**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Book 2 initial thoughts

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jmille85Jmille85 Posts: 101
    I only have 6 acts available while I’m in the beta...
  • Options
    DrkaraDrkara Posts: 78
    Jmille85 said:

I only have 6 acts available while I’m in the beta...

Same for me. I was able to do 1 path earlier but now Act 7 is gone. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Arifutera said:

GOTG said:

Sounds like too easy content again. Not punishing, very fun, lol, it hundred percent means not challenging enough.

Exactly, someone shares my opinion. If this game become too easy to do content and can just blast through without thinking anything, I will get bored and leave it.

You can watch first 3 min of BG's video on Cav Difficulty, he says exactly that
    Kabam turned from creator to follower who doesn't have courage to lead her own community but kneeling down doing what community says. It doesn't lead to greatness. Where is the greatness and the shock that Variant 1, and act 6.2 brought to us now? Yes it's terrible at first but great at last. Now we can't get such a good content anymore.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Just 1 quest and i feel like it better than 70% act 6 lol
  • Options
    sparky205sparky205 Posts: 28
    Not able to test anything in book 2 beta. No champs are accessible.
  • Options
    DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    I dont judge books by their covers. I dont have a law degree
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
    This is where I'd join book 2, if the beta would let me! Lmao.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

Arifutera said:

GOTG said:

Sounds like too easy content again. Not punishing, very fun, lol, it hundred percent means not challenging enough.

Exactly, someone shares my opinion. If this game become too easy to do content and can just blast through without thinking anything, I will get bored and leave it.

You can watch first 3 min of BG's video on Cav Difficulty, he says exactly that
    Kabam turned from creator to follower who doesn't have courage to lead her own community but kneeling down doing what community says. It doesn't lead to greatness. Where is the greatness and the shock that Variant 1, and act 6.2 brought to us now? Yes it's terrible at first but great at last. Now we can't get such a good content anymore.
    Variant 1, 6.2 and greatness should never be in the same sentence.
    Variant 1 isn't worth the exploration if you don't have a thing to cheese it
    And I still get nightmares of 6.2.5 after exploration.
    They're some of the most horribly designed content in the entire game. 6.2 gates are beyond illogical, limiting you to bring in 4 of the same class while also limiting the star rarity so you can't use any of the 6* you worked hard to rank up then putting a ridiculous amount of niche node combinations on defenders.

It was terrible at first and it's still terrible
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Do we know if its path based rewards & no completion rewards?
  • Options
    Xxx6667Xxx6667 Posts: 11
    I really like that you can replace a champ mid quest. I hope that kabam keeps this mechanic once book 2 is released.
  • Options
    h3rch3rc Posts: 7
    I’m late to the party and this has probably has already been mentioned. But I’m having trouble with getting champs to do book 2 and I have to do act 1 all over again but as I mentioned I can’t get any champs to do anything so good job guy’s.
  • Options
    SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    I would really like to try the beta out and give my feedback, but alas I am not one of the chosen.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I finally played book 2. Personally I think its perfect how it is so far based on the first 2 chapters. My skill level is no where near the top but I have all in game content finished outside of 3 abyss paths. I would say easy is an over exaggeration.
    Easy just means that you're able to make a mistake or two and not just get wrecked. Also, Kabam gave boosts for using certain champions and that's exactly what we been asking for. The key is to get the rewards right and I believe all the complaints will be gone and to have a really tough final boss for the people who want a "challenge."
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Thought it's been pretty easy so far. It's at least not totally boring but it certainly hasn't been what I'd call challenging. Only item use there has been has been bc of sloppy play bc there's really no penalty for not playing well in a beta like this. Even then most paths and bosses have been itemless.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    If it goes live like this it's not like I'm not gonna be upset or anything. There certainly won't be that same sense of relief once it's done like there was with most of Act 6 or V1. It's alarming there are people saying parts of it need to be nerfed though.

I'm fairly indifferent to it at this point honestly. The people that enjoyed a lot of Act 6 are in such a minority that it's not even funny. There was definitely some bad in there but I don't think it was near as bad as most. I do hope we at least get to the point where those of us that didn't despise Act 6 have at least something to do on a regular basis but it is what it is. It does get incredibly old seeing people complain about even the most trivial challenges though.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

If it goes live like this it's not like I'm not gonna be upset or anything. There certainly won't be that same sense of relief once it's done like there was with most of Act 6 or V1. It's alarming there are people saying parts of it need to be nerfed though.

I'm fairly indifferent to it at this point honestly. The people that enjoyed a lot of Act 6 are in such a minority that it's not even funny. There was definitely some bad in there but I don't think it was near as bad as most. I do hope we at least get to the point where those of us that didn't despise Act 6 have at least something to do on a regular basis but it is what it is. It does get incredibly old seeing people complain about even the most trivial challenges though.

I agree. I want Kabam to push side events for you guys specifically so you can get your monthly fix. Profit wise, if Kabam made permanent content that would challenge your roster/skill level it would definitely be a turn off and hurt the game.
    I haven't seen anybody asking for a nerf for the new act 7 but if there is they shouldn't have access to the beta because that is ridiculous and we need honest feedback.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    So finally did first path on book 2. Quest 1.1. Did the flare path using only 5* and no boosts still managed to kill the 90k yondu with a single revive because I messed up a little bit. And for reference I am cavalier but have not yet taken down 6.2.2 champion. I'd say overall it's not too bad, though I can see certain paths like cant stop wont stop being a bit of a pain. Good job imo.
  • Options
    Just finished 7.1.1 first run. Kabam is trying to create an environment where more champions are needed to complete, that I like. The play is challenging so far.