**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please Consider Pity Timers for Pulls

2»

Comments

• Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

Berjibs said:

RNG, RNG, RNG. It’s how crystals were designed to work. You don’t like them? Don’t open them. The whole concept of crystals doesn’t need to be changed simply because you and your friends had strings of unfortunate pulls.

So is Hearthstone card pulls. The point being they would lose less players if they did implement something like this. It is smart marketing.
    If this was truly a marketing concern for kabam, MCOC wouldn’t have even survived half a year of being up. The system was this way from the beginning.
    Dude, they addressed this in the road map.

Buff rate increase, dual crystals and the incoming wish crystals are all ways of addressing the frustrations of champion acquisition so clearly Kabam do see this as a problem.

Yes they are increasing buff rate but they aren’t changing the entire crystal system to this dumb proposal.

But they have completely changed the crystal system to address a problem you said wasn’t there.

The wish crystals, however they are implemented, is clearly a version of the OP’s idea. So it’s hardly as ridiculous as you’re making out.

Ps, why so rude, frustrated with life or something?

But they haven’t? They simply added crystals that can makes the pool of champs you can pull out of that crystal smaller so you have a better shot of pulling a desired champ. These crystals still have an RNG factor to them. They are not guaranteed to give you a “good” champ. Wish crystals are likely to be a very rare thing that won’t be very easy to get, or possible to get frequently. This is a guaranteed pull that you get every time you get a few “bad” pulls. Plus this stupid idea will label champions as “good” or “bad” which isn’t very smart. First of all, the whole concept of a “good” or a “bad” champ is objective and based on varied opinions. This is something what wouldn’t really make sense to slap these kind of labels on champs and takes away from the idea of this game which is that there is a large roster of characters each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Taking this idea and putting it in the game completely scraps that concept which MCOC is founded on. It’s like taking Seatin’s tier list and literally putting it in the game. It’s a bad idea period.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

RNG, RNG, RNG. It’s how crystals were designed to work. You don’t like them? Don’t open them. The whole concept of crystals doesn’t need to be changed simply because you and your friends had strings of unfortunate pulls.

So your saying he should never open crystals with the shards he earns playing the game?
    Well obviously they can’t handle when they don’t get a god tier pull, so the suggestion would just save them the pain.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    TRONG94 said:

Also, Kabam doesn’t have an in-game system which identifies what champs are “god tier” and what champs are not. You don’t seem to have a very good understanding of how these things are supposed to work. This game is called “Marvel Contest of Champions” not “Hearthstone Contest of Champions”

I would beg to differ on that. The champs you actually get may be completely random, but I highly doubt the in-game system does not identify which champs are god-tier or highly desired. If this wasn't the case, then why does just about every crystal spin skip over a highly desired champ or fall just short of a highly desired champ? It is because the game knows what champs people really want, and "narrowly missing" a desired champ creates a subliminal message to the spinner that you "almost" got a good champ and encourages you to try again.
    Excellent explanation. Many times I got crappy champs inbetween 2 god tier champs
    and how many times have you gotten it between 2 crappy champions, vastly more.
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 505 ★★★

Also, Kabam doesn’t have an in-game system which identifies what champs are “god tier” and what champs are not. You don’t seem to have a very good understanding of how these things are supposed to work. This game is called “Marvel Contest of Champions” not “Hearthstone Contest of Champions”

Pretty harsh. :o

To the original point. My recommendation for you and your friends is to save up for featured crystals. They seem to be the way to go to avoid the headache you described. In my opinion your suggestion is not "dumb" or anything like that, but I do agree that it is hard to determine which champs are tiered specifically. Some have better overall kits than others, but even though a champ like Mordo is "tiered" lower, I really like using him. But yeah...my first 5 dual crystals were 2 Maws, Rhino, Juggernaut, and Mordo.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

It’s this thing called rng I’m not too sure if you know what that is but it randomises what you get from crystals. If you don’t like what you get then don’t play the game (Yes I know it’s a pretty simple thing to do) and just cause you and you friend get a few bad pulls you think you’re special? No. You also don’t need to be guaranteed a good champ just cause you get bad champs. It happens to everyone. So please stop whining now. Plus, if you lost friends because you got them someone bad they don’t sound like good friends.

You fanbois act as if Kabam has no room for improvement. If you guys have spent any time on these forums you would realize people are rarely happy with the BS that Kabam does. Incidentally, Blizzard gets far less rage from their developer choices.
    “Improvement?” This isn’t an “Improvement”. This is a proposed change that would break the entire concept of this game and how it’s played. This is just a crazy idea that was thought up because someone and their friends got a few bad pulls.

Does MCOC and Kabam have lots to improve on? Heck yes. Is this a good suggestion to get to improvement? No. This really doesn’t accomplish much besides making a few people who don’t understand how RNG works happy because they didn’t land a top tier champion.

Mcoc has a lot of problems, but people getting unlucky and pulling bad champs because of RNG is not one of them.
    You cannot see the forest from the trees my friend. Ask yourself why bad champs exist at all? So that RNG will give you the opportunity to pull bad pulls. Why? So that players will spend money chasing the good champs. Everything Kabam does is for their investors bottom line. Overly hard content? Players blow units, need more units then spend RL money to purchase more. You think you are smart but just another wanna be drinking the Kabam Koolaid. It is fine, talk to me when you beat chapter 3.
    I mean they nerfed war pretty hard, nerfed aq pretty hard, are completely nerfing act 6 into the ground so your overly hard content stuff is literally the opposite of reality
    Only after people complained at the top tiers for about 8 months that war was insane, after most people who pay to beat content had payed to beat it, and that hardly anyone else would even consider trying 6.2 because of the champion. It took a boycott and many popular videos to get these changes.
    There was no boycott and people still complain about all the same stuff, no matter how much they nerf it. It’s a cycle, players get 5 and 6* champs super early now and run through stuff like act 4 and act 5 without needing to develop any skill. Then when there’s a challenge they are completely lost, because they never developed the skill.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Rabanga said:

Still no one has told me what a pity timer would be...how it would operate...

prety much they want a guaranteed "god tier" champion after x number of crystal openings. It works in games that have a rank based system to determine useful champions, this game does not, the system we use in chat is 3rd party.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    I would love a pity time for cavs
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Daphboy said:

I feel like people who make these posts weren’t around in the first year or so of the game. It literally took 4-6 months of heavy grinding to obtain my first 4*(Ms. Marvel), and that was not abnormal for f2p players. Units were more scarce, shards didn’t exist, and the only way to get a 4* was either arena or PHC. All those factors against us and it still meant nothing to overcome if you didn’t have any luck on your champ pulls.

My point is, this is the nature of the game. Does it suck to get nothing but garbage time and time again? Absolutely, I’ve been there, had an 11 month streak of garbage and the only thing that broke it was when venom got his buff😅.

Learn to dredge through the crappy pulls or quit, those are your options.

why would you want to work for pulls? what a silly idea.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

It’s this thing called rng I’m not too sure if you know what that is but it randomises what you get from crystals. If you don’t like what you get then don’t play the game (Yes I know it’s a pretty simple thing to do) and just cause you and you friend get a few bad pulls you think you’re special? No. You also don’t need to be guaranteed a good champ just cause you get bad champs. It happens to everyone. So please stop whining now. Plus, if you lost friends because you got them someone bad they don’t sound like good friends.

I didn’t lose friends, I lost my friends to play with as they quit the game. As for RNG, I know all too well RNG in the truest sense from a programming standpoint. But a AAA developer also knows RNG. Why not take a page from a successful company. Yes Kabam is successful, could they be more successful? Yes. Whining, no. Frustration? Yes.

You fanbois act as if Kabam has no room for improvement. If you guys have spent any time on these forums you would realize people are rarely happy with the BS that Kabam does. Incidentally, Blizzard gets far less rage from their developer choices.

So I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours, but don’t tell me to shut my mouth or call my legitimate gripe whining for if it weren’t for those complaining Kabam would not be here anymore.
    If you spend ANY time here on the forums, youll see that "bad pull" threads far out number the good. Why is this? Because people would rather complain how bad everything is that celebrate a pull they wanted.

This game is part champion collecting. You're going to end up with all the champs if you play for long enough. I just pulled Aegon a few months ago and Nick Fury a couple days ago. They've been out forever. I have every possible terrible champion you can think of and they are pretty much all duped.

They aren't ever going to place champs in a "tier" like what you mentioned. That's not something Kabam will ever do.

You can either just deal with the pulls and play the game, or uninstall it and play something else.

The only way you can get a champ you want is to place in the top 150 in arena.