm X is great. Not the best mutant, but way better than other people will tell you she is.

First off, you want to spam SP3’s with her, that’s the way to best unlock her damage. Make sure to charge your heavy to full before throwing your SP3 off. You don’t need to let go of the heavy to activate the special. This is all of her damage

As for utility, she will always land a stun, providing you can stun. This means you can stun on Masochism, Annihilus, Mordo, any shrug off champ. This will be useful for lower level accounts and even in Act 6

Her attacks deal energy damage, allowing her to bypass physical resistance and certain mechanics, like Korg’s thorns most notably

While your Ice tempest is active you will be immune to coldsnap and also apply a passive coldnsnap on your SP1, which stops the opponent evading for its duration. The SP1 also applies a passive slow for the duration of its animation, which means opponents can’t evade out of it, and it will bypass unstoppable. She’s not a good unstoppable counter with this but it will usually cancel out most of the duration of an unstoppable

The SP2 is honestly not that useful. Most people throw it because that’s where they think her damage comes from, but it really doesn’t. Her crit rate is so low that the damage is usually underwhelming. If all hits crit it will deal more damage than your SP3, but that will happen maybe 1 in 10,000 times. However, it will place shocks on the opponent if you are in lightning tempest, so if you are really struggling against thunderstruck, she could work. She is also immune to damage from shock effects while this tempest is active, so this means she will heal from shock debuffs on you and won’t take damage from passive shocks like EMP modification

Her downfall is her flimsiness. Her block proficiency is decent, but her healthpool is so low that she eats a ton of block damage. The glancing in her ice tempest can save you if your lucky, but this is really noticeable in Act 6, certainly pre nerf

She doesn’t need awakened at all, it just activates both of her tempests permanently below a certain health threshold, but if your at that threshold, you’re that flimsy you probably won’t survive for too long in it

Hope this helps @Infineight and congrats on your pull

I really just need to make a Storm X guide or something so I don’t have to type this out every time someone pulls her. How have you been liking yours @SpideyFunko

She’s been fine, will take her to rank 2, when depends on my roulette poll. She is one of the options
    also yes, make a guide
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★

I really just need to make a Storm X guide or something so I don’t have to type this out every time someone pulls her. How have you been liking yours @SpideyFunko

Make a vid! I just pulled her as well as a 5*. Thanks for the info.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

I have arrived! Yes I, your resident Storm X Xpert (sorry it was too good to resist)

Storm X is great. Not the best mutant, but way better than other people will tell you she is.

First off, you want to spam SP3’s with her, that’s the way to best unlock her damage. Make sure to charge your heavy to full before throwing your SP3 off. You don’t need to let go of the heavy to activate the special. This is all of her damage

As for utility, she will always land a stun, providing you can stun. This means you can stun on Masochism, Annihilus, Mordo, any shrug off champ. This will be useful for lower level accounts and even in Act 6

Her attacks deal energy damage, allowing her to bypass physical resistance and certain mechanics, like Korg’s thorns most notably

While your Ice tempest is active you will be immune to coldsnap and also apply a passive coldnsnap on your SP1, which stops the opponent evading for its duration. The SP1 also applies a passive slow for the duration of its animation, which means opponents can’t evade out of it, and it will bypass unstoppable. She’s not a good unstoppable counter with this but it will usually cancel out most of the duration of an unstoppable

The SP2 is honestly not that useful. Most people throw it because that’s where they think her damage comes from, but it really doesn’t. Her crit rate is so low that the damage is usually underwhelming. If all hits crit it will deal more damage than your SP3, but that will happen maybe 1 in 10,000 times. However, it will place shocks on the opponent if you are in lightning tempest, so if you are really struggling against thunderstruck, she could work. She is also immune to damage from shock effects while this tempest is active, so this means she will heal from shock debuffs on you and won’t take damage from passive shocks like EMP modification

Her downfall is her flimsiness. Her block proficiency is decent, but her healthpool is so low that she eats a ton of block damage. The glancing in her ice tempest can save you if your lucky, but this is really noticeable in Act 6, certainly pre nerf

She doesn’t need awakened at all, it just activates both of her tempests permanently below a certain health threshold, but if your at that threshold, you’re that flimsy you probably won’t survive for too long in it

She’s been fine, will take her to rank 2, when depends on my roulette poll. She is one of the options

I swear, if I didn’t pick her...

• RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Ajisdope said:

Make a vid! I just pulled her as well as a 5*. Thanks for the info.
    No problem, happy to help

I might make a video/forum post guide. Life’s pretty busy right now and I would be grappling with video editing technology, but I’m certainly considering it

• InfineightInfineight Posts: 278

Hey @Rockypantherx extremely thankful of your info. Guess I'll start playing with her right away to understand and implement all that everyone here has said.
    Thank you
  • InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
    My last few 5* pulls have been great - Emma, Captain Marvel movie, Stealth spidy, and spider man symbiote (from a legendary crystal no regrets) and now her. Pretty happy:)