**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance war off season

Hello guys, I have a question concerning alliance war if someone could help.

During Off season how does participating in war affect the difficulty of opponents when the season starts? Matchmaking is based only on War Rating? If an alliance wins all wars in offseason they gaain alliance war rating. Does that mean that war opponents will be more difficult when the season starts?

In case it helps the question comes from an alliance in Tier 11, not a top one (Gold 3 last season). We are trying to figure out if we should be playiing offseason wars (to gain rewards maily loyalty) or not (avoiding difficult opponents in season).

Thanks for any reply!!!

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    If you win wars in the offseason, you will gain points. but It is less points than in-season wars. If I was the leader of an alliance, I would just do 1BG offseason wars, and if we're winning too much, then either don't participate or lose. But I don't think it has too much of an effect on your opponents during the season unless you win or lose all of the wars.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    jsjsjs13 said:

Hello guys, I have a question concerning alliance war if someone could help.

During Off season how does participating in war affect the difficulty of opponents when the season starts? Matchmaking is based only on War Rating? If an alliance wins all wars in offseason they gaain alliance war rating. Does that mean that war opponents will be more difficult when the season starts?

In case it helps the question comes from an alliance in Tier 11, not a top one (Gold 3 last season). We are trying to figure out if we should be playiing offseason wars (to gain rewards maily loyalty) or not (avoiding difficult opponents in season).

Thanks for any reply!!!

depending on your tier level it doesnt. If your tier is low enough, and I dont remember the threshold but should include you, you will move up and down in the ladder just like you were in an real war season, so if you win all your wars it will make your opponents harder. In the upper tiers this is frozen to prevent people from intentionally dropping their rating.

you can tell if yours is frozen by looking at your win/loss record and the individual match. IF there is an increase in your rating then yours is not frozen and you have to worry about that.