**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which 6★ to rank 3 Domino, Guillotine 2099, Apocalypse

2»

Comments

• PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    edited September 2020
    Personally have both g2099 and domino at R3 and both cover a lot of ground for anything in the game. G2099 definitely has more versatility and amazing damage output. But to say domino is unusable is inaccurate from personal use. I have everything explored.

Don’t have apocalypse higher then a 4 star so don’t have any experience to base it on
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    6★ Guillotine 2099
    Id go g2099 and then apoc over domino, if you like him.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    6★ Apocalypse
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Kill_Grey said:

Don't know much about apocalypse. But I don't particularly believe Domino is worth rank 3 in the current meta (outside of defense).

You are right. Even at r2 Domino is good enough.

Big numbers mean nothing to me with no utility to back it up. She just isn't usable in the hardest of content. And her damage is so RNG based. Those are the highlights.
    (Since you asked for it...)

I agree with (this bruh) over here. Utility is a very important factor in today's world, and is why champs like Quake, warlock, Claire, etc are rated very highly despite not having the greatest damage output.
    You mentioned Warlock without G99. 😢
    Lol, I mean... Guilly does have the damage, no?
    Didn't read that last part, but Warlock still has big damage. And remember you have to get through a very slow beginning fight with G99 in the first place.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    6★ Guillotine 2099
    Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Kill_Grey said:

Don't know much about apocalypse. But I don't particularly believe Domino is worth rank 3 in the current meta (outside of defense).

Yeah, big numbers mean nothing to me with no utility to back it up. She just isn't usable in the hardest of content. And even her damage is RNG based.
    A few things to consider:

1. Big numbers may not mean anything to you but it may for the OP.
    2. From the vote you can see I chose G2099. But if the OP wants to r3 Domino, more power to him.
    3. The claim that Domino has no utility is not true.
    4. The claim that she is not usable in the hardest of content is not true either. Someone with an r3 Domino and r3 G2099 already commented on it. As someone who has explored 100% everything in the game, I also know there are a lot of areas in endgame where Domino works very well.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Who is chonks???
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    6★ Guillotine 2099
    doctorb said:

Who is chonks???

hulkbuster
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    6★ Apocalypse
    Don't have Apo, but he's new and looks cool.
    Also can be became horseman himself and will he benefit from it?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

She's good, the 4th best tech champ in the game (War, Ghost, and chonks)

For a sec I thought you meant War Machine and was like woah there
    6★ Apocalypse
    arsjum said:

Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yeah, big numbers mean nothing to me with no utility to back it up. She just isn't usable in the hardest of content. And even her damage is RNG based.

2. From the vote you can see I chose G2099. But if the OP wants to r3 Domino, more power to him.
    4. The claim that she is not usable in the hardest of content is not true either. Someone with an r3 Domino and r3 G2099 already commented on it. As someone who has explored 100% everything in the game, I also know there are a lot of areas in endgame where Domino works very well.
    But does Domino have any utility? She just has AAR that isn't very good or reliable, bleed, an unreliable chance to shrug bleed off, and... what else? Sure, she's good for lane clearing on nodes that don't matter, but when you need to counter anything troublesome, I can't think of a single scenario where I would choose Domino over other champions. That's not R3 worthy imo. People get hyped up because of big numbers and think she's one of the best champs in the game. But even those huge numbers are RNG based. They rarely happen.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    6★ Guillotine 2099
    Gmonkey said:

Guillotine 2099 even at R2 kills stuff too fast even map 7 only day 4 and 5 can she get to sp3, at rank 3 you have to build the combo every time or take lots of parries to build power. Content wise she can be used in cavalier and limited in act 2 beta. Just warning you, she the best champ for sure problem is she is actually to over powered for current content. I could r3 mine for a nice prestige boost to over 12000 but not sure where I can use her.

Considering it's a rank 3 6* post, I assume he's got other champs that can do map 7 for him. As the prestige cap gets higher, I'm pretty sure Guilly is gonna come of use (or at least, reach SP 3s lol).
    Act 7 appears as if it's going to feature RoL level healthpools soon enough. Personally, I like ending fights quickly, which is why I enjoy Guilly, Ghost, stealthy, archangel, etc. For a rank 3 6* Guilly, I can envision those 500k healthpools ending in about 70 hits or so.
    Cavalier difficulty is something she'd be able to do for sure. I'm pretty sure Kabam designed it with overpowered champs like her in mind.

Her utility and sustainability are going to be very important as well. She goes from fight to fight getting more health than the former with her life steal. In fact, I don't think I need to go further into her abilities as I'm pretty sure the OP and you others here know what she's capable of.

So yeah, compared to the others over there, she's one not reliant on synergies, and doesn't require a long rampup apart from the first fight she's used. Once she's set, you're good to go.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

GagoH said:

I think the scale up from 5* to 6* matters a lot in particular for g99 both for attack rating and healthpool, not to mention the adrenaline.

I opened a 6* Nexus crystal that had g99 and Stealthy. I went with stealthy because I didn’t have him as a 5* but I had g99 as one. Boy do I regret it now

Why? Stealthy's a beast.
    I’m not that good at intercepting, parry more. Stealthys bp is lower than culls/low healthpool, if one was skillful at intercepting, then no doubt hes a beast.
  • DjjendjeenDjjendjeen Posts: 55
    edited September 2020
    6★ Domino
    I have both R3 Gully and Domino as well. They are both incredibly useful for a ton of content. And R3 Domino was one of my main workhorses for the Book 2 Chap 1 Beta, that's makes her rank up worthy enough in my eyes.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Kill_Grey said:

Big numbers mean nothing to me with no utility to back it up. She just isn't usable in the hardest of content. And her damage is so RNG based. Those are the highlights.

I agree with (this bruh) over here. Utility is a very important factor in today's world, and is why champs like Quake, warlock, Claire, etc are rated very highly despite not having the greatest damage output.
    Shes like a warlock, aegon hybrid. Not as good utility as warlock, and not as practical damage /buildup as Aegon, but more damage than warlock and more utility than Aegon
    6★ Apocalypse
    GagoH said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Kill_Grey said:

Shes like a warlock, aegon hybrid. Not as good utility as warlock, and not as practical damage /buildup as Aegon, but more damage than warlock and more utility than Aegon
    More utility than Ægon? The dude that goes unstoppable, unblockable, has 100% AAR, true strike, and full debuff shrug-off? I don't think so.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    6★ Apocalypse
    I choose apocalypse because it’s apocalypse but you can go either 1 of those 3 and neither is the wrong answer
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    6★ Apocalypse
    They are all very useful
    6★ Guillotine 2099
    Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Kill_Grey said:

But does Domino have any utility? She just has AAR that isn't very good or reliable, bleed, an unreliable chance to shrug bleed off, and... what else? Sure, she's good for lane clearing on nodes that don't matter, but when you need to counter anything troublesome, I can't think of a single scenario where I would choose Domino over other champions. That's not R3 worthy imo. People get hyped up because of big numbers and think she's one of the best champs in the game. But even those huge numbers are RNG based. They rarely happen.
    I'm sure there are people who get hyped up because of yellow numbers only but there are those of us who value her because she has served us well in all kinds of content. I used her a ton in Act 6 exploration before the nerf and I know others who have. So, I find it a little ridiculous when someone who has just done first clearance of nerfed Act 6 tell me what is usable or unusable in "hardest content of the game."

Bug yellow numbers with Domino are not RNG based. Huge numbers are. Domino has a good balance of utility and damage output. Which is good. Had she entered the game with more utility in her toolkit in 2018, she would have definitely been overpowered. It's a good thing they didn't add more to her toolkit.

You are already backpedaling from your initial exaggerated claim that she has no utility. But I'll list some more:

--Ability to deal two types of DOT is utility because it helps you bypass certain nodes.
    --Ability to shrug off bleed in combination with AAR is utility.
    --Ability to deal big yellow and red numbers without any buildup is utility (requires synergy for red numbers).
    --Ability to inflict extended debuff duration with Masacre synergy is utility because it's not just more damage but also helps bypass nodes such as limber.
    --Ability to make non-contact hits is utility. Useful against opponents like Electro.
    --increased power gain from perfect block and shrugging off bleed is utility.

Also, some of the champions in the game have such high damage output that it should never be ignored because in some scenarios it can also be considered utility as it helps you bypass certain nodes.
    6★ Apocalypse
    arsjum said:

Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Kill_Grey said:

I'm sure there are people who get hyped up because of yellow numbers only but there are those of us who value her because she has served us well in all kinds of content. I used her a ton in Act 6 exploration before the nerf and I know others who have. So, I find it a little ridiculous when someone who has just done first clearance of nerfed Act 6 tell me what is usable or unusable in "hardest content of the game."

Bug yellow numbers with Domino are not RNG based. Huge numbers are. Domino has a good balance of utility and damage output. Which is good. Had she entered the game with more utility in her toolkit in 2018, she would have definitely been overpowered. It's a good thing they didn't add more to her toolkit.

You are already backpedaling from your initial exaggerated claim that she has no utility. But I'll list some more:

--Ability to deal two types of DOT is utility because it helps you bypass certain nodes.
    --Ability to deal big yellow and red numbers without any buildup is utility (requires synergy for red numbers).
    --Ability to inflict extended debuff duration with Masacre synergy is utility because it's not just more damage but also helps bypass nodes such as limber.
    --Ability to make non-contact hits is utility. Useful against opponents like Electro.

Also, some of the champions in the game have such high damage output that it should never be ignored because in some scenarios it can also be considered utility as it helps you bypass certain nodes.
    All of those are so minor.

--You're not going to use her for nodes that require bleed because her bleed is so unreliable. The incinerate requires Rhulk and there are so many better incinerate options that don't require a synergy partner.
    --You're not going to use someone with only a 50% chance to shrug off bleed for a bleed node.
    --Her AAR is unreliable and rarely potent. When you need AAR, you're not using Domino.
    --There are so many champs that deal just as much and more damage without it being super RNG based.
    --That's fair, but a synergy is required and Massacre isn't going to come in too much handy for hard content and there are still better options.
    --Really? You're going to use her against Electro because 2 of the 6 hits in her basic combo are non-contact? That's not enough to make her viable for stuff that required non-contact hits.
    --Not really, a bleed is going to hurt you 50% of the time so you don't want to be in that situation. And the perfect block power gain barely ever happens and barely gives you any power.

Also, don't be sensitive and make this personal. There are players who've 100% all content by uniting through it and they know nothing about the game while someone who's never played can do research and be an expert. Don't act like you know all and I know nothing just because you've done more content. I know so many Endgame players that share my opinion, you just don't happen to and that's fine. And so what if I exaggerated a little bit? Don't act like you don't know what I mean.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    6★ Guillotine 2099
    Mcdonalds said:

Kill_Grey said:

Mcdonalds said:

Idk, I'd put her at the no. 2 spot just behind Ghost.
    No, Chooooooooooooooooooooooooonks, then Ghost then her
    Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks
    Thank you for attending my Ted Talk
    Not funny. Ghost, Warlock, and Guillotine 2099 are all unbelievably clear of Hulkbuster and it's not even close.

#CancelChonks
    6★ Guillotine 2099
    Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Etjama said:

arsjum said:

Kill_Grey said:

All of those are so minor.

--You're not going to use her for nodes that require bleed because her bleed is so unreliable. The incinerate requires Rhulk and there are so many better incinerate options that don't require a synergy partner.
    --You're not going to use someone with only a 50% chance to shrug off bleed for a bleed node.
    --Her AAR is unreliable and rarely potent. When you need AAR, you're not using Domino.
    --There are so many champs that deal just as much and more damage without it being super RNG based.
    --That's fair, but a synergy is required and Massacre isn't going to come in too much handy for hard content and there are still better options.
    --Really? You're going to use her against Electro because 2 of the 6 hits in her basic combo are non-contact? That's not enough to make her viable for stuff that required non-contact hits.
    --Not really, a bleed is going to hurt you 50% of the time so you don't want to be in that situation. And the perfect block power gain barely ever happens and barely gives you any power.

Also, don't be sensitive and make this personal. There are players who've 100% all content by uniting through it and they know nothing about the game while someone who's never played can do research and be an expert. Don't act like you know all and I know nothing just because you've done more content. I know so many Endgame players that share my opinion, you just don't happen to and that's fine. And so what if I exaggerated a little bit? Don't act like you don't know what I mean.
    Nothing personal about it, buddy. Just laying out facts the way I see them. You have a fair point about some endgame players not being good at the game. I am not trying to belittle your progress or make any assumptions about your skills or knowledge. The reason I bring up my progression level is because this is not the first time I am hearing from someone who is way behind me in the game telling me that Domino is not useful in endgame content. But my personal experience proves that claim is simply not true. You have two people besides me in this discussion thread alone who are telling you the same.

I don't know how you evaluate the usability of a champion for hardest content in the game but the way I do it is to choose champions who work well in a variety of situations. No, I am not going to bring Domino to:
    --only inflict bleed
    --only shrug off bleed 50% of the time
    --only inflict incinerate
    --only have extended buff duration
    ..... you get the idea.

If I decide to bring her in my team, I do so because of the sum of her utility and damage. If we talking about something like Act 6, you can't bring the best counter to Electro or the best bleeder or the best incinerator and call it a day. What is the use of bringing OG Black Widow to deal with Electro when she sucks for the rest of the path? I'd rather bring Domino who has some way of mitigating his damage and also has other utility and damage against other opponents. A champion's versatility is important.

Taken individually, Domino's utility kit may seem minor when in its totality it is not. For example, there are situations when both the ability to have extended parry AND dealing DOT come in handy. Or a path when it's useful to have the ability to bleed AND incinerate.

I also disagree with you about Masacre. He is a great champion with unique playstyle and utility. I know some people see the need to bring synergy as a disadvantage but it is not in this case. Domino, RHulk, and Masacre complement each other well. The same way I don't see the need to bring Proxima with Corvus for true strike as a disadvantage because Proxima is not a dead weight. Nor is Masacre.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    6★ Guillotine 2099
    Mcdonalds said:

Mcdonalds said:

Kill_Grey said:

Mcdonalds said:

Idk, I'd put her at the no. 2 spot just behind Ghost.
    No, Chooooooooooooooooooooooooonks, then Ghost then her
    Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks Chonks
    Thank you for attending my Ted Talk
    Not funny. Ghost, Warlock, and Guillotine 2099 are all unbelievably clear of Hulkbuster and it's not even close.

#CancelChonks
    #CancelCable
    Hulkbuster is the living being embodiment of greatness, handed down to Earth by God as he wanted to bless all Humans with the greatest gift he could give, Hulkbuster
    Chonks
    Ha

Ha

Ha