**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on Punisher 2099 Buff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsgp6Wqxgc

What do you guys think of his buff? Seems pretty good to me as long as the numbers are high enough.
Rank 2 worthy as a 6 star???

Comments

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    its just an tune up so if from 1 to 10 with 1 being the worst he was a 2 now he's a 3, better than a 2 but overall nothing to be hype about.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    I am hoping Cosmic GR is OP. Than I wont care to much about anything they do with P2099
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★
    Wanna bet pun2099 will be mvp for next month quest lol
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I guess if he can activate heal block against passives regeneration (mr sinester, green goblin) he will be more useful. Maybe if Kabam upgrade this he will be more desirable because he has good hability.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    ILLUSION8 said:

I think this will make him around the level of Luke cage and gamora really good but not ground breaking

thats a good level. not every champ need to be gamebreaking and this seems like it will make him usuable in most content and a go to in some (specific utility) content. im quite happy with the update
    I'm hoping his battery charge rate is increased significantly
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Looks solid, I'll be taking him up to 6r2 now for sure.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Obviously need to play test to find out but he kind of feels like a jack of all trades, master of none.

But I already have him at R4 so any improvement works for me.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    He looks better (which I'm happy about, as just pulled him as a 6* yesterday!).

He looks particularly better from an offensive:burst perspective - his base Attack will rise, his battery charges significantly faster, and his damage increase during overdrive is much better (since it doesn't diminish as you run out of battery).

I don't see myself taking him to R2 over IMIW or Warlock, but on the other hand if he's one of your first 5*/6* pulls, at least he's now someone who is useable rather than someone to cry into your beer over.

One thing before he goes live though, Kabam: please boost up this synergy with Thor!

You've changed the others, and this synergy is just awful for Thor - Thor's Fury gives him a 35% Attack boost, so this synergy gives him an additional 3.5% attack for a small proportion of the match when he's got a Fury up: that's terrible for a unique synergy! Other unique synergies grant people +15% Attack, or Unblockable Specials, go Unstoppable, even Raise you from the dead!... At least make this synergy worth the time it takes to read!
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Dang.... I came here looking for @KDSuperFlash10 to tell us how bad it is without seeing it first.

Do you have a problem with me? Why are you always so hateful towards me? I hadn't even commented on this thread and you have to invoke me into it. Just assuming things all the time man, just stop. I love this Punisher 2099 buff and he's going to be my first ever r2 and I want to even r3 him in the future, maybe my first r3 6 star. He's so cool and I think the Kabam devs nailed this buff head on. Read my comment above to see what I liked about it.
    I'll have to play around with him at 6r2 first, but I'm seriously considering taking mine up to 6r3, especially since I just pulled a 6 star Red Skull yesterday.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Dang.... I came here looking for @KDSuperFlash10 to tell us how bad it is without seeing it first.

Do you have a problem with me? Why are you always so hateful towards me? I hadn't even commented on this thread and you have to invoke me into it. Just assuming things all the time man, just stop. I love this Punisher 2099 buff and he's going to be my first ever r2 and I want to even r3 him in the future, maybe my first r3 6 star. He's so cool and I think the Kabam devs nailed this buff head on. Read my comment above to see what I liked about it.
    I'll have to play around with him at 6r2 first, but I'm seriously considering taking mine up to 6r3, especially since I just pulled a 6 star Red Skull yesterday.
    That's awesome man. I wish I had a tech t5cc because I would seriously considering taking him up to 6r3. He has such an epic kit now. I need myself a 5 or 6 star Red Skull to bring that synergy into Act 6 content so I'll be opening up Cosmic/Tech crystals for Ghost (and Red Skull now).

He seems like he's gonna be a very versatile champion now with a lot of damage and utility. Also, when I'm not going to be using him on attack, I'm sure he's gonna be one hell of a defender with that block damage from the specials.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    with this buff, i just wonder if he would become a tougher AW defender? got a 6 star p2099 over here lol

I think he looks AWESOME....the Red Skull synergy increases debuff duration by 60%, meaning all of his debuffs (armor break, heal block, power lock, disintegration) are gonna get a HUGE boost! His armor break debuff with this synergy will be a WHOPPING 48 second armor break!

...During overdrive mode, the opponents gain 90% less power... That is a 50 second overdrive mode considering you don't throw any sp2s or sp3s. If you throw sp1s, that 50 second duration can even be increased. You know what that means? A 50+ second 90% power lock. That is absolutely mindblowinginly (don't even know if that's a word lol) epic.

...I can't wait to r2 him and have fun with him in Act 6 content!

He does sound good, and I hope you have a lot of fun with him. Make sure to try him out though - he may not be quite all you hope.

That red skull synergy sounds good; but I'd expect it to be additive rather than multiplicative. So armour break 15 seconds, plus 15 seconds from battery, plus 9 seconds from RS. That's 39 seconds - still good, though.

Also his Power Control is all one-way - he'll reduce the power your opponent gets from being hit, but not if your opponent hits you, or has a Power Gain effect. It'll also mollify Energise nodes but won't let him go nuts: If the opponent has +100% Combat power gain, P2099 will reduce that to 'just' +10%.

I'm looking forward to trying him out to see how it all adds up, too.
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    My 5 star sitting at rank1.Now, I am hoping to rank him up.Can't say much as I am not much aware about his mechanic.
    The more I look at the P2099 "Tune Up", the more excited I am to see what happens with what should be more-involved "Updates" for Falcon and Gambit...
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Seems pretty good, just have to wait and see on his damage.