**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cavalier difficulty should have completion rewards not expiration.

Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
In my opinion the difficulty is very tough and challenging which is not a bad thing. But with the champ restrictions and nodes it makes even one initial run through all chapters quite challenging for many Cavalier players with most having to use some resources. So what’s the motivation to push through even for one run if there’s no completion rewards? The rewards have been discussed many times as underwhelming for the difficulty but if you’re not even going to even get completion rewards and it’s tough for many to complete makes no sense to give exploration rewards that are also very underwhelming. I just feel it’s backwards. Kabam I feel should want people to try to push through at least for a completion. And then maybe instead of giving expiration rewards put better rewards on each path to motivate people to go back through different times for the different resources they need. If Kabam feel the need to only give one completion or expiration I just think completion makes more sense.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    SparkAlot said:

Expiration rewards? I suppose some things do expire if they go in your stash. :wink:

Anyway...

If you don't have the "correct class" champs, then there are no massive buffs, so what the OP is saying is, there still should be completion rewards to help people build their rosters since they don't got all 5/65 or R3 6*s yet.

Having rewards on the path is not the same thing, that is just Kabam forcing people to do exploration, and if they can't, tough luck for them this month, but all the past events, they could at least complete 1 path for normal rewards.

My bad voice text trying to game and work at the same time! Lol Besides me being an idiot and not checking my grammar I completely agree with what you stated
  • Options
    My point is when we all first started doing uncollected many of us had to use some potions and revives just to get completion. Almost half my alliance is cavalier and none are saying it’s easy which I do not think it should be. My point is what’s the point to push through maybe having to use units and revives or potions to get completion if there’s no reward for it? It doesn’t help a person trying to build a roster to compete with more endgame content in the least. My statement is it would just make more sense to have completion rewards rather than exploration rewards. Especially especially if the rewards are going to be underwhelming. For people that do not find it difficult or can get through it without having to use resources put the exploration rewards on the other paths as incentive for more endgame players to go back in after completion. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

My point is when we all first started doing uncollected many of us had to use some potions and revives just to get completion. Almost half my alliance is cavalier and none are saying it’s easy which I do not think it should be. My point is what’s the point to push through maybe having to use units and revives or potions to get completion if there’s no reward for it? It doesn’t help a person trying to build a roster to compete with more endgame content in the least. My statement is it would just make more sense to have completion rewards rather than exploration rewards. Especially especially if the rewards are going to be underwhelming. For people that do not find it difficult or can get through it without having to use resources put the exploration rewards on the other paths as incentive for more endgame players to go back in after completion. Just my opinion.

If you cant 100% it, you aren't ready.
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Well completing it actually gives you the following rewards:

6* Shards x 750 (250 per chapter)
    5* Shards x 4200 (1k per chapter + 200 per quest)
    T5B Fragment x 6,750 (2250 per chapter)
    T2A Fragment x 10,800 (3,600 per chapter)
    Generic 5* Sig Stones x 9 (3 per chapter)
    Gold x 75,000 (20k per chapter, 2500 per quest)
    T5 Class ISO x 18 (3 per quest)

Plus path bonus items.
    Looks plenty for completion rewards to me
  • Options
    ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    No, just no.
  • Options
    LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 219 ★★

Plus path bonus items.
    Looks plenty for completion rewards to me

Now please do a quick math of the exploration rewards, so I can know what I'll be missing because I'm not ready for that 100% completion thing.
  • Options

Plus path bonus items.
    Looks plenty for completion rewards to

Lol! Bro I can get almost the resources from doing alliance quest for one week. Which is far easier and much less roster restrictive. These rewards for cavalier are beyond lacking, and that’s right now it’s first month out! Do you know how bad these rewards will look in a year? me

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Aziz5253 said:

Skydad23 said:

Now this I respectfully but absolutely disagree with. They're supposed to get you to grow enough to 100% it.
    That's what UC is for.
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    The biggest problem Kabam made with this is labelling it Cavalier difficulty. To become Cavalier, you only need to complete 1 run of 6.1.

6.1 isn’t difficult. It doesn’t require a diverse roster.

The problem arises in that many people rush getting Cavalier, before they’ve grown their roster sufficiently. Then along comes a Cavalier difficulty EQ and these people assume it shouldn’t be any harder than 6.1.

The rewards are always going to be divisive especially given the new structure. I’m reasonably content with the shard rewards, however, they could maybe have increased the “completion” catalysts rewards a little, especially if one of the aims of this new difficulty is to give progressing players another avenue to earn the resources needed to work towards max rank 5* and rank 2 6*.
  • Options
    saorpssaorps Posts: 81
    It`s not only about additional difficulty, but the diverse rooster you need to complete all paths.
    it is a different approach from uncollected which allows us to complete different paths with the same heroes. Now you need to plan properly for smooth completion of the path and if we do not have the right champs, it will be much more difficult. it will be a challenge for limited roster players when playing AQ, AW, and monthly mission simultaneously.
    Anyway, it is the first month. it takes some time to adjust to new content in the game.
    I just expected the completion rewards to be better, but Kabam can change this.
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★

Aziz5253 said:

Skydad23 said:

Now this I respectfully but absolutely disagree with. They're supposed to get you to grow enough to 100% it.
    That's what UC is for.
    UC is supposed to help with initial completion of Cavalier, and initial completion of cavalier j's supposed to help with exploration of the same. That's how it's been in the story mode at least I guess.
  • Options
    Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Cav difficulty is not hard, there are no champ restrictions, in addition there are massive buffs you can get if you bring the correct class.

There
    Lormif said:

Cav difficulty is not hard, there are no champ restrictions, in addition there are massive buffs you can get if you bring the correct class.

Have you opened the quest and looked sir? Each quest restricts 90% of champs . I donno what game you are playing but it is not mcoc
  • Options
    Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★

Can I just point out. If you're struggling to complete one path this model is better long term. With exploration and completion rewards, you get two sets of rewards. If you cant complete one path, you miss out on a lot, which means you don't try for the 100% you stick to exploration.

This model encourages you to try that next path, makes you want to try harder and push for the next reward, which in turn will push you to exploration rewards.

The ones this is affecting the most, and I've seen it on the forums are "I dont have time" or "I cant be asked exploring, why should I?" And its that mentality which would have made kabam do this change, if you have a large percentage not even attempting to explore content theyve put a lot of time into.

Completion rewards are now restricted to per path rewards which is mediocre. There should be separate completion rewards and path rewards. In that case even cavalier players With less developed rosters can get some goodies every month on completion and push each path as you ve mentioned. It is necessary to buff completion rewards because inspite of the high health pools and new champs who each has their own challenges in defense and demand specific champion counters and still restrict 90% player roster just to play the quest. Which is unreasonable and tipical old kabam behaviour. Kabam was supposed to improve player interaction but cav monthly has proven otherwise
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

There
    Lormif said:

Have you opened the quest and looked sir? Each quest restricts 90% of champs . I donno what game you are playing but it is not mcoc
    That is false, there are only 2 paths that have any sort of restriction, the one that makes you have 3 debuffs on the defender, and the one that requires you yourself to have 3 buffs. The rest give you a bonus for bringing in class x, but does not restrict your champs. I dont know what game you are playing but it is not mcoc.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

In my opinion the difficulty is very tough and challenging which is not a bad thing. But with the champ restrictions and nodes it makes even one initial run through all chapters quite challenging for many Cavalier players with most having to use some resources. So what’s the motivation to push through even for one run if there’s no completion rewards? The rewards have been discussed many times as underwhelming for the difficulty but if you’re not even going to even get completion rewards and it’s tough for many to complete makes no sense to give exploration rewards that are also very underwhelming. I just feel it’s backwards. Kabam I feel should want people to try to push through at least for a completion. And then maybe instead of giving expiration rewards put better rewards on each path to motivate people to go back through different times for the different resources they need. If Kabam feel the need to only give one completion or expiration I just think completion makes more sense.

Yeah they could have maintained the completion rewards and could have distributed the exploration rewards on the paths.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

When there are nodes that reduce damage 100%, there are de facto champion restrictions. That’s the only thing I wish was different.

No one can overcome a roster deficiency with skill in that case. Contrast to 5.3 or whatever where classes had 50% attack nerfs. You could choose to fight on or wait to grow your roster.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Lormif said:

When there are nodes that reduce damage 100%, there are de facto champion restrictions. That’s the only thing I wish was different.

No one can overcome a roster deficiency with skill in that case. Contrast to 5.3 or whatever where classes had 50% attack nerfs. You could choose to fight on or wait to grow your roster.
    The number of champions that can place 3 debuffs is very large, the only one that is somewhat restricting is the one with 3 buffs. But if you are seriously having an issue with your roster in 4-6*s to that degree cav is probably not meant for you.