**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Special Chaos Inverions is bad node design change my mind

SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Dont get me wrong. Inverted control is interesting. But when you put it on start of the SP you never know 100% when it happens. Yes you can try to predict it. But when the AI chooses to throw it 0,5 sec earlier or later you have a problem.

Depending on the Special attack you could block it but when you add unblockable in the mix (like Magik boss in this event quest) it just sucks.

Whats you opinion on that?

Comments

• Options
    AceOfDiamondAceOfDiamond Posts: 197 ★★
    It was pretty interesting. When I had some distance on magik and she used sp1, I will dash back and the node will. Make me dash in. By the time I reach her, her sp1 would have ended and i will hit her easily and continue by combo. But this only works if I have enough distance.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    It’s not really that bad. After you end a combo dash back, then you have the option of parry or interred control evade, and it never even gets close.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I would have agreed a couple of days ago when I was getting annoying that I was dashing into Magiks Specials like a scrub (trust me I did it multiple times on each of my fights with her, I felt like a scrub).

However. After the 3rd time fighting her it sort of just... clicked. Generally speaking her specials don't have that "lunge" animation like some champs (Luke Cage for example) where if you're out of her usual hit range, they'll move forward during the special more than usual to hit you.

If you're standing about 2 character spaces away before she throws a special, and just drop your block, she'll throw the special, and as you slowly start walking towards her, there's enough time to either rehold block and she'll whiff her attack completely, or you have enough time to swipe forward so you can dash back.

It's definitely more about rewiring your brain to do what it's not supposed to do in that situation than anything else. Just takes a little bit of muscle memory resetting.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think it's ok because it's a playstyle change, in that you have to end comboes earlier and be more prepared for a special.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    also I suck at it too. Im doing uc right now and I'm getting bashed
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I have a question: If there was a chaos inversion node on Emma Frost and she uses a sp1, would our reversed-controls get reversed ?
    If you get what I mean...
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

i used archangel an only needed to revive him twice ( due to mistakes on my behalf) lol as soon as yu have nuerotoxins on her all yu have to do is avoid her specials an parry heavy

I agree he works. But he disables the nodes as well. And the solution cant be:

Dont play the node. I mean then you can just disable it in general
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 459 ★★★

My answer to every EQ boss. I'm saving that pic.
  • Options
    WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★

i used archangel an only needed to revive him twice ( due to mistakes on my behalf) lol as soon as yu have nuerotoxins on her all yu have to do is avoid her specials an parry heavy

AA can disable the Special Chaos Inversion with 3 or more neurotoxins?
    @The_Sentry06
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Did my initial run with omega red
    The exploration with AA

Only thing that saved my booty & revives/units was nick fury/quake synergy

I'm about 50-60% through exploration and no items used so far.