**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

3* champs

With the current game setup what is the purpose of 3* champs? 2* have that cool arena once a year, 4* are still helpful as are 5* and 6*......where do 3 * actually come in besides being irritating rewards for cav crystal bad luck

Comments

• NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
    I guess other than variant 4? Any other use?
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Progressing players.
  • Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147

Progressing players.

You can actually get 4 and 5 stars so fast now 3*s are barely even useful for progression. I started an acc like a month ago, got a free 3* almost straight away and a 4* by mid act 2 (think it was from that 2* arena). I never ranked a 3* at all because I just didn't need to, it would've been a waste of gold and iso. I did max a 3* doom when i pulled him a little later on bc it's doom, but that was the only exception (I'd have done quake too if I could get hold of her). Granted, I had prior experience, but I'm pretty sure anybody starting around this time doesn't stick with 3*s for very long at all.
  • Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    Mcdonalds said:

Lobster44 said:

Progressing players.

You can actually get 4 and 5 stars so fast now 3*s are barely even useful for progression. I started an acc like a month ago, got a free 3* almost straight away and a 4* by mid act 2 (think it was from that 2* arena). I never ranked a 3* at all because I just didn't need to, it would've been a waste of gold and iso. I did max a 3* doom when i pulled him a little later on bc it's doom, but that was the only exception (I'd have done quake too if I could get hold of her). Granted, I had prior experience, but I'm pretty sure anybody starting around this time doesn't stick with 3*s for very long at all.
    Around this time, We have good rewards, but many people, including Seatin when he made a ftp, literally beat Maestro before obtaining a 4*.
    Also for beginners, 3*s are gonna be helpful for grinding out basic champs in the beginner bracket arena
    Do these people just... not do side quests? There's currently a quest that takes 0 energy that can get like 2 4*s in 3 days on a realatively easy difficulty level. On top of that, there was a boss rush not long ago that handed out 5, a 2* arena that got 1, the SA calendar (although the 4* took a while on that tbf). If people are finishing act 4 and don't have 4*s it's because they didn't need to obtain a 4*, probably becuase they are experienced players. I personally obtained 2 5*s on my side account before beating maestro, not because I needed them but because they took so little effort to get, and I didn't want to invest in 3*s that are going to be less useful later on. If I was giving advice to a new player, it definitely would not be "invest in 3*s", and would be closer to "hoard your iso and gold for when you pull 4*s".
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,794 ★★★★★
    Synergies for when you haven't got a 4* or higher?
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Right now I'm sad I don't have a 3* Namor.
    I have the 4* and 5*, sig 20 and undupe, 5* mutant AG but no sigs
    I'm stuck at a stupid Korg in V3.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Lobster44 said:

Progressing players.

Around this time, We have good rewards, but many people, including Seatin when he made a ftp, literally beat Maestro before obtaining a 4*.
    Also for beginners, 3*s are gonna be helpful for grinding out basic champs in the beginner bracket arena
    Maestro was easy tbh, beat him using a Sentry 4 star rank 2 (or 3) and a Loki 4 star rank 3. I hope there aren’t any 3 stars in the thornbreaker crystals (although it think their shouldn’t be any in the CAV crystals as you can’t even use 4 stars let alone 3 stars in act 6)