**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on Cavalier difficulty

Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★
This won’t go into rewards past saying they are not good.

Overall I enjoyed the content. I liked the design of each map buffs a class but does not penalize another. I was some what surprised by how easy the bosses were in general.

Warlock level, skill buff
I used nick fury mainly on the path has aegon with me as well. Don’t recall the global buff for skills being that important. Warlock was a pretty basic fight

Medusa level. I don’t have torch so I had no science I could use for disk track. Used fury, sunspot, and aa mainly for path. Medusa boss was straight forward

Scarlet level, tech boost. Took g2099, sentinel, ghost with me. The global didn’t feel very impactful. Boss could be tricky with the foot loose but play patient and win

Professor x cosmic boost. Used venom and Medusa. Least favorite boss because it was just a longish fight but no real challenge

Magik mutant boost. Took colossus, omega, Emma, aa. Magik I could see being the hardest boss for most. I used aa on her with good success

Apocalypse. Mystic boost. Used doom and Claire and this was my favorite buff. Blast to play. Favorite boss fight. Solo with doom, stark, and ghost. Play aggressive and intercept. Not hard but for me fun

Comments

• WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Personally I think it should give a full 6*, 30-45k 5*, and about 6 t2a. The rest I was fine with

More rewards then 6.4 exploration?
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    @RiderofHell but the content is not class based. It benefits certain classes, but it does not limit others. Using the right class just makes it easier. I ran 2 quests without a single benefitted class, because the other node required me to bring other champions. There were a lot of different options for the big notes in the quests.
    It was not that long to finish. Same length as UC, Master, Heroic, Normal. Imagine running this difficulty with r3 6*. The healthpools wouldn`t be too bad then.
    Health pools seemed large when UC hit and we used 4 stars to do it. Now we just blast through.
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Whaaaat said:

Mcord117 said:

Personally I think it should give a full 6*, 30-45k 5*, and about 6 t2a. The rest I was fine with

More rewards then 6.4 exploration?
    There is a lot more t2a and t5b as well as t5c. I don’t see why beating cav every month shouldn’t give a 6*. It won’t break the game. My civil war bp I pulled yesterday can attest to that. Maybe the amount of 5* is ambitious
    everything you said it's just too much
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    This content is pretty fun and at least more interactive. How people can say it’s a lot of effort when only been out 3 days 🤣

What really annoyed me is he 4* challenge. Why do we want to be wasting resources tanking up 4* champs. Not done it it 3 years and would rather use cats on 5/6*. Hopefully we don’t see this **** every month
  • Blaine_94Blaine_94 Posts: 31
    Tensio said:

Problem is always the same, the difficulty is ok but rewards are not worth for the effort. 1t2a and 12k t5b UC vs 1,3t2a and 38k t5b and 10% of. T5cc in cavalier.

I totally agree. For example, comparing difficulty and rewards with variant 5, I think there are definitely not worth. Or comparing it with Legendary Side Quest, that I think it's ridiculously easy this month and have more or less the same amount of rewards of Cavalier Event Quest!
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    So from what I’m seeing here - difficulty seems to be appropriate with the right counters, but the rewards don’t reflect the effort put forth?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Cav is easier than a normal months UC in my opinion with the class specific buffs that gives everyone massive specials and damage.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Siliyo said:

So from what I’m seeing here - difficulty seems to be appropriate with the right counters, but the rewards don’t reflect the effort put forth?

Bingo.
    I had a blast doing it... but the rewards are not even close to worth the effort.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Overall I enjoyed the content. I liked the design of each map buffs a class but does not penalize another. I was some what surprised by how easy the bosses were in general.

I used nick fury mainly on the path has aegon with me as well. Don’t recall the global buff for skills being that important. Warlock was a pretty basic fight

Medusa level. I don’t have torch so I had no science I could use for disk track. Used fury, sunspot, and aa mainly for path. Medusa boss was straight forward

Scarlet level, tech boost. Took g2099, sentinel, ghost with me. The global didn’t feel very impactful. Boss could be tricky with the foot loose but play patient and win

Professor x cosmic boost. Used venom and Medusa. Least favorite boss because it was just a longish fight but no real challenge

Magik mutant boost. Took colossus, omega, Emma, aa. Magik I could see being the hardest boss for most. I used aa on her with good success

Apocalypse. Mystic boost. Used doom and Claire and this was my favorite buff. Blast to play. Favorite boss fight. Solo with doom, stark, and ghost. Play aggressive and intercept. Not hard but for me fun

These nodes benefited players with large diverse rosters. Fine with that. Agree that the completion lacking rewards was a disappointment. It was hard to do, even on the easy paths.

Overall though super happy they’ve added this in the game. Additional challenging way to keep me busy, and more rewards to win.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    After 100% Cav, I can say it was enjoyable for the most part.

The only things I didn't enjoy for a short while were the times I had to actually git gud. Then I got gud.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Mcord117 said:

These nodes benefited players with large diverse rosters. Fine with that. Agree that the completion lacking rewards was a disappointment. It was hard to do, even on the easy paths.

Overall though super happy they’ve added this in the game. Additional challenging way to keep me busy, and more rewards to win.
    I did the entire content with about 10 total champs, you dont need a large diverse roster, you jut need to use proper class champs, they dont even need to be rank 3 5*s
  • The difficulty of cav wasn't bad but the rewards are definitely bad. They need to be buffed for sure.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Content was really fun, much better than v5 which I kinda disliked.

Thought the difficulty was fairly flat outside of the bosses of which only magik felt tricky. Was more about what chapter nodes and boosts suited your roster than anything else.

Thought it was on the easy side but it was fun so that’s the main thing for me. Defo can be done with the right 4* or r3s factoring in the boosts. R3 Angela for eg destroyed buffed up for me.

Almost don’t care about the rewards really since I’ve hardly enjoyed any new content for months save for the show up, pre-nerf. It’s just nice to be genuinely excited about playing a quest again.

Really hope all the incessant difficulty whingers don’t ruin this one too...

Overall amazing job, rewards could be better, agree there.

Saying that, the side quest, which is super boring in comparison, makes up for it overall for the month’s takings m. It just feels like the rewards should be reversed over the events. Maybe those moaning about rewards vs difficulty and effort should think about that. The inverse is true of the side quests.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★

Siliyo said:

Bingo.
    I had a blast doing it... but the rewards are not even close to worth the effort.
    This post makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Had a blast doing it, but isn't worth the effort..... Do you guys even listen to yourselves?

You realize the point of playing a game is fun right? If you had fun doing it, how is it not worth the effort? What are you chasing rewards for if you don't actually enjoy playing the game? I just don't understand the shards per second mentality so many of you guys have at all.
    Nothing wrong with content for contents sake. But for many it’s intertwined with the rewards.

I mean. It would seem highly odd to market a game on Kabam’s part where you’re actually selling deals to get champs or rank champs, or at the least promoting the elevation of rosters even if you don’t buy deals by making gated content or rank specific content or other factors to just simply engage in certain game nodes. They can’t have it both ways. And what’s the point of complaining about the consumer reaction when that’s how they sell or market the game?
  • AntoGreyAntoGrey Posts: 40
    I loved it and I hope Kabam won't change it just because kids begin to complain as usual
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★

WillieB said:

So the rewards for Cav difficulty are bad for this point in the game, but now imagine how terrible these same rewards will be two years from now when Cavalier is still the highest difficulty we have in the EQ and these are the same rewards. Remember, how long Uncollected was the hardest difficulty and the rewards stayed the same for over 2 years.

Just bc that's what they did with UC rewards doesn't mean that will happen here. You have no more evidence that they will than I do they won't. So being upset with something today about a potential maybe 2 years from now is just dumb.
    Please remove your panties from the wad they are in my friend, you're acting a little to aggressive for a mobile game message board. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. You give Kabaam way too much credit. You're obviously new to the game or are white-knighting for them. Defending them here won't help your crystal pulls little buddy.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    I love the content design no doubt but as for the rewards maybe a little bit more 6* shards will be nice is not like we are going to pull any champ useful.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    C'mon guys, you wanted 5* sig stones, you got them.

You wanted shards? Given to you in good proportions.

Catalysts? Delivered as well.

Tier SIX iso, the first time we've seen something like this, given to you.

You wanted big healthpools to open up your ramp-up champs like your 5* rank 5 guilly 2099 who you couldn't enjoy outside of late act 6, or your sunspot who you couldn't build above 2 flare stacks before your opponent became toast, or your CMM who was ending fights in one SP 2, or your Nick fury who annihilated the opponents before he had even thrown 2 SP 1's to be unblockable, or other OP damage champs who just sat there because they dealt too much damage in other content to be enjoyable to play around with. Well, you've got healthpools in the hundreds of thousands to enjoy playing against!

You also wanted nodes that didn't absolutely punish you, and then you got some even enhancing your champs.

You've got AQ, side events, variants, war, story mode, etc by the side where you can also get extra rewards from.

Need I say more? I don't really see a reason why people should complain so much about cavalier rewards. There's so many other ways and/or opportunities to get these things, and as Kabam said: There's still room for improvement and rewards update.

So stop whining y'all, just be patient, and let's see how far this thing goes and what the future holds.

Cheers!
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    WillieB said:

WillieB said:

So the rewards for Cav difficulty are bad for this point in the game, but now imagine how terrible these same rewards will be two years from now when Cavalier is still the highest difficulty we have in the EQ and these are the same rewards. Remember, how long Uncollected was the hardest difficulty and the rewards stayed the same for over 2 years.

Just bc that's what they did with UC rewards doesn't mean that will happen here. You have no more evidence that they will than I do they won't. So being upset with something today about a potential maybe 2 years from now is just dumb.
    Please remove your panties from the wad they are in my friend, you're acting a little to aggressive for a mobile game message board. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. You give Kabaam way too much credit. You're obviously new to the game or are white-knighting for them. Defending them here won't help your crystal pulls little buddy.
    So again, just making stuff up with absolutely no supporting evidence. Past anecdotes mean squat.

I assure you I'm far from new to the game as well.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    CapIW and Void are other science champs that work with diss track if you dont have torch.