**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My thoughts on 6.2 Sinister now that I've done him

Ya_Boi_28Ya_Boi_28 Posts: 3,050 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
I've been stuck on sinister for so long!! But today I've finally gotten past him and wanted to share my thoughts now that I've done and experienced the fight.

Who and what I used:
• 5/65 Sig 20 Medusa
• 5 L2 Revives
• ~50 l3 pots

Firstly, I want to say that Caustic Temper just irritates me. I had plenty of poison immunes, but no-one with a fury and No heimdall. But that was a roster problem for me personally.

Secondly, the node combo is awful. I know this has been said but I can now fully emphasize that. The node combo punishes you for doing what you have to do to do damage. I got him down by Smashing him down and getting to an L3 before dying to shock, Pushing him to an L3 or getting clipped. It was a horrible experience and I never want to willingly do that ever again.

With the Act 6 Changes, I hope this is one of the first fights that get changed. I would personally remove EMP mod and keep CT. But I also hope that people at Kabam realize why this is an awful fight. It does not take a genius to figure that out. All you have to do is go into the fight and test it.

So yeah, that's how my encounter with Sinister went. Awful. Next on the agenda: Mordo. That'll be fun...

Comments

• Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i agree the fight sucks. just gone thru him once using ghost.

question. why did you have to push him to L3??
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah I put a comment about the fight in a thread that someone made about problem fights. there are a lot of restrictions on what you can bring, and no matter how well you play, you will take damage, and depending on who you use, it can kill you very fast

I'm not sure, but it's probably because you'd have to dex the sp1 and sp2, and those would give buffs for emp mod
    I think I'd remove caustic temper because you can generally play without triggering dex and you can bring someone who doesn't trigger many buffs
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    I found it easy one shotted him with joe fixit!!! Just kidding took me 3 revives....
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    I’d take this fight over quite a few others I’ve seen. But it’s not fun.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I have done that thing yesterday with Heimdall, Angela, Venom (for evade path), Fury and CMM and although I spent only one L2 revive, the node combo is just plain awful. It literally forces you to get buffs and get punished for that (EMP mod).

There shoulm't be fights that require this specific counter and punish you for countering it.
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    the block damage is ridiculous on this fight as well. i was going through it with my gulk and each blocked sp1 takes out ~1.3k damage. seems like a bit much to me...
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    ẞlооd said:

I hear you man. I Quaked it.

Without the Heimdall synergy...

How's the game going with 4 fingers?
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★

I'm not sure, but it's probably because you'd have to dex the sp1 and sp2, and those would give buffs for emp mod
    you can block his sp2
    It's a lot of block damage but it's better from the shocks
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

I've been stuck on sinister for so long!! But today I've finally gotten past him and wanted to share my thoughts now that I've done and experienced the fight.

Who and what I used:
    • 5/65 Sig 20 Medusa
    • 5 L2 Revives
    • ~50 l3 pots

Firstly, I want to say that Caustic Temper just irritates me. I had plenty of poison immunes, but no-one with a fury and No heimdall. But that was a roster problem for me personally.

Secondly, the node combo is awful. I know this has been said but I can now fully emphasize that. The node combo punishes you for doing what you have to do to do damage. I got him down by Smashing him down and getting to an L3 before dying to shock, Pushing him to an L3 or getting clipped. It was a horrible experience and I never want to willingly do that ever again.

With the Act 6 Changes, I hope this is one of the first fights that get changed. I would personally remove EMP mod and keep CT. But I also hope that people at Kabam realize why this is an awful fight. It does not take a genius to figure that out. All you have to do is go into the fight and test it.

So yeah, that's how my encounter with Sinister went. Awful. Next on the agenda: Mordo. That'll be fun...

Well said
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Numan said:

Opened like 5 cosmic tech crystals got blessed with Heimdall used g2099 0 revives 0 spls thrown by sinister

Guilly 2099 is bae!
    Can't wait to use her to explore that quest. It would probably have been easier with her if I had her when I first went through that quest. Ghost still put in work, but sinister's AI was a pain point.

Also, did you use any of her prefights? @Numan
  • NumanNuman Posts: 276 ★★
    edited September 2020
    Kill_Grey said:

Numan said:

Opened like 5 cosmic tech crystals got blessed with Heimdall used g2099 0 revives 0 spls thrown by sinister

Guilly 2099 is bae!
    Can't wait to use her to explore that quest. It would probably have been easier with her if I had her when I first went through that quest. Ghost still put in work, but sinister's AI was a pain point.

Yeah power burn one stuck to mlll block reparry repeat
    @Kill_Grey
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Numan said:

Kill_Grey said:

Numan said:

Guilly 2099 is bae!

Yeah power burn one stuck to mlll block reparry repeat
    @Kill_Grey
    Oh cool, thanks
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

The second he throws a Special, you're dead from EMP mod. Your best bet is to do as much damage as you can without letting him throw one. On my run, I was lucky enough to throw 5 heavies in the corner on one attempt before he threw his Sp3. It was a lot of extra damage.
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Every time I hear about 6.2 Sinister Boss I want to throw everything out of the window and cry, Kabam needs to do something about that fight, I don't care about compensation I just want others to not feel the pain I went trough.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I completely agree. Imo it's the worst designed fight in the entire game. It's just so stupidly niche and difficult. I'd like to see it as the #1 boss fight to get changed in Act 6.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I did that fight yesterday and i felt i was just throwing revives at him what make it worst you have to do that same fight so many time to 100%, this fight make me sit and ask myself who tested these node combination because i find it hard that some of these node combination made it to the live server, its like u need this champ to do the fight oh wait there's a node that counter what the counter does well so you either have to get stupid lucky with crystal opening or you better have the "unit man" on your team, i really hope with oct update kabam look at these boss fights and their node and remove them don't just replace them with another stupid node. 6.2 is the only chapt i haven't 100% yet due to champ restriction and these crazy boss fights.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Aziz5253 said:

ẞlооd said:

I hear you man. I Quaked it.

Without the Heimdall synergy...

How's the game going with 4 fingers?
    I'd prefer to play the game with 4 fingers than do that fight again haha
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★

I completely agree. Imo it's the worst designed fight in the entire game. It's just so stupidly niche and difficult. I'd like to see it as the #1 boss fight to get changed in Act 6.

Nope, mordo from 6.2.5 takes the cake anyday before this fight