**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Need help deciding on team for first abyss run

CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 277
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hey so I'm getting ready to do my initial completion of abyss and I've done a decent amount of research but I'm having trouble finding a consensus for a substitute for human torch and awakened Nick fury, any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my current roster and I'll also throw in a picture of my rank up materials to show what I'm prepared to be able to easily rank up if needed

Comments

• CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 277

• WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Aegon / Void / Doctor Doom should do fine. Your only problem would be against Invisible Woman.
    Main counters I know are Archangel, Human Torch or Nick Fury. You can try to counter her with another heavy hitter who constantly inflicts debuffs (maybe Iceman), but she'll become invisible very frequently and you'll have be clever and not get wrecked when that happens.
    (Or even your unawekened Nick Fury should be a possible answer).
    WhatElse said:

Yeah IW is my main worry, what about stealthy. And do I need to r5 void or at least max out his sig , it's at like 85 right now
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    WhatElse said:

Aegon / Void / Doctor Doom should do fine. Your only problem would be against Invisible Woman.
    Main counters I know are Archangel, Human Torch or Nick Fury. You can try to counter her with another heavy hitter who constantly inflicts debuffs (maybe Iceman), but she'll become invisible very frequently and you'll have be clever and not get wrecked when that happens.

He's got Stealthy. Stealthy can't miss when the enemy is slowed right?
    And doesn't Aegon gain True accuracy at 300 hits?
    Chikel said:

WhatElse said:

He's got Stealthy. Stealthy can't miss when the enemy is slowed right?
    And doesn't Aegon gain True accuracy at 300 hits?
    I'm not sure slow effects abilities like invisible woman and by extension, dark hawk, maybe ghosts?

And I think you're thinking of the effect aegon gets at 150 hits
    Im not that well versed on Stealthy. How easy is it to keep the slow debuff on long fights? U have to avoid being stunned.
    Creeseaz said:

WhatElse said:

Yeah IW is my main worry, what about stealthy. And do I need to r5 void or at least max out his sig , it's at like 85 right now
    Are u willing to spend units on masteries? If you invest on resonate, Aegon can easily fight IW
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Ægon, Void (R5 him), SS (better for the easy path than Doom from what I've seen), Stealthy (he should counter IW no problem), and probably a synergy partner like Heimdall.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I'ma do you a favor though and @Lvernon15 and hope he comments on here. He'll definetely be able to help you. I don't have much experience, but do a lot of research. Haven't really heard anything about Stealthy against IW though even though he's theoretically a great option if I'm not mistaken?
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    Basicly for Invisible women u need to have a debuff on her to not get stunned. Now my theory is that void does do debuffs tho. So maybe if you play the long game with him. Like letting his Debuffs do the danage and only doing 1 hit just before "Face be coward" pops u might take her down in 2 - 3 revives? just a theory tho.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Aegon sym supreme havok heimdall and a dead nick fury for the attack, aegon works fine for iw, with or without resonate, havok works really well for mephisto, sym supreme is better than doom as your first run mystic, great for every cosmic, aegon and is solid for mordo
  • PCD1980PCD1980 Posts: 5
    Aegon is fine for IW. The power sting is minimal damage so you can just fire specials and take the damage.
    Thank you very much for your replies everybody I'll definitely take everything into consideration and think I have a general idea of what my ideal team will be, I guess two of the main questions that I have left are, would getting resonate make a decent amount of difference in making invisible woman easier for avon? And should I go with a dead Nick fury for the attack bonus or Heimdall? My gut says Heimdall cuz I've used his synergy to help complete a lot of content but I'm an abyss new so.. ya lol THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!
    Bump
  • Use Aegon, Symbiote Supreme, Void, Stealthy (For Invisible Woman).
    Thank you
    Bump
    Interesting, I wonder if resonate is worth it then if I'm gonna use aegon for iw