**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My Thoughts on 6.2 (Not Including The Champion)

Ya_Boi_28Ya_Boi_28 Posts: 3,050 ★★★★★
TL;DR: 6.2 was a missed opportunity and with a few changes, 6.2 has the potential to become an amazing piece of story content. My biggest gripe w/ 6.2 is with how the node combos and other fights were executed.

So I've just done 6.2.5. It was very painful and irritating. Mordo is something else completely. But after doing this quest, I realized how much potential 6.2 has. I think that with both major and minor adjustments, 6.2 could become one of the best chapters in story.

I said what I said. If you take the time to look at 6.2 from an outside perspective, I think you'd see it too! Here are my thoughts on 6.2 overall:

Firstly, 6.2.1. Lifecycle, we have all probably had some experience with this node. It's annoying, but doable. Looking over the chapter, I really think that everything screams: Average. The boss isn't too bad. Dorm is a pain, but doable. 15% buffet is always annoying. I really like the idea of paths being organized by character groups though. However, I really think that this quest is lacking that spice. None of the paths even make you interested to test them out.

I really think this quest would be great if there was a node that benefits you from knocking the defender down. That could be really cool and make Lifecycle less dull and annoying. If you really wanted to spice things up, you could give the opportunity to earn bonuses by fighting with or against certain champions. So overall, this quest is boring. Nothing jumps out at me in the slightest. Definitely could've offered more.

Next, 6.2.2. Backblast is definitely interesting. You could use incinerate immunes or champs that don't crit too hard. The quest is also kinda meh, but not too bad. You can definitely see sprinkles of stupid fights though. No Retreat BW Classic, Soft Guard & Rage Annihilus, Raptor Upgrades Darkhawk, etc. But... I think there are some interesting paths in here! Aspect of Chaos, Biohazard & Bleed Vulnerability, and Kinetic Transference w/ Explosive Personality are all interesting. I think Bleed Vulnerability could've been replaced by another vulnerability node, but it's still an interesting path regardless. However, this quest is a massive flop for one core reason. Whenever you hear '6.2.2', what do you think about? You already know don't you?

Mr. Sinister. Man. This boss is the perfect example of too much of the wrong thing, but not enough of the right thing. I left a thread of feedback, but the best thing for this fight would be to replace EMP mod with a node that's helpful to the player. A way to earn a fury, a way to negate his regen, or a way to strengthen your champs each time you die would all be great here. This fight is currently a unit fest, but it is definitely one that has the potential to be one that is difficult, but can be soloed with skill. So yeah, anything great about this quest gets overshadowed by this man right here.

Next, 6.2.3. One of the saving graces of 6.2! Icarus is amazing! Definitely great since you can avoid, use, or abuse the node! Omega is interesting. Not too bad, just meh. There are some fights that are very annoying: Raptor Upgrades, Arc Overload Darkhawk; 15% Buffet Sinister; 20% Limber, Encroaching Stun Rhulk. But I think Icarus really eases the pain on these fights. Definitely a great time after dealing w/ Sinister. Very solid quest overall.

Onto 6.2.4. I think I'm probably one of the only people that really enjoyed destructive feedback. It was challenging and satisfying to see them take damage when the shield expired. It also created a high risk situation when you did big damage with the shield up. With every quest however, there are bad fights. Cornered, Buffet Juggs, Energize Dorm, 80% Phys Resistance, Micro-Reflect Ant-Man. I think that some of the node combos in this quest are kinda boring and uninteresting.

Kingpin is my favorite boss fight of 6.2. High risk environment, easy solo by playing carefully. If you get into a good rhythm, you start to enjoy the fight. 10/10. So yeah, this quest was solid. A few bad fights, but I really like destructive feedback.

Onto 6.2.5. But first, a question for anyone at Kabam reading this: What on earth happened between the design of 6.2.4 and 6.2.5? It seems like there was a MASSIVE shift in direction. 6.2.3 and 6.2.4 were awesome. 6.2.5? Awful. Throughout this writeup, I've been looking over each quest on my phone and sharing my thoughts. But I don't even know where to begin with this quest. That is me being 100% honest. Forget certain fights being bad. There are ENTIRE paths that are downright awful and seem like they were designed with malice.

The paths with the cosmic and tech gates are dreadful. 'Easy' opponents like Nebula turn into nightmares. Let's not forget that you are REQUIRED to bring 4 CHAMPIONS of the same specific class to do these paths. I can barely recognize who Kabam were trying to steer you in the direction of using! Who are you using for a 1% Regen, 80% Crit Resist, Aspect of Death and Power Reserve IMIW with a Do Not Go Gentle global? And why are all of these nodes on the same fight?! This writeup is coming from someone who is just looking at certain fights. If I can tell that a fight is going to be really bad by just looking at it, then something is wrong. Honestly.

Now one might think that in a quest like this, you could get a saving grace. A flicker of hope! A boss that completely shakes things up and makes the experience worthwhile! That is not what Mordo is by a MASSIVE longshot. Say hello to one of the worst fights I've ever seen and experienced playing this game. Who on earth thought that it would be a good idea to combine Do Not Go Gentle with Mordo? Not to mention the other ELEVEN nodes that you have to fight him with for the other SIX paths!

Honestly, this fight could've been great. It could've been a fight that could've complimented the gates very nicely had someone taken the time to think it through! Firstly, Strength in Numbers. A cashgrab. Don't even beat around the bush. It is what it is. I honestly think that the Node Title is extremely misleading. Strength in Numbers should mean that you get some kind of bonus of benefit from bringing a team of champs of a similar class, champion tag or something! Instead, we get a HUGE penalty and reduction to both attack and ability accuracy for having dead champions! That would be slightly reasonable if the paths weren't a DISASTER.

Then you have Spite. Because everyone loves spite. Then you have Special Delivery and Hurt Locker because we love having both of those nodes on the same fight. Unblockable specials too! Definitely don't forget Recovery, Enhanced Fury, Stupefy, Enhanced Abilities, Debilitate, and Buff Duration that all make Mordo even more annoying. Overall, 6.2.5 is undoubtably one of the worst quests I've ever seen. If 6.2 is ever to become a good piece of content, this quest need to be slashed to pieces.

Onto 6.2.6. I haven't done The Champion yet, so I can't give thoughts on him yet. I'm nervously excited for him though!

Overall, 6.2.6 is terrible. The quest and link node layout is well thought out. Too bad the lanes are some of the worst in game. If I'm being 100% honest, Do You Bleed? Rogue sounds like a legitimate joke. It really does. So does Do You Bleed? Emma. Yet somehow both of these fights made it past who knows how many people and was released! And are still In Game! The final quest of 6.2 is a massive let down. The Champion is terrible as well. Glad No Retreat was removed because that was downright sadistic.

I'm searching for positive things about the quest. The search is coming up partially empty. The only good thing I can see is the 100%-10% phase of The Champion. I heard it's skilled based and challenging, but I've yet to experience it first hand. So yeah, 6.2.6 pre-nerf was probably the worst quest in the game. Scratch that. 6.2.6 pre-nerf is the worst quest in game. 6.2 overall was a letdown.

As far as how to get 6.2 to be a great piece of content, it's really a case of re-thinking these horrible fights. Do You Bleed? Rogue could be changed to increase your debuff duration by a huge amount, then you could add bleed Vulnerability. Imo, every gate should be reduced to 2 champs of a specific class maximum. Instead of forcing 4 slots of a specific class, you could add a node that increases attack by 25% per champ of a specific class. Then you'd kinda WANT to bring in a team with 4 Mystics! But I don't work for Kabam, so I can't make these changes.

If anyone at Kabam made it to the end, thanks for reading community feedback. If you're reading this, I'd really like to thank you. 6.2 has so much potential, but it really is a letdown. Hopefully when these Act 6 changes come, 6.2 can come out 100 times better than it started. The biggest letdown was the way these ideas were put together imo. If anyone else made it to the end of this RANT, thank you! Let me know your opinions on 6.2 and wish me luck on The Champion!

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Damn, after seeing that micro reflect and physical resistance Ant-Man, I thought to myself: "Archangel ought to slaughter this fight, ultimate counter to glancing, right?" Then I remembered how frickin bugged he is!

So yeah, doesn't seem like Kabam will ever acknowledge that particular issue, as my posts on the subject apparently keep falling on deaf ears. I just wonder how people are ever going to be able to beat that Ant-Man when the best counter has a very significant bug that is severely overlooked. I also wonder who people used for that fight in the first place!
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Damn, after seeing that micro reflect and physical resistance Ant-Man, I thought to myself: "Archangel ought to slaughter this fight, ultimate counter to glancing, right?" Then I remembered how frickin bugged he is!

So yeah, doesn't seem like Kabam will ever acknowledge that particular issue, as my posts on the subject apparently keep falling on deaf ears. I just wonder how people are ever going to be able to beat that Ant-Man when the best counter has a very significant bug that is severely overlooked. I also wonder who people used for that fight in the first place!

Enough about bugs. I agree that 6.2 is a slugfest. I thought 5.3 was bad enough when I was doing my elders bane run, but 6.2 isn't to act 6 as 5.3 is to act 5. It's MUCH worse!

Just let that sink in...
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I agree with almsot everything you said. And I too was a big fan of destructive feedback. Don't worry, bro. 6.3 completion is much more fun.
  • Options
    WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Overall, 6.2.6 is terrible. The quest and link node layout is well thought out. Too bad the lanes are some of the worst in game. If I'm being 100% honest, Do You Bleed? Rogue sounds like a legitimate joke. It really does. So does Do You Bleed? Emma. Yet somehow both of these fights made it past who knows how many people and was released! And are still In Game! The final quest of 6.2 is a massive let down. The Champion is terrible as well. Glad No Retreat was removed because that was downright sadistic.

Corvus and Aegon can solo the 'Do you bleed path'

And 'The Champion' fight is one of the best fights in the entire game
    Because you aren't good enough to solo it, doesn't mean that the design is bad
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Whaaaat said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

And so, the first person who didn't read my entire post arrives! I ***Didn't*** include the Champion because I haven't done him. Do You Bleed rogue is still horrendous design.
    But why do you say: 'The Champion is terrible as well. Glad No Retreat was removed because that was downright sadistic' ?

It means that you think The Champion fight isn't a well design fight
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Okay, a couple things.

1. I agree about the Champion fight, I loved it. Would've loved to try it before the nerf.

2. He said he was leaving The Champion out of it cause he hasn't tried it yet. He never complained about it and who's to say he can't solo him?

3. Please explain to me how Corvus could even do 1% damage on a Do You Bleed path. Cause I would like to know.
    2. He said: 'The Champion is terrible as well. Glad No Retreat was removed because that was downright sadistic.'
    What do you understand from this?

3.You can take 2-3 charges with Corvus in this path
    And then you just attack when they hold block. The same thing with Aegon
    Is pretty easy
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Okay, a couple things.

1. I agree about the Champion fight, I loved it. Would've loved to try it before the nerf.

2. He said he was leaving The Champion out of it cause he hasn't tried it yet. He never complained about it and who's to say he can't solo him?

3. Please explain to me how Corvus could even do 1% damage on a Do You Bleed path. Cause I would like to know.
    2. He said: 'The Champion is terrible as well. Glad No Retreat was removed because that was downright sadistic.'

Is pretty easy
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

@Etjama

Is pretty easy

Well thanks, I didn't know that. But just because Corvus and Ægon can counter it doesn't mean it's not a BS path. Emma with armor break immunity, KM with fearless and Rogue with limber would be fine until you combine it with Do You Bleed. Then it's just stupid. And I definitely wouldn't call it easy using Ægon and Corvus.
    It's quite easy actually
    It took me about 20-25 4 hit combo into their blocks for each one of them
    Killmonger is a little annoying with his reverberation, but if you play carefully enough you can solo this fight as well

Every champ that inflicts critical hits through block, is the way to go for this path
    I don't think that Kabam expected you to bring bleed champs for this path
  • Options
    Wait a second, @Ya_Boi_28 , who are you planning on using for the Champion?
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wait a second, @Ya_Boi_28 , who are you planning on using for the Champion?

For the 100-10% Phase: 4/55 Shulk and 1/25 MS (Hopefully at 5-Souls).

Going to use 5/65 Colossus for final 10%
    Oh lol, good luck
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

@Etjama

Is pretty easy

Well thanks, I didn't know that. But just because Corvus and Ægon can counter it doesn't mean it's not a BS path. Emma with armor break immunity, KM with fearless and Rogue with limber would be fine until you combine it with Do You Bleed. Then it's just stupid. And I definitely wouldn't call it easy using Ægon and Corvus.
    It's quite easy actually
    Killmonger is a little annoying with his reverberation, but if you play carefully enough you can solo this fight as well

Every champ that inflicts critical hits through block, is the way to go for this path
    You don't think Kabam expected you to bring Bleed Champs for Do you bleed? That's like saying they don't want you to bring a Poison immune for Caustic Temper...
    If they had normal defenders like Iron Fist, we would use bleed champs

But because the defenders are a little difficult (immunity, purify, refuse the duration of the debbufs) you must think outside of the box

And do you know what 'Caustic Temper' is?
    You clearly don't by saying this

You can't compare 'Caustic Temper' with the 'Do You Bleed?'
    You must bring a poison immune champs for caustic temper or else the poison damage will kill you
    If you don't bring a bleed champ, into Do You Bleed, it won't kill you.

And what's going all with all those disagrees?
    Now you want to nerf the Do you bleed path, tomorrow you will want to nerf the grandmaster
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

@Etjama

Is pretty easy

It's quite easy actually

Kabam expects us to bring champs that can crit through block to a "Do You Bleed?" path? That doesn't make sense. And if that's the case, then you're screwed if you don't have Ægon or Corvus. That sounds like a BS path to me.
    I don't have corvus or aegon.

Really?
    Your total hero rating is 550K
    You have a loooooot of content to cover first
    In order to 100% 6.2 you must have a deep roster. This isn't the case for you
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

could a team of: doom, colossus, thing, omega and symb supreme at 5/65 take on 6.2.6 with scrub level skill?

Yes.