**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quake Advancement from Bake to Shake

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
I've got Quake at R5 and a Science Gem to consider awakening her - I know that the line is "If you're using Quake right, you don't need to parry" but that's my problem - I'm seriously struggling to make the step from Quake & Bake to Quake & Shake.

I can generally get the parry strategy OK though sometimes get caught out with odd AI behaviour - which is then exactly what screws me up in trying to Shake, I just can't get the timing down and the AI being inconsistent throws me out far too often.

So my question is - for those who made the step up to Quake & Shake, how did you do it?

Secondly - should I bite the bullet and use the gem on her to help boost her perfect block chance, accepting that it's being used as a crutch which could hold me back from making that leap?

Comments

• Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    With all the great science champs in the game that really need awakening why on earth would you use it on quake.
  • Options
    ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    No need to awaken.

Best way to learn quake and shake is simply to take her everywhere and treat every fight like it's stun immune.
  • Options
    No_oneuk said:

With all the great science champs in the game that really need awakening why on earth would you use it on quake.

Fair - I already have Cap IW, Void & Red Guardian awakened.

My current awakening alternatives would be Luke Cage (whom I never use though not averse to it where he'd be of value), Thing, or Mr Fantastic.
  • Options
    ImGodMF said:

No need to awaken.

Best way to learn quake and shake is simply to take her everywhere and treat every fight like it's stun immune.

Trial by fire, learning to swim by jumping into the lake? Thought as much :smile:
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I just started learning how to play her at the beginning of August when the Omega Boss Rush was released. Now I have finish all the Epic Boss Rush except the Omega with my 4* Quake. Quake and shake all the way. I didn't learn Quake and bake. What I did for practice was to fight Thing from the Boss Rush everyday until I got the hang of it. It's only two energy per try.

Why would you use a gem? She doesn't need it. I wish I have a 5*.
  • Options
    ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    No need to awaken.

ImGodMF said:

No need to awaken.

Trial by fire, learning to swim by jumping into the lake? Thought as much :smile:
    Yeah mate exactly that. Now I'm doing 200k+ hp health pools in cavalier difficulty with a 4/40 4* quake and shake. Even easy fights, just quake and shake until you get your rhythm.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I got her a 5 star from the compensation nexus and learned how to play her (Quake and Shake) in like 3 days. Just focus hard and practice in all sorts of content with her. She absolutely doesn't need her awakened ability. I took her to r5 unawakened.