**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is archangel supposed to be affected by glancing?

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
Was dueling an awakened ant-man, and I noticed that none of my bleeds could place, when he glanced my attacks. This is even though AA is immune to ability accuracy reduction, ad I'm pretty sure it hasn't always been like this.

Bug?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Was dueling an awakened ant-man, and I noticed that none of my bleeds could place, when he glanced my attacks. This is even though AA is immune to ability accuracy reduction, ad I'm pretty sure it hasn't always been like this.

Bug?

It is not a matter of AAR, to get a bleed you must crit and glancing prevents crits. That being said as long as you dont glance you can place bleeds jut fine
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Bug?

It is not a matter of AAR, to get a bleed you must crit and glancing prevents crits. That being said as long as you dont glance you can place bleeds jut fine
    AA doesn't need to crit to place bleeds. Check his heavy attack description, and compare to when you're using him in a fight. Even in a fight he can't crit at all (Doom, for example), he can place bleeds just fine with his heavies and I think his specials. Against Ant-Man, I don't see why he shouldn't place bleeds.
  • No_Ægon_clubNo_Ægon_club Posts: 150 ★★
    Lormif said:

Bug?

Yes this is true and wrong at the same time

AA has a line in his heavies that is specifically a flat % to place bleed on his heavy that is why quake Aa synergy is a good farming team with him

Glancing reduces aa by 100% but shouldn’t affect AA heavy attacks so unless he has super bad luck than it can be a bugged interaction
    I wish I could get a mod's comment on this issue tho
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,163 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Bug?

In sorry but the heavy don’t need to crt to giv bleed but if the first hit glaciers a few hit after u won’t prox anything. That’s why if u use a sp3 one thos glacier this u don’t hit them then a so3 because that can fails your abtily
    Gamer said:

Lormif said:

Bug?

In sorry but the heavy don’t need to crt to giv bleed but if the first hit glaciers a few hit after u won’t prox anything. That’s why if u use a sp3 one thos glacier this u don’t hit them then a so3 because that can fails your abtily
    Yeah, you're right about the heavy part. But even if AA's SP 3 is glanced, I believe he's supposed to place his effects since he's immune to the ability accuracy reduction from glancing.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,163 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Gamer said:

Lormif said:

Bug?

Yeah, you're right about the heavy part. But even if AA's SP 3 is glanced, I believe he's supposed to place his effects since he's immune to the ability accuracy reduction from glancing.
    Well now I’m just meant in gereal hero not only AA
  • quy_beuquy_beu Posts: 47
    Imo glancing is just like a passive ability and u cant bypass it. Like corvus cant crit with his glaive.
    Like quake’s concussion, AA can immune concussion (not get this debuff) but Quake still evade AA by her ability (AA cant bypass quake evade like cant bypass glancing)
    I think so
    Gamer said:

Kill_Grey said:

Gamer said:

Lormif said:

Bug?

Well now I’m just meant in gereal hero not only AA
    Oh, I see.
    quy_beu said:

Imo glancing is just like a passive ability and u cant bypass it. Like corvus cant crit with his glaive.
    Like quake’s concussion, AA can immune concussion (not get this debuff) but Quake still evade AA by her ability (AA cant bypass quake evade like cant bypass glancing)
    I think so

Yeah well, quake works that way in general. She can also evade against a debuff immune champ, and debuff immune champs aren't immune to ability accuracy reduction.
    But in the case of glancing, if you use another AAR immune champ like old man Logan to duel, say, an ant-man. You would notice that OML triggers all his abilities whether glanced or not since he's AAR immune. As for archangel, he seems to be having a problem with glancing even though he's also AAR immune like old balls.
    Still no word? Really?

I don't wanna go into LoL to fight that Ant-Man in there, and get wrecked because of a bug! C'mon guys, I'm planning an LoL exploration run, and I'm using archangel for a good number of fights including Ant-Man. I would hate to fight the guy and get ruined just because of a bug.

I just took my AA to rank 4, wanted to take him further but I'm skeptical now because of this bug.
    Still no word...
    Still no word in the new patch notes...
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,204 ★★★★★
    See it as this.
    AA has a 100% Chance to have a Small chance to trigger a bleed
    Glancing PREVENTS the 100% chance to trigger :smile: hope it helps

See it as this.
    AA has a 100% Chance to have a Small chance to trigger a bleed
    Glancing PREVENTS the 100% chance to trigger :smile: hope it helps

Not like AA is immune to AAR or anything 🙄
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    "Glancing hits cannot be critical, deal 50% reduced damage, and suffer -100% offensive ability accuracy"

It means a glance hit will deal half the damage and has zero offensive ability accuracy (if your offensive ability accuracy was at 100%).

Glanced hit = half damage = -100% offensive ability accuracy

Archangel's bleed and poison are an offensive ability accuracy.

I'll say his attack damage can be reduced but not his chance to put bleed and poison.

In my defense, when against an awaken Ant-Man, Archangel has to be able to put bleed or poison like normal but his hits can be reduced by half.

KABAM needs to change this interaction with Archangel.

Against an immune to AAR champ, the glanced hit and reduced damage HAVE to be coded separately from -100% offensive ability accuracy.

Conclusion to me : it's a clear bug. And it has been there for a long time now.

"Glancing hits cannot be critical, deal 50% reduced damage, and suffer -100% offensive ability accuracy"

It means a glance hit will deal half the damage and has zero offensive ability accuracy (if your offensive ability accuracy was at 100%).

Glanced hit = half damage = -100% offensive ability accuracy

Archangel's bleed and poison are an offensive ability accuracy.

I'll say his attack damage can be reduced but not his chance to put bleed and poison.

In my defense, when against an awaken Ant-Man, Archangel has to be able to put bleed or poison like normal but his hits can be reduced by half.

KABAM needs to change this interaction with Archangel.

Against an immune to AAR champ, the glanced hit and reduced damage HAVE to be coded separately from -100% offensive ability accuracy.

Conclusion to me : it's a clear bug. And it has been there for a long time now.

Finally, somebody that understands.
    Haji_Saab said:

A case of unstoppable force meets an unmoveable object. In these cases, you have to take an arbitrary decision and stick to it. Kabam has decided in favour of glancing and the implementation is 100% consistent (may be 99.99% of the times as bugs might happen).

Nothing trumps glancing.

That's a point, but the thing is that AA is the only AAR immune champ affected. Test out old man Logan, or Longshot, and you'll see what I mean.

It shouldn't be this inconsistent, if they decide it should work that way, then it should be that same way for all similar champs.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

A case of unstoppable force meets an unmoveable object. In these cases, you have to take an arbitrary decision and stick to it. Kabam has decided in favour of glancing and the implementation is 100% consistent (may be 99.99% of the times as bugs might happen).

Nothing trumps glancing.

That's a point, but the thing is that AA is the only AAR immune champ affected. Test out old man Logan, or Longshot, and you'll see what I mean.

It shouldn't be this inconsistent, if they decide it should work that way, then it should be that same way for all similar champs.
    Mysterio is also affected by it.
    I remember Zibiit said that Glancing and AAR immunity interaction is bugged. Kabam is aware of this.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Bug?

I suppose it's a bug: it looks like Glancing mechanics bypassed immunity to Ability Accuracy Reduction. Even mysterio (with helmet ON) doesn't gain chemical gas with his 2nd medium, if the hit gets glanced. I Hope admin clarifies those interactions.