**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parry bug again?

Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
In 5.3.6, skill path (power drain+spectre) in 3 fights (sunspot v dd, domino v elektra, domino v bw) parry triggered multiple times without stunning the opponent. I know it triggered because it said "parry" in big green letters on the left. If it was reduced def ability accuracy it would have prevented the parry trigger, not just the stun, and it wouldn't have affected the dd fight. I know at least one other person with this problem. Any idea what's going on there?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

In 5.3.6, skill path (power drain+spectre) in 3 fights (sunspot v dd, domino v elektra, domino v bw) parry triggered multiple times without stunning the opponent. I know it triggered because it said "parry" in big green letters on the left. If it was reduced def ability accuracy it would have prevented the parry trigger, not just the stun, and it wouldn't have affected the dd fight. I know at least one other person with this problem. Any idea what's going on there?

AA can prevent the stun portion and still show "parry". You still performed the well timed block.
    edited September 2020

Sorry, I meant to say that none of these fights were against AA. And it wouldn't pop up with the word parry if it happened with him.

"parry" pops for a welltimed block, even if the stun comment does not trigger. IF you well time block a stun immune champ you still get a parry

Here you can see it in a video of vulture vs domino, the second parry at 0:08 failed due to AAR So did the one at 0:13 But in both cases parry still showed on the screen.

"parry" is an indication you properly did the well timed block, not that you will get a stun off.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmaejTiTjHY

Thanks for the video. Not sure it applies here, if for nothing else the dd fight shouldnt have that interaction. I'm also not sure the stun counts as defensive ability, so much as the block does. Either way I'm moving to the relevant thread instead of this one.

the parry stun is a defensive ability, anything that triggers on attack by the opponent is defensive.

And the dd fight?

do you have a video showing it happening there? Because that seems like a bug if so. I tried to duplicate but it wont let me take that path (known bug)

I should probably add that it's not my first day in game, so I have a pretty good idea of what it should look like and how it should act. And I know for sure that these are weird interactions.

The problem not if you know something or not, we all make mistakes, the problem is you need to be able to prove that these interactions are happening, because they are not happening to the rest of us.

Heres his ss

Does not show anything, you cannot stun anything but his first light attack, so a medium hit will show parry but no stun, you have to learn to reparry.

So anyway, I made this post to see if anyone else is having the same problem. I have found at least one person who is, despite the spamming of the thread by someone not having this experience. Hopefully if it is a real problem it will get fixed. Or at least if someone can get kabam to remove the parry symbol from failed parry stuns, thatd be cool too.

oh no, you will have the forums in an uproar over removing the parry on a well-timed block, stun is not the only thing that triggers on well-timed block , so does reduced damage, and it is critical to know the timings.
  • Everything is working fine for me. How can this so called bug affect only you?

Everything is working fine for me. How can this so called bug affect only you?

Why so aggro? I didnt say it's a bug, I said it might be. And it's not only me, and the 6 people on this thread dont comprise the whole player base? I dont know what to tell you. I had a bunch of weird stuff so I posted it because there is no explanation directly presenting itself from my experience over the years.
    they problem is you have posted a lot of bad stuff in this thread, such as doom parrying but not stunning maw, when you cannot stun maw on his medium attack. You also claimed that parry would not show up on AAR fails, which is false. The only "wierd" thing listed was the dare devil fight, but there is no evidence of that actually happening, and no one else but udyedagain, who made claims but no supporting evidence, supported your statement.

I get skepticism, and I appreciate offering explanations outside of just saying it's a bug. But yall are too aggressive. I'm not trying to prove that it's a bug, I'm trying to see if others have the problem. It's the difference between a support ticket or a post in known issues, because I know what my game did.

this is a forum for proving bugs and known issues. If you want to see if others are having an "issue" than general may be better, but I dont understand the point of that.

The thing is if there is a bug most people want it fixed, but these forms see so many things that is not a bug reported as a bug when the player just does not understand the interaction.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Elektra reduces defensive ability accuracy when you have a debuff on you. So, when the spectre debuff is applied, it will reduce your defensive ability accuracy.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I just performed parry several times against the Masacre in Cavalier 3.1 EQ using OR and the word Parry appeared each time to no effect.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    MSRDLD said:

I just performed parry several times against the Masacre in Cavalier 3.1 EQ using OR and the word Parry appeared each time to no effect.

Reading abilities is helpful.