**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thing without the Champion synergy?

SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips
What's your guys' opinion on Thing? Having used him in my early account days when I grinded him for arena... he did quite a lot for me without the Champion synergy. I have an awakened 5* r1 sitting in my roster right now but I'm not sure if I want to commit to that full risky Champion, Heimdall, Angela, Hela team. (No Hela or Heimdall yet) In fact, to utilize the F4 synergy, wouldn't it be best to not bring Champion? Could the best team for him be the full F4 to make Reed Richards a beast and HT a lot more manageable, then bring along Dragon Man to make IW a lot more practical to use? Thing could then gain furies from parries that give him 10 rock stacks rather than specials to help with recoil and his low block proficiency wouldn't be an issue with the 10% weakness debuff and 20 rock stacks. Don't know if I'm just rambling nonsense but is the Champion synergy team worth it for the endgame content I have in mind?

Note: I'm in T2 War/Top 300 AQ/Act 6 Completed/Lol yet to explore/Abyss yet to beat
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Savage said:

What's your guys' opinion on Thing? Having used him in my early account days when I grinded him for arena... he did quite a lot for me without the Champion synergy. I have an awakened 5* r1 sitting in my roster right now but I'm not sure if I want to commit to that full risky Champion, Heimdall, Angela, Hela team. (No Hela or Heimdall yet) In fact, to utilize the F4 synergy, wouldn't it be best to not bring Champion? Could the best team for him be the full F4 to make Reed Richards a beast and HT a lot more manageable, then bring along Dragon Man to make IW a lot more practical to use? Thing could then gain furies from parries that give him 10 rock stacks rather than specials to help with recoil and his low block proficiency wouldn't be an issue with the 10% weakness debuff and 20 rock stacks. Don't know if I'm just rambling nonsense but is the Champion synergy team worth it for the endgame content I have in mind?

Note: I'm in T2 War/Top 300 AQ/Act 6 Completed/Lol yet to explore/Abyss yet to beat

Worth it 100%
    I use Thing, Champion, Angela, Hela, and a random champion as the last spot
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    I use thing without the synergy and he is still viable for a lot of content, like buffet immunity
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I use thing without the synergy and he is still viable for a lot of content, like buffet immunity

Yeah I just don't like the risky playstyle personally and I see a lot of good in him still such as immunity to pilfer and shock, biohazard counter, extremely tanky, unstoppable nullify and stagger, energy resistance, protection, etc
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

Savage said:

Worth it 100%
    I use Thing, Champion, Angela, Hela, and a random champion as the last spot
    Would you say it is worth learning how to play at a that low of a low health and killing the other 4 synergy members in order to get paths done? I don't have a 5* or 6* hela yet and I'm not getting her anytime soon because I'm saving for the next featured. I do have Champion though.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Cant be nullified staggered, armor break immune. Really tanky and easy to use, he's the second champion I rely on for an encounter i dont have a full counter for, the first being quake. Saved me revives on eq final bosses.
  • UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    He's got decent damage on the SP2 and SP3 even without the synergy, and he's really tanky too. He's immune to bleed, shock, armour break, and armour shatter, and he can't be staggered, nullified and fate-sealed. When awakened, he gets a protection passive whenever he's stunned or whenever the opponent's damage exceeds a certain percentage of their attack.

He's got so much utility, I'd say it's definitely worth it to rank him up.