**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best mutant poll

Comments

• Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    They are all good mutant champions but become better with the two new mutant champions, namely Prof X and Apocalypse.. so sooner than later there will be more summoners with them in their roster.

If it’s limited to the four champions
    Colossus
    Magneto og (red) - insane damage when stacked prowess, Magneto (House of X) is good but crit is more rng dependent.
    Omega Red
    AA
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2020
    Omega red
    AGYAAT said:

Kerneas said:

1) Collossus - immunities, versatile in a way
    2) Mags - difficult to master, a lot better against metals (so 1/3 of champs)
    3) Omega - relies on suicides too heavily
    4) AA - much less useful against bleed or poison immune

But then again:
    1) OR w suicides
    2) AA against non immune
    3) Mags against Metals
    4) Collossus

I ran OR with no suicides in Cavalier EQ 3.1 and him alone got all the way to Magik boss with 100% health.

At the end of every fight, he would regen back to 100% health.

Here is the electro, mole-man,ca etc fight. Just get to 30 spores and push the opponent to their sp3 and throw your sp3 and see the power drain and regen happen.

https://youtu.be/-N4cAhw6Qrg
    https://youtu.be/ylxbKUpuun0
    https://youtu.be/8gh-yyR2EuA
    Why don't you share some 3.2 or 2.2 chapter's video, everyone knows that dupped/high sig Omega is one of the best option for biohazard/caltrops path
    @AGYAAT Here you go. Can do afew more when I'm free if you like.

Without sucides and still took around 2min for the fight. I think he did ok and is one of the few that can also do biohazard.

https://youtu.be/uo2PDwTpCcE
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Collosus

Kerneas said:

But then again:
    1) OR w suicides
    2) AA against non immune
    3) Mags against Metals
    4) Collossus

I ran OR with no suicides in Cavalier EQ 3.1 and him alone got all the way to Magik boss with 100% health.

Here is the electro, mole-man,ca etc fight. Just get to 30 spores and push the opponent to their sp3 and throw your sp3 and see the power drain and regen happen.

First off, those are really nice fights, well played.

Now I got couple things to say/ask:
    1) how come you take no bleed damage? Is it bcs of some mastery or is it Cav EQ 3.1 global? I havent played cav eq, sorry
    2) those are pretty specific fights. I suppose you are going against Biohazard, which almost triples the degen damage (no death field = 800-900 degen/tick, with death field = 2,5k degen/tick). Do you use OR outside Biohazard? Becuse you know, Biohazard is common, but not omnipresent

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2020
    Omega red
    I use 4 star OR without suicides all the time in eq and act 5 exploration and potion farming in Rol.
    He is still a beast and is definitely the top mutant for me.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Omega red
    gsil6374 said:

Where is the mutant who can get you through Labyrinth fairly easy, make a lot of abilities just fail and still gives some alliances a hard time in AW?

She’s not even close to the top
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Omega red
    Lvernon15 said:

gsil6374 said:

Where is the mutant who can get you through Labyrinth fairly easy, make a lot of abilities just fail and still gives some alliances a hard time in AW?

She is close to the top but not top5
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2020
    Omega red
    OR>>Colossus>>Magneto>>Archangel>>Sunspot>>Namor>>X-23>>Domino
    For me
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Omega red
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

But then again:
    1) OR w suicides
    2) AA against non immune
    3) Mags against Metals
    4) Collossus

First off, those are really nice fights, well played.

Now I got couple things to say/ask:
    1) how come you take no bleed damage? Is it bcs of some mastery or is it Cav EQ 3.1 global? I havent played cav eq, sorry
    2) those are pretty specific fights. I suppose you are going against Biohazard, which almost triples the degen damage (no death field = 800-900 degen/tick, with death field = 2,5k degen/tick). Do you use OR outside Biohazard? Becuse you know, Biohazard is common, but not omnipresent

1) I do have 3 on recovery and 3 on will power and that is all.

2) i do use him outside of biohazard and often is with suicides. I just wanted to show for people that are thinking how he is without suicides, his no weak duck.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Omega red

Lvernon15 said:

gsil6374 said:

If she’s not top 5 she’s not close to the top imo
  • Options
    Omega red
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

gsil6374 said:

If she’s not top 5 she’s not close to the top imo
    You got me in a box here.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Magneto red
    Magneto for me, I like the fact he deals with so many of the troublesome defenders. You basically don't need a robot counter when you have magneto and he also does well against hero champs. He can deal with hero evade /auto block champs(if there is no limber or immune to stun) i.e you just need Parry heavy. Lastly he is can deal with buffed up path very comfortably.
  • Options
    DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2020
    So Omega red is king of the mutant classπŸ‘‘?
  • Options
    Omega red

So Omega red is king of the mutant classπŸ‘‘?

At max potential, he is.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Collosus
    Colossus is probably second in polling to Omega Red because 'Collosus' is a much worse name (small spelling there).

Jokes aside, I voted for Colossus.

Both OR and Colossus have high damage and high utility. Both can work for a wide range of content, and seem to find more and more uses as Kabam releases new node combinations. OR has more sustainability (healing and power drain ability) but Colossus is so tanky he can survive a long time even without being able to heal himself.

There can be long drawn out arguments where everyone is correct why one is better than the other based on each ability on its own or in combination.
    For me, it comes down to personal preference, rather than character abilities.

What puts Colossus over the top for me though is playstyle and synergies.
    1. Playstyle: I don't use suicides, so for OR I hate having to play super close and aggressive against the AI all the time. Sure, the heavy pauses the spores, but that just gives you a countdown timer where you are forced to play that certain style. With Colossus, I am not forced into a single playstyle, and definitely don't have to play on a timer. You can do Parry-Heavy, you can do 5-hit combos and spam SP1, you can spam SP2 over and over, etc.You can play aggressive, you can play slow. There is a lot of flexibility with Colossus, so he is more fun for me.
    2. Synergies: I like using different champions. There are 5 slots for champions for most content. Why play as only one champion? Variety is more fun, as it can get boring seeing the same animations, same specials over and over. If you look at Auntm.ai and take a look at the synergy list for both Omega Red and for Colossus, OR has 7 synergies (with 11 champions), while Colossus has more synergies and champions than I want to count. Many of those same champions are on Colossus' synergy list, and he has many more on top of that. So not only is Colossus great himself, he benefits many other champions who are fun to play with as well.

Really, this game is meant to be fun. Everyone's definition for that is different, but for me, with both Colossus and OR being great champions, I find Colossus more fun and thus the best.
  • Options
    DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    altavista said:

Colossus is probably second in polling to Omega Red because 'Collosus' is a much worse name (small spelling there).

Both OR and Colossus have high damage and high utility. Both can work for a wide range of content, and seem to find more and more uses as Kabam releases new node combinations. OR has more sustainability (healing and power drain ability) but Colossus is so tanky he can survive a long time even without being able to heal himself.

There can be long drawn out arguments where everyone is correct why one is better than the other based on each ability on its own or in combination.

1. Playstyle: I don't use suicides, so for OR I hate having to play super close and aggressive against the AI all the time. Sure, the heavy pauses the spores, but that just gives you a countdown timer where you are forced to play that certain style. With Colossus, I am not forced into a single playstyle, and definitely don't have to play on a timer. You can do Parry-Heavy, you can do 5-hit combos and spam SP1, you can spam SP2 over and over, etc.You can play aggressive, you can play slow. There is a lot of flexibility with Colossus, so he is more fun for me.
    2. Synergies: I like using different champions. There are 5 slots for champions for most content. Why play as only one champion? Variety is more fun, as it can get boring seeing the same animations, same specials over and over. If you look at Auntm.ai and take a look at the synergy list for both Omega Red and for Colossus, OR has 7 synergies (with 11 champions), while Colossus has more synergies and champions than I want to count. Many of those same champions are on Colossus' synergy list, and he has many more on top of that. So not only is Colossus great himself, he benefits many other champions who are fun to play with as well.

Really, this game is meant to be fun. Everyone's definition for that is different, but for me, with both Colossus and OR being great champions, I find Colossus more fun and thus the best.

Only downside to Collosus is that you have to rely on synergies even if he is capable of doing the entire quest content by himself
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    altavista said:

You make an interesting point, regarding the aggressive play style required for Omega Red, I too prefer Colossus.

I have the same issue with Human Torch, who I find too frantic to fully enjoy playing - Void suits my play style better.
  • Options
    Omega red
    AGYAAT said:

Kerneas said:

But then again:
    1) OR w suicides
    2) AA against non immune
    3) Mags against Metals
    4) Collossus

Why don't you share some 3.2 or 2.2 chapter's video, everyone knows that dupped/high sig Omega is one of the best option for biohazard/caltrops path
    Ok but anything in particular that you want to see?

Some Cavalier 3.2 fights.

https://youtu.be/VP6l4H5ZuvI
    https://youtu.be/C8PpzUg8Hwk
  • Options
    Ze1o_ッZe1o_ッ Posts: 34 β˜…
    Omega red
    i was looking for my babes domino but i'd say omega or mags red
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Omega red
    I’ve got colossus as a 5* and 6* and still don’t get the hype. He’s good, especially his immunities, but I just don’t get the hype.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    OR can be very hard to play if the AI just doesn’t play into you, theres been so many times where while I had the heavy applied , they wouldn’t throw their special until after it expired and I lost all my spores. Same with if they like to turtle up constantly by dexing back and blocking a lot
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Magneto red
    If you didn't vote Magneto Red - you made a mistake. Best mutant - actually best champ of the year. Try incursions, pick buff cornucopia. Go solo Ironman and mysterio bosses in 6.3. The things he can do are amazing
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Magneto red
    X_Scott said:

If you didn't vote Magneto Red - you made a mistake. Best mutant - actually best champ of the year. Try incursions, pick buff cornucopia. Go solo Ironman and mysterio bosses in 6.3. The things he can do are amazing

If you didn't vote Omega Red - you made a mistake. Best Mutant - actually top 4 champ in the game. Try bringing him into War or Act 6. Go solo everything cause his damage is insane and he barely ever has to touch the opponent. When he does, he ignores any consequences with tentacle hits.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2020
    Archangel
    A lot of y'all are seriously sleeping on archangel πŸ˜†
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Magneto red
    Etjama said:

X_Scott said:

If you didn't vote Omega Red - you made a mistake. Best Mutant - actually top 4 champ in the game. Try bringing him into War or Act 6. Go solo everything cause his damage is insane and he barely ever has to touch the opponent. When he does, he ignores any consequences with tentacle hits.
    My mistake, good sir! He is indeed the best. I'm sure if they took each other on he would destroy Mag- oh wait... he's metal
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Omega red
    Just rank them all and play who ever you feel like.

• Options
    Omega red

Just rank them all and play who ever you feel like.

So lucky all the crazy mutants in your bag
  • Options
    Omega red
    If you get apoc you are just going to rip through the game