**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Voodoo power burn

I know it's been brought up before that Voodoo's power burn doesn't work against Immunity nodes even though other power drains work. I've run into another situation where this has become a problem that it shouldn't be. Just fought Crossbones in 5.1.6 with Voodoo and while I had power burn up, every hit had a chance to trigger Crossbones' signature ability upon burning power, which kept Crossbones up to between 8-12 stacks of fury. Voodoo's power burn is a buff on himself that causes a debuff effect, but definitely is not an actual debuff that should be able to be shrugged off and converted by Crossbones.

Comments

• WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    I literally just had this happen in aw as well with voodoo he ended up with 20 stacks. It was insane.almost died lol
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Had this happen again in AQ..
    Bump..still happening. Just had it happen again in arena
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    yes this is a problem immunity to debuffs means immune to debuffs. hawkeyes power drain is not a debuff and that doesnt work dr voodoos power drain is not a debuff and it does not work. if this is what kabam is trying to do then call it immune to negaive detriments instead of immune to debuffs and make it so no ones power drain works there
  • ive just started using DrV. his sp2 on an even combo is awesome. just wanted to know, if im hitting the opponent and his power bar fills with each hit, does the power burn cancel out the new damage only or is it meant to remove more?
    They do need to figure that out also, so they can make it consistent across all champs with a power drain, but I was talking more about the interaction with Crossbones sig ability because there's nothing for him to actually shrug off and convert to fury, yet he gains stacks of fury when he power burns somehow.
    As for how much power he drains, it depends on how many stacks of the power burn buff you have. You can have up to 3. Generally, without any kind of extra power gain, he burns more power than they gain, so you can take their power down to 0 and keep it there. With 1 power burn buff, sometimes even with 2, they still usually gain more power than you burn, so you're just slowing down the power gain rather than fully negating it.
    So for the best power burn, I try to make sure their are at least 3 loas placed to convert into power burn buffs before using the sp2