**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Emma frost... lets talk about it

NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
The frosted queen, lets get into it.

in this forum i will be discussing Emma's utility, damage, unique abilities and where they are applicable in content.

So first, lets get it started with her telepath form, insanely overlooked abilities in here.

Prowess's will start at 5 most of the time when you switch into telepath form, granting an automatic +1200 crit rate, and +200 crit damage rate, allowing for some pretty nasty damage, this crit rate works very well with emmas ability to gain prowess on each crit and refresh all active prowess, you can make use of this by either launching a massive 70k l2, where both hits are incredibly likely to crit, or continue on and stay at 3 bars of power, letting you get consistently 3-4 crits a combo with a pretty decent crit damage bonus on top of that

She is also granted an evade counter, where evades cannot happen on any hits in telepath, and is one of the most easily accessable evade counters in the game, pairing this with her immunity to stun and fatigue in diamond form, she becomes one of the most versatile counters to Spry/gassed node combinations which appear in some very difficult lanes, including a 6.4 lane with spry, gassed and mix master, basically forcing you to either have a perfect evade counter or to be immune to fatigue, both of which she does and mesmerize nodes, which force you to either be stun immune, or counter evade, again she does both.

Now, lets move onto her diamond form

with colossus synergy you can be in diamond form for the whole fight, provided you arent playing to purposefully go to telepath form ofcourse.

in diamond form, emma quickly becomes one of the tankiest champs in the game, taking her armor rating from 400, to 2200
giving her a 10% perfect block
taking her physical rest to 1800
increasing her block proficiency by 400
and even providing a crit resistance, this allows you to tank MULTIPLE combos, in high level content, making it incredibly hard to lose fights, and grants sustainibility that is almost unmatched.

additionally, she gives basically no power from heavies to the opponent, allowing her with colossus synergy to heavy chain insane amounts of heavies in the corner on nodes like power struggle (6.1.5 global), or anywhere where your power is being drained. providing what is my personal favorite cheese in the game.

now, to the main point with emma, her immunities, and oh man, theres a lot

emma frost is immune to;
-bleed; granting her the ability to deal with biohazard, caltrops, chitinous thorns, bleed 60/30, morningstar, and so many other nodes where bleed comes into play, also makes her very suicide friendly
-poison; granting her the ability to deal with hazard shift in AW when combined with her other incinerate immunity, poison 60/30, and yes making her even more suicide friendly, also she will not be poisoned by apoc's L1 ofcourse
-incinerate; hazard shift as previously mentioned, incinerate 30/60; energy adoption fire
-coldsnap; iceman counter
-frostbite; pretty irrelevant immunity tbh
-shock; shock 30/60, energy adoption shock
-stun; enroaching stun, sasquatch l1, mesmerize
-fatigue; gassed, void
-concussion; pretty irrelevant again
-exhaustion; yep again pretty irrelevant
-reverse controls (with mysterio synergy); delirium, specal chaos inversion

now, onto her synergies (relevant ones only)

colossus; granting her the ability to be immune to debuffs with 100% uptime, and granting colossus extra power gain, and ofcourse is with a pretty good champ so hes not bad to be on the team anyways

Mysterio; reverse controls immunities

prof x; allowing her crit rate to go even higher, making the rampup process even quicker.

phoenix; passive prowess rate increasing is doubled allowing her already reasonable rampup to be yes even FASTER

well thats my right up on emma frost; some insane utility that is actually applicable in relevant content, and a good general lane clearer with both sustainibility and good damage.

not as in depth as my archangel right up, i know, but i dont have 5 hours to spare today, and where as archangel is really just one ability in the neuros that people just dont seem to know where its applicable, emmas utility is much easier to see where its gonna work, i hope you rank your emmas!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Agreed amazing champion my main problem with her is you cant have good damage and immunities in the same form, she is an amazing champion and I would r3 her as a 6*
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★

Agreed amazing champion my main problem with her is you cant have good damage and immunities in the same form, she is an amazing champion and I would r3 her as a 6*

i would disagree with ya here, you can still get off some nasty L2s with only 5 prowess in the diamond form
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Very nice and thoughtful writeup OP. I feel that people sleep on Emma Frost these days because the mutant class is so stacked but she is one hell of a champion. I don’t think I’ve ever gone a combo without critting with her as her crit rate is so high. She also has some really handy immunities.

I don’t think she’s at the absolute top of the mutant class but she defo is an amazing champion.
    Mcdonalds said:

I would rank my Emma up for sure!

If I had one rip

I’ve heard she’s a really good champ, and she seems really good for the CB fight in 6.1.5
    yes she is, when i was exploring i came close to soloing CB with her, but i face blocked an l2 at the end :/, strat is to use colossus synergy, spam holding block so he doesnt throw specials, reparry to get to 5 prowess and pop those l2s, it is quite hard if you cant dex his l2 though
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Already have mine at R5, easily one of the most underrated champs in the game. I would place her as 5th best mutant personally
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited October 2020

yeah this is what i was thinking, with my luck i will probably play good while im in diamond form but do bad when i switch to my most vulnerable form.
    nice job though. thumbs up emoji
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

i would disagree with ya here, you can still get off some nasty L2s with only 5 prowess in the diamond form
    But she switches to Telepath form during special attacks.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

arsjum said:

She's 4/55 worthy. Not 5/65. With dupe, she might be worth 5/65 if you don't have better war defenders.

As someone with 5/65 Emma (and 7 other mutants at 5/65), I respectfully disagree.
    Fine. I’ll give you that. Once you have 7 mutants at 5/65, you can take her to 5/65.
    She was my 4th. Never regretted. The OP has a strong point.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    She is a really great champ
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    She has decent damage and utility.Really, great champ.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I took her straight to r2 6* when I pulled her. Agree with OP 100%. She’s always a great option for attack. Used her a lot in war with 200% boosts, L2 to L3 and it’s over. Just get that prowess built up and her specials smack, while her diamond form utility is one of the bests.
  • hefy2000hefy2000 Posts: 87 ★★
    She’s my only 6* r2. Her tankiness is really valuable for a not-so-great player like me. As cyclops can attest, Emma can take a lot of punishment.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Nice one. Good write up.

Had a chuckle at this mild understatement.

colossus; granting her the ability to be immune to debuffs with 100% uptime, and granting colossus extra power gain, and ofcourse is with a pretty good champ so hes not bad to be on the team anyways
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I disagree that she is good for biohazard. Why? You stay in diamond form by throwing specials right? Now tell me, in the relatively long special animations, what form is she in? Yup: telepath. For any fight of respectable length, she won’t be able to suffice.

I disagree that she is good for biohazard. Why? You stay in diamond form by throwing specials right? Now tell me, in the relatively long special animations, what form is she in? Yup: telepath. For any fight of respectable length, she won’t be able to suffice.

i mean, she can solo 6.1.5 CB reliably, which is probably the longest biohazard fight in the game, so she works for it

i mean, she can solo 6.1.5 CB reliably, which is probably the longest biohazard fight in the game, so she works for it
    I must just suck then cause I tried it way back when to no avail 😅

So now I’m interested. How DO you get around the multiple ticks of bleed you get while the special animations are running?

So now I’m interested. How DO you get around the multiple ticks of bleed you get while the special animations are running?
    just dont throw the l1, l2 animation is much faster

just dont throw the l1, l2 animation is much faster
    Oh so I guess with all her resistance she can tank a blocked L2 from CB. Makes sense.