**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What Could Gambit's Buff Look Like?

Gambit is one of my favorite characters but it's disappointing how underwhelming he is. I was wondering what you guys think his buff could look like and what his new abilities could be. How good do you think he'll be after the update?

Comments

• Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

But on a serious note, hoping they tweak the fold mechanic to be like Nebula’s, were he can get hit while blocking and still get charges. Other than that, he just really needs a number tune up and then he’s fine.

And his prowess needs to be purple

Why don’t we make it dark green instead for the kicks?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

But on a serious note, hoping they tweak the fold mechanic to be like Nebula’s, were he can get hit while blocking and still get charges. Other than that, he just really needs a number tune up and then he’s fine.

And his prowess needs to be purple

Agreed. And maybe some type of unblockable on his heavy.
    you mean unstoppable, not unblockable, right?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I think Gambit has an interesting kit to play around with, I’m not a huge fan of hold for prowess. I would like to see the following:

Signature ability : Gambit gains a kinetic charge every 5 seconds with with each Kinetic charge gain up to maximum of 90% bleed resistance and 60% physical resistance

Passive : As long as gambit has 5 kinetic charges he has the ability to taunt the opponent for 8 seconds on 2nd medium attack. Ending an attack Light attacks inflicts an incendiary buff lasting for 6 second. While the opponent is under incinerate increase special attack by X %

When gambit has 10 Kinect charges , he reaches a state called charge potential

Heavy Attack: Gambit can cash out heavy attacks increasing Special damage for each kinetic charge by 20%
    ( when charged potential is active, gambit does not cash out his kinetic charges immediately , instead pauses the fall off for 10 seconds.

Special 1- Special 1 has 85% chance to stun opponent each stun cost 1 kinetic charge and increase stun duration by 2% for maximum of 8 second.
    (When charged potential is active , increase stun chance to 100% and inflict an incinerate debuff decreasing block proficiency by 50%)

Special 2- Cash in all charges with 100% chance to create a concussion debuff on the opponent reducing ability accuracy up to 85% based off how many charges were used)
    ( when charged potential is active increase damage of prowess by 20% for each kinetic charge, in addition pauses kinetic charges during special attack)

Special 3 - kinetic charges are paused indefinitely and not cashed out until the next special attack Occurs.
    ( when charged potential is active, this gives an additional 10 kinetic charges)

How you guys disagreeing with a suggestion lol?
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    A longer reaching heavy animation would help.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★

A longer reaching heavy animation would help.

Definitely. It looks too similar to his second medium anyway. Think it should be a pole vaulted kick off his staff. One of his signature moves but absent in the game. Would be a great place to put it.
  • Gambit is current MVP in Variant 1, because he can chain stun in certain paths.
    I bet he cannot do it after November update. So, NERF is coming!
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    Midnite93 said:

Kit will be same but more enhanced with some new additions

Wish he would get something different. I know that his kit will remain the same, but I hate that charging mechanic, even on champions where it works better like Nebula. It just takes me out of the fight and for a character as fast and agile as Gambit, his slow paced game mechanic runs counter to his fighting style.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    As long as he’s about iceman level and isn’t a heavy for damage champ,I’m good
  • Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    I hope it looks good since I just duped him as a 6* which was a sad,sad moment. He’s a cool character with potential so hopefully Kabam does him justice.
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    I'm waiting for falcon buff
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Texas_11 said:

Because his buff is not a numbers tune up. I didn’t see a thing that wasn’t just number changes besides “incendiary buffs” and taunt. I also don’t like the fact that anyone can throw out an L1 8 second stun when you regain the spent kinetic charge 5 seconds later. You can L1 stun lock with normal power gain with a ~5 second stun. 8 seconds is very broken.

I disagree with your take on how to improve him, that’s all.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

if anyone should complain, it’s me.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Agree fold mechanic needs to change. Love the idea of putting some burst energy damage somewhere in his kit. I'd also like to see the paralyze on his sp1 instead of 3 and let Sp3 give an additional attack bonus per prowess on top of prowess (similar to Magneto). I don't think this would be broken because his prowess are capped at a low number already. I'm just saying let the Sp3 basically double whatever prowess you have.

Texas_11 said:

Because his buff is not a numbers tune up. I didn’t see a thing that wasn’t just number changes besides “incendiary buffs” and taunt. I also don’t like the fact that anyone can throw out an L1 8 second stun when you regain the spent kinetic charge 5 seconds later. You can L1 stun lock with normal power gain with a ~5 second stun. 8 seconds is very broken.

I disagree with your take on how to improve him, that’s all.
    Thanks for the feeeback
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 ★★★
    MaxGaming said:

He will do this

Really curious to see how that mechanic will work
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

MaxGaming said:

He will do this

Really curious to see how that mechanic will work
    Imagine if his entire buff is just an extra special attack button on Bishop. I would love seeing the forums erupt