**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My Approach to 5* - Right or Wrong?

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
When I look at a 5* pull, I only ask myself one thing. Is it worthy of R4?

If the answer is no, I can't see the point of ranking it past R2, unless it's duped and a champ I don't already have at 4* R5.

My reason is that a 5* R3 and a 4* R5 are pretty much identical, sure the 5* has a few more stats but it's not much of a difference. They have the same challenger rating. With T2A being the real bottleneck in the game, I can't see the point of taking random 5*s to R3 unless they're R4 candidates later on.

Am I alone in this?

Comments

• Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    This all depends on your own game... in essence the game comes down to about 15-20 heros for all game content - once these are maxed rank and level everything else is personal choice.

I have ranked all 5* to r3 even if unduped for 2 reasons... they take 2 less t4b (which is also bottleneck resource) to get there and makes arena points easier. Can run a short round of arena every 7 hours for 1.2m+ points - 5 rounds over 3 days and gives top 10% shards everytime
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    edited September 2017
    This was good until now, but, with announcement of 6 stars, when you have identical 4 and 5 star champs, your choice (if you have to rank up any one) should be 5 star, going forward.

Also arenas give lot of points for 5 stars
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    I must say they damage output of a r4 vs r3 5* is substantial they also get a sizable increase to their health pool. I have a r4 storm, drax & ultron. Don't regret it for a minute use them in all difficult content they easily outpace my 5/50 voodoo, gp or iceman.
  • Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    No you not alone.

I also just keep it to r2 unless the 5* is dupped and got worth to r4
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    R3 5 has 1000 more health min and 100 more attack min and stronger buffs such as Fury. Nothing at all to ignore.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    R3 5 has 1000 more health min and 100 more attack min and stronger buffs such as Fury. Nothing at all to ignore.

Agreed on all of that, if I had an identical 5* and 4* candidate then no contest, I'd choose the 5*.

But if I had an "okay" 5* such as Gambit, someone who doesn't suck but would never be a candidate for R4, and a "godlike" 4* such as Archangel, I would rather spend the 3 T4CC on 4* Archangel than take up a 5* Gambit. That's pretty much what I'm saying.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    In those situations like that I end up ranking who would benefit me in the arena most. If I have a 5* storm and a 4* storm I'll typically take the 5* to r3 and leave the 4* at r3 or r4
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    There are some 5* worth r4 for Quest... r3 for AQ and AW... r2 for Arenas... Put them in this kind of category... You should be fine. Don't waste t4cc on not worthy 5*.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    We have to assume t2A will be more available in the future so champs that may not be quite worth a r4 now will be in the future.
  • The game will be changing with the addition of 5* chars, and the promised increase in availability of t2a and t5b cats. One thing is sure, 5* champs, regardless of utility, make for great arena fodder. I can hit all the milestones in 4-5* arena just by running my 5* champs as they become available, which is about 3 times per day. If you pull a 5* that you don't care for, it just means you save a bit of time grinding in arena.