**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus

2»

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Shamir51 said:

Bypassing armour and lowering that further are two different things. English isn't my first language, but im definitely not bad at it

Think about it logically.

Corvus has a true damage buff which ignores armour and resistances. So when Corvus has this buff, no matter how many armour ups the opponent has, it’s essentially 0 when Corvus attacks.

You are now saying that inflicting an armour break then lowers armour further? So If armour is essentially 0 due to true damage, the armour break makes it a negative armour rating?!?!
    Why dont you know armour rating can go into negatives? Haven't you ever gone past 25 hits in breakthrough node?
    We are not talking about going intoi negatives, and this is the first time, after I brought it, that you mentioned it.
    I am talking of negatives. And the shamir guy doesn't know about negatives. I wasnt telling you.
    Again, be specific when you are telling people they are wrong, and you still dont know he doesnt know about negatives.

Lormif said:

Just a doubt, shouldn't having armour breaks actually increase damage??

Im new to the game, please help me with the some good advice.
    CG already bypasses armor, so armor breaks wont increase his damage unless his charges are down.
    Well this is what you said. And this is wrong. Because you're not taking anything into consideration. Just "charges". He can do it, against duck, skull, ironman iw at the very beginning of the fight
    That is not how right and wrong works. I was right in the scope that the guy and I was talking about, you added something else to consider, but that is a differnt context. You have to stay in the context.

Lormif said:

Just a doubt, shouldn't having armour breaks actually increase damage??

Im new to the game, please help me with the some good advice.
    CG already bypasses armor, so armor breaks wont increase his damage unless his charges are down.
    Well this is what you said. And this is wrong. Because you're not taking anything into consideration. Just "charges". He can do it, against duck, skull, ironman iw at the very beginning of the fight
    well then you are wrong because you are not taking into account physical resistances that can make the damage go down. But of course like your post, my post is out of context and just talking about something else that can play a facter.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    🤯 Holy cow. Had no idea about negative armour whatsoever so I stand well and truly corrected!
    My apologies and my thanks for the knowledge bomb 👍

To be honest, I’ve never really bothered with numbers in so far as armour ratings and armour break effects are concerned.

I’ve always been extremely happy (and it turns out pretty ignorant too) when using Corvus to simply parry and MLM.
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    @Lormif , it’s like Howard the duck has 8 armour up buffs in start of a fight(if I’m not wrong) and then when Corvus parries him, all of them are converted to armour break buffs. When you can have negative values, it makes sense that converting 8 armour ups to armour breaks will increase the damage significantly, doesn’t it??☺️

@Lormif , it’s like Howard the duck has 8 armour up buffs in start of a fight(if I’m not wrong) and then when Corvus parries him, all of them are converted to armour break buffs. When you can have negative values, it makes sense that converting 8 armour ups to armour breaks will increase the damage significantly, doesn’t it??☺️

I already covered that a few posts ago...
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Anyways, I had a doubt about this whether you can have negative values and so arose my question.
  • This thread has gotten a bit argumentative and so we will be shutting it down now, since the original question has already been answered. No changes have been made to Corvus but if you think something is off and have some evidence of it, you can submit the information in the Bugs and Known Issues section of the forum using the forum bug report template. If you have questions on strategy and tips for Corvus, you can ask other players in the Strategy and Tips section of the forums.
This discussion has been closed.