**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Reasons to NEVER SELL CHAMPS....

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    The more Champs you retain, the greater your chances to Dup. Dups give Shards, and eventually Max Sig Crystals. Which in turn give more Shards. I'm sorry, but it is counterproductive. Even when you Rank and sell, it's short-term Rewards and a waste of Resources when you get more long-term. As I said, if people want to sell, that's up to them, but it's definitely counterproductive if Rewards are the objective.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    No, it isn't. Maybe you missed my post. Ranking to 3/30 and selling gives 425 shards. Keeping and duping gives 0, then 275 x 5 times, then 550 after that including the max Crystal. It takes 16 pulls to reach a value that adds up to more shards than selling each time.

The great majority of players (including you and me) will never pull a single champ 16 times. Please stop spreading misinformation that it's a negative to someone's account. It's a choice, not a mistake.
    No, it isn't. Maybe you missed my post. Ranking to 3/30 and selling gives 425 shards. Keeping and duping gives 0, then 275 x 5 times, then 550 after that including the max Crystal. It takes 16 pulls to reach a value that adds up to more shards than selling each time.

The great majority of players (including you and me) will never pull a single champ 16 times. Please stop spreading misinformation that it's a negative to someone's account. It's a choice, not a mistake.

I'm sorry, that information is short-sighted. The more Champs you possess, the greater your chances to roll Dups. Wasting Resources to R3, sell, and roll them again later on, is not sound. That's not misinformation. That's logic. It's not based on a hypothetical. You're asserting that hypothetically people won't Dup their Champs X number of times. You really won't if you keep selling. If you sell, that's entirely up to you. I'm not supporting the idea that it's better to do so.
    It takes 5 Dups to reach Max Sig with a 4*. Then you start doubling your Shards. More for 3*'s, but they are more available. It's simple common sense. Keeping Champs yields more Shards over time. Ranking to sell them off is instant gratification, but in the long run, it's less productive.
    It's not short sighted, it's math. What is the most times you have pulled a single champ? I'm willing to bet it's less than 6. With them adding a new champ every two weeks, the odds of duping keep going down. The "resources" lost from making a champ r3 are negligible to a player that plays regularly. I'm not advocating people to sell when they have only a handful of 4*, but there is considerable value in selling when a person has a sizeable roster.

You can have your opinion on it, but to say that nobody should do it is not reasonable. Not asking for your support, just for you to stop spreading incorrect information. I'm done though, go ahead and have the last word.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    I sell them. Keep a great roster of 16 champs. All of which are either 5* 3/45 and 4* max and 4/40. Level 60 with a base rating of 52k. anyway that base rating gives you nothing in teturn so why keep a spider gwen or she hulk. Im done grinding arenas. Just enjoy the game. Beside you would agree that you mostly play with the same champs all the time. But thats just me. To each their own i guess
    It's not incorrect information. You're asserting that people won't Max Sig their Champs. The number of us that don't sell and pull Max Sig Crystals is quite large. We also have Sig Stones quite available which add to the possibility of reaching Max. What you're talking about is using Resources to harvest Shards. Totally elective, but for anyone who doesn't sell and plays regularly, it is not impossible to Max Sig. Many of us do it all the time.
    I assume you mean 3* champs that you pull max sig crystals from all the time? I'm specifically talking about 4*, 3* and below don't provide enough value for me to sell.
    It's cumulative. Whether it's a 3* or a 4*, keeping them yields more over time. I have a few in both categories, more will come. I have a good number of 4*'s that are at the halfway mark. I'm not debating whether you do or not. How you play is up to you. When you say that it's not possible, or that it's worth more in general, that's simply not true. It may be worth more to you, but not overall.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    The general consensus seems to be 50/50-ish on this.
    Some can justify selling some can't.
    I can complete content faster with more 4* champs so if I take the "short term" gain is it really that "short term"?
    If I sell 5 **** 3*s that I haven't pulled more dupes on in 5 months and then pull a good 4*, rank him/her up and now have a more powerful champ to sooner complete harder content with, that can be considered a long term gain as well IMO.
    I have done this a time or two, pulled some good 4* champs that I needed for content that got me better resources that got me upgrading 4*s faster that allowed me to beat harder content sooner, etc.

It is my strategy and has been working and I believe has gotten me farther faster so that is my "long run" appeal to selling.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    As said before it is all about game stage... I have 98 3* maxed and 92 at lvl99 I won't sell as they are worth the extra shards.

Also have around 92 4* so selling and re ranking crappy ones is the best way.. I only have interest in 5* shards and now 6* ones
  • How many shards does selling a rank 1 4* champ get you?
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    425 shards for selling a 3/30 champ
    If the champs are already max sig or close, obviously you shouldn't sell them.
  • sbb75 wrote: »
    Yes. It is worth selling champions.
    Always sell a few 2*s and 3*s. They are useful for getting rank Rewards in events. They are cheap and easy points to rank.
    The NEVER sell people will have to sell expiring gems, stones, and ISO instead of getting Units, pots, 4* stones, crystals, etc... Helps with item use events.
    I Rather get rewards than keep useless champs for an extra 25 shard and more rotting ISO.

Couldn't agree more, in fact just sold a few hundred iso today b4 they expired. When u pull more duped 4* then new one's, hard to rank up anyother way then with new 3*. I have maxed out & sold shehulk ab 3 times already.