**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This doesn't feel right...

2»

Comments

• Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Wonder if people will switch up their take when they see Seatin complained too
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    For 100% of the Quest (previously)
    4,020x 4-Star Crystal Shards (2.01x Crystals)
    7,500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (75% of a Crystal)
    2,500x 6-Star Crystal Shards (25% of a Crystal)
    12,000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment (33% of a Catalyst)
    10x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystal
    9,000x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Shard (20% of a Catalyst)
    1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
    42,825x Gold

For 100% of the quest (now)
    2,500 6-Star Hero Crystal Shards
    7,500x 5-Star Hero Crystal Shards
    9,000 Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments
    36,000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments
    5x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystals
    10x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    248,000x Gold
    3,600 4-Star Hero Crystal Shards
    6x Tier 5 Class ISO-8 (of each class)

It’s better
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

Seatin just wants incredible rewards for cakewalk difficulty. Cav can be done with 4 stars

Thats because it was designed for a completion run to be possible with 4*. Exploration with 4* is out of the question with fights like buffed up domino knocking about.

I didn't find it very difficult just long, and not very rewarding. The rewards might seem ok for now since the mutant island is running alongside it but when we get a less rewarding side event or book 2 is released these rewards will become stale.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    As long as they keep giving side quests with awesome rewards like treasure island I don’t care
  • Sourav47007Sourav47007 Posts: 56

yeah well guess what, if u don’t want to put in the effort for exploration you simply don’t deserve the rewards

We are Cavalier but not every one of us have the ability to do Abyss. This quest was meant for Cavalier summoners, so we deserve to play it. But not every one of us have the ability to fully explore the quests. We can do completion and we deserve something better for that. The exploration rewards are ok but the compilation rewards are horrible. Plus you have to do the hardest paths to fully obtain the best completion rewards. That means only those who have the ability to explore the whole thing can get better completion rewards. Now hear me out, the point EQ completion reward is giving summoners an opportunity to advance. It always has been a good source of resources for everyone. We can only get to the point where we can fully explore the quest if the completion rewards give us something to work with. But now we're at a point where if you can do the whole thing you get everything but if you can't, then you get nearly nothing.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

For 100% of the Quest (previously)
    4,020x 4-Star Crystal Shards (2.01x Crystals)
    7,500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (75% of a Crystal)
    2,500x 6-Star Crystal Shards (25% of a Crystal)
    12,000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment (33% of a Catalyst)
    10x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystal
    9,000x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Shard (20% of a Catalyst)
    1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
    42,825x Gold

For 100% of the quest (now)
    2,500 6-Star Hero Crystal Shards
    7,500x 5-Star Hero Crystal Shards
    9,000 Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments
    36,000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments
    5x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystals
    10x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    248,000x Gold
    3,600 4-Star Hero Crystal Shards
    6x Tier 5 Class ISO-8 (of each class)

It’s better

Nobody is saying the rewards are worse, just some don’t like the lack of a completion reward.
    I’d rather act exploration rewards be spread across chapter exploration and the act completion rewards not be scrapped than current reward structure.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I get it! The guys playing with endgame champs have farmed the lower tier event quests for shards and items. That has been going on for a long long time. Make one run through to completion in every level and collect a bunch of goodies on auto fight...well the farming is over!
    Deal with it! You guys at the top have had exclusive rights to much of the higher tier materials for growth and easily snatched up extras from the lower tier events. Time to get over it and earn the extras or do without!
    The idea that you are "entitled" to them is rediculous! We lower tier players have to strain our way through harder material to get higher tier items, burning through pots and boosts! Now you gotta burn engery refills if you want the stuff in our quests.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I would also like to point out how this illustrates "ask for something, kabam gives it to you, and then takes something else away!" You got the Cavalier difficulty you been asking for! In return kabam has taken away your easy farming of lower tier quests material.
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85

Seatin just wants incredible rewards for cakewalk difficulty. Cav can be done with 4 stars

Thats because it was designed for a completion run to be possible with 4*. Exploration with 4* is out of the question with fights like buffed up domino knocking about.

I didn't find it very difficult just long, and not very rewarding. The rewards might seem ok for now since the mutant island is running alongside it but when we get a less rewarding side event or book 2 is released these rewards will become stale.
    The rewards are much better than doing uncollected and none of the paths require items as long as you have a decent roster. Don’t understand why everyone complains about everything
    Faseeh said:

The rewards are much better than doing uncollected and none of the paths require items as long as you have a decent roster. Don’t understand why everyone complains about everything
    Bro cav eq exploration requires a pretty specific roster. Mephisto on diss track and life transfer. Hyperion on diss track :( Domino on buffed up
    Mephisto can be done by most science champs that can put 3 debuffs. Hyperion with any champ that puts 3 debuffs. Domino just use a decent cosmic. Might take a couple items but that doesn’t make it impossible

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    1. They should have left completion rewards. If they want to redistribute exploration rewards that's something else and would be fine, but I don't see why it was necessary to remove completion rewards. (I will be fully exploring, just giving my opinion).They said it's to help newer players, but I really don't see it.

2. The rewards for exploration are not great anyway. 7500 6* shards seems more appropriate.

3. The notion that side events, no matter how great (and this one is great), will make up the difference is not something to base the permanent EQ reward structure on. There is no guarantee the difference will always be made up in side quests. And it cannot be relied on consistently as a means of making up for lack luster rewards in the EQ. Kabam can be quoted as saying.. Rewards will fluctuate in side quests... etc. The rewards for EQ should be worth exploring the EQ. They shouldn't be tuned for any other outside factor. A side quest is something extra that will fluctuate.

4. So far, I'm really liking the node design. Seems to be in line with statements made in the road map. Adding positive reinforcement for using certain champs, etc.

5. I don't disagree with nodes like buffed up, etc. being included in exploration. As stated, exploration is not meant to be easy for someone newly Cavalier. Folks need to realize that sometimes you just have to work up to something in this game. Always been that way. With newer players progressing faster than ever before in a linear fashion (completion only through 6 acts of story), you will inevitably reach a point when you have to go back and explore the story content to strengthen your roster and skill. This is a game to be played over years, not months.
    Faseeh said:

Faseeh said:

Bro cav eq exploration requires a pretty specific roster. Mephisto on diss track and life transfer. Hyperion on diss track :( Domino on buffed up
    Mephisto can be done by most science champs that can put 3 debuffs. Hyperion with any champ that puts 3 debuffs. Domino just use a decent cosmic. Might take a couple items but that doesn’t make it impossible

Not everyone has claire or sym supreme for hyperion. For mephisto u need void or mr fantastic and with void itself the degen kills you. Domino utterly destroys u if u dont hv good cosmic champs :(
    I used quake for Hyperion and a 4 star capIW for mephisto. Ended both on full health. There are many more options. Like I said for domino you may have a use a few items but she shouldn’t be draining your stash unless you are attempting her with 4 stars. Look through your roster and you will find some options you haven’t even thought about. Sure not all are top tier champs, but it you strategize you can do it
  • tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★
    People keep complaining about this same thing and always seem to revert back to "well I don't have the skill or roster for full exploration" which is fine, not everyone is stacked or has the skill, but thats why they have different difficulties to accommodate your skill/roster, so stick to those if cavalier difficulty is above your level.

Another thing that it seems many are forgetting is the rewards we are getting from this month's Mutant Island side quest event are probably as good as they've been in a long time;

6.5k 6* shards. 23.5k 5* shards. 2 5* AG. 3 t2 alphas. 24,750k t5bc shards. 80 5* sig stones. 8 t4cc crystals. 8 t4bc. 5 2% t5cc crystals. Plat-pool head/8 crystals. 2m gold. 6k 4* shards. 1 4* AG. 1 legendary crystal. Etc..

And thats simply by doing 4 easy fights each day.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited September 2020
    To Kabam.

If it isn't broke don't fix it...no one ever complained about the Completion/Exploration rewards because there was NOTHING to complain about. It was a GREAT system that rewarded us for completion and exploration. No need to change HOW you Distribute Rewards, we didn't ask for that. We all just wanted a Cavalier Difficulty with the SAME REWARD SYSTEM in place with an upscale in Rewards...That's all. Now you give us that Cavalier Difficulty we all asked for but you change the system up and the same for Uncollected. That was uncalled for and I Agree with the Original Post "This doesn't Feel right". I hope you reconsider and revert back to the old rewarding system for BOTH Cav. And The Uncollected Difficulty.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    tidusx2jr said:

People keep complaining about this same thing and always seem to revert back to "well I don't have the skill or roster for full exploration" which is fine, not everyone is stacked or has the skill, but thats why they have different difficulties to accommodate your skill/roster, so stick to those if cavalier difficulty is above your level.

Another thing that it seems many are forgetting is the rewards we are getting from this month's Mutant Island side quest event are probably as good as they've been in a long time;

6.5k 6* shards. 23.5k 5* shards. 2 5* AG. 3 t2 alphas. 24,750k t5bc shards. 80 5* sig stones. 8 t4cc crystals. 8 t4bc. 5 2% t5cc crystals. Plat-pool head/8 crystals. 2m gold. 6k 4* shards. 1 4* AG. 1 legendary crystal. Etc..

And thats simply by doing 4 easy fights each day.

No doubt, the side event rewards are super juicy. It's a fantastic event. And tbf, the last several side events have been great. Our concern though is that the reward structure for Cav EQ when viewed on its own, is lacking. Which is disappointing to many of us who have been waiting for what feels like forever for it to come out. Side events come and go and have been known to fluctuate drastically in the past. Maybe that's not the case anymore. Maybe they'll all be good from here on out. Thing is, we don't know. We want the reassurance of knowing that our standard EQ will be worth exploring on its own. Without a need for supplementation from side events. The rewards for the main EQ need to be worth doing it.

Don't get me wrong, again.. the side events have really been great recently. I just don't want a few good side events to affect how the rewards for the main EQ are tuned. Because in the past side events aren't something to be relied upon for the majority of your monthly rewards. Kabam has even come out and said this in the past when people complained about a bad side event. "Hey, they all can't be home runs guys..". If the last few side events are the new normal, that's amazing! We just want Cav EQ to be good on its own though. That's all.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I don’t see a problem with the way the events are done now.

If you can only get completion on cavalier that’s still extra rewards you would never got because this didn’t exist previously. So if you can clear 1 pass on Cav that’s means you can 100% UC. You’ll still get this reward and some slightly more rewards from Cav.

I know they mentioned the average cavalier player should be able to do 1 pass. That I think they dropped the ball on because all paths had some very specific counters that maybe not everyone has. I think the path that every cavalier can explore should have less specific counters but still not be a walk in the park.

The bosses weren’t too bad, I like how Apocalypse rewards you for skill; even if you can’t take advantage of it, if you can get there with 3 full champs you should be able to drop him. I’ve been taking my time (if you call it that) I’m close to 100% on the final chapter of cavalier.
  • GoodGuyTJPGoodGuyTJP Posts: 16

yeah well guess what, if u don’t want to put in the effort for exploration you simply don’t deserve the rewards

There's still effort involved with completing. Some people like to play casually and just get some completion rewards.