**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is CAIW good against 6.1.2 Ultron boss?

I’m on my way to become cavalier and tomorrow I’m gonna attempt at 6.1.2. However, so far my only good counter for that Ultron boss is a rank 4 Ghost - and I’m not skilled enough, lol. I was watching some videos on YouTube and I saw two people taking him down by using CAIW (parry > heavy). Does it work? Do I need any synergy for that?

Comments

• LmaoLmao Posts: 842 ★★★

I’m on my way to become cavalier and tomorrow I’m gonna attempt at 6.1.2. However, so far my only good counter for that Ultron boss is a rank 4 Ghost - and I’m not skilled enough, lol. I was watching some videos on YouTube and I saw two people taking him down by using CAIW (parry > heavy). Does it work? Do I need any synergy for that?

It works but it's very risky. Show us your roster
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Just use magneto and

• luanamenderluanamender Posts: 229
    Lmao said:

It works but it's very risky. Show us your roster
    If I have a tech champion on my team, shouldn’t CAIW reverse (or at least control) Ultron’s power gain with petrify?

• Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    CAIW needs to be awakened and a tech for petrify debuffs on parry to slow his power gain rotation buff thing. it’ll cost u a few revives most likely. you could try with an armor shatter champ like medusa or aarkus but i assume you don’t have either
    MaxGaming said:

Just use magneto and

LMAO. Thank you for this meme.

Sadly, my Magneto is still at rank 3. Not sure he’s my best option.

CAIW needs to be awakened and a tech for petrify debuffs on parry to slow his power gain rotation buff thing. it’ll cost u a few revives most likely. you could try with an armor shatter champ like medusa or aarkus but i assume you don’t have either

I don’t, unfortunately. My CAIW is awakened and at a high sig level (around 130). Should I have 3 points in petrify for it to work?
    warlock will work the sentinel miniboss before the ultron because of the biohazard and the arc overload, another alternative option is warlock sp1 cycle for constant power drain or magik sp2 power lock

I don’t, unfortunately. My CAIW is awakened and at a high sig level (around 130). Should I have 3 points in petrify for it to work?
    yes you should max out petrify and preferably perfevt block and the fury mastery just for this fight if u want to but only maxing petrify works too

warlock will work the sentinel miniboss before the ultron because of the biohazard and the arc overload, another alternative option is warlock sp1 cycle for constant power drain or magik sp2 power lock

I think it would be more risky to go with Magik than to go with CAIW, wouldn’t it? I’d have to keep spamming Magik’s sp2 and with his evade I’d probably screw up.

Nebula works very well if you have her.

I don’t. 😞 Don’t have Medusa either.

I think it would be more risky to go with Magik than to go with CAIW, wouldn’t it? I’d have to keep spamming Magik’s sp2 and with his evade I’d probably screw up.
    yeah, overall the safest option is capIW with a tech champ and max petrify, if you want to play riskier magik sp2 spam and warlock sp1 spam works too

yes you should max out petrify and preferably perfevt block and the fury mastery just for this fight if u want to but only maxing petrify works too

So, my best team option is CAIW, Warlock, Venom (for CAIW to be able to armor break) and Ghost + Wasp). I could also replace Venom with BWCV cause she’s my other rank 5 but then I’d lose the cosmic synergy.
    sorry for blowing this post up but starky has some decent power drain and taunt too

MaxGaming said:

Just use magneto and

It doesnt matter as the damage against bleed immune on the sp3 is insane if you can

So, my best team option is CAIW, Warlock, Venom (for CAIW to be able to armor break) and Ghost + Wasp). I could also replace Venom with BWCV cause she’s my other rank 5 but then I’d lose the cosmic synergy.
    yep that would be the most preferable team if you’re playing safe

sorry for blowing this post up but starky has some decent power drain and taunt too

Don’t apologize, please, I’m thankful for the help. My Sparky is still at rank 3 so I guess he wouldn’t be a good option (since I’m not able to rank him up right now).
    MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

Just use magneto and

It doesnt matter as the damage against bleed immune on the sp3 is insane if you can
    I doubt I’d be able to make it to sp3 before getting KO. 😂😂

MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

Just use magneto and

Well if his awakened then the block proficiency would be great i would know because
    MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

Just use magneto and

Well if his awakened then the block proficiency would be great i would know because
    Guess what.. mine isn’t. 😂😂 But I bet Magneto is a great counter. Wish I had ranked him up sooner.

yep that would be the most preferable team if you’re playing safe
    Then I’ll go for it. CAIW, Warlock, Venom, Wasp and Ghost. I guess I won’t have any problems apart from Sentinel and Ultron. Gotta max petrify as well. Thanks, mate!

MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

Just use magneto and

Guess what.. mine isn’t. 😂😂 But I bet Magneto is a great counter. Wish I had ranked him up sooner.
    I used a awakening gem about a year ago on him and r3 him for points on sigil now that the buff is out this photo would be different as i took his sig ability up more and leveled him up more
    @MaxGaming and @Esket1t_420, thanks a lot. I used CAIW with the tech synergy (and Ghost) and it worked perfectly. Had to use 2 revives (and 1 for Sentinel). Thank you so much!

edited September 2020

@MaxGaming and @Esket1t_420, thanks a lot. I used CAIW with the tech synergy (and Ghost) and it worked perfectly. Had to use 2 revives (and 1 for Sentinel). Thank you so much!

@luanamender congrats!! you’re one step closer to cav!! advice for the rest: the ghost and loki chapters are easy, completed with 4/55 5* wirh no items. 6.1.5 crossbones is a massive pain in the ***, i’m still stuck on him but he’ll be very easy because you have warlock. 6.1.6 chapter is caustic temper which requires a poison immune and fury buffs or else you do 90% reduced damage. because ghost converts poison debuffs into passive furies you should be able to steamroll the rest. In general, you have amazing counters to the rest of the nodes and boss fights, make sure to use warlock for 6.1.5 crossbones and ghost for 6.1.6 sentinel chapter with caustic temper. 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 are very easy. good luck on your journey.

edit: 6.1.5 paths all have some sort of insane regen node like vigor that heals like 60k hp every time so plan on using warlock for his heal block HEAVILY. i recommend you use him for virtually every fight and boost if needed

@luanamender congrats!! you’re one step closer to cav!! advice for the rest: the ghost and loki chapters are easy, completed with 4/55 5* wirh no items. 6.1.5 crossbones is a massive pain in the ***, i’m still stuck on him but he’ll be very easy because you have warlock. 6.1.6 chapter is caustic temper which requires a poison immune and fury buffs or else you do 90% reduced damage. because ghost converts poison debuffs into passive furies you should be able to steamroll the rest. In general, you have amazing counters to the rest of the nodes and boss fights, make sure to use warlock for 6.1.5 crossbones and ghost for 6.1.6 sentinel chapter with caustic temper. 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 are very easy. good luck on your journey.

edit: 6.1.5 paths all have some sort of insane regen node like vigor that heals like 60k hp every time so plan on using warlock for his heal block HEAVILY. i recommend you use him for virtually every fight and boost if needed
    Mate, thank you so much for those advices! It really helped me.

Crossbones and Sentinel were really long fights but not that difficult. Warlock made that Crossbones very doable and Sentinel was waaaaay too annoying. Probably had to bait more than 100 sp1, lol, but it was doable with CAIW.
    congrats!! now sit back and reap the rewards!