**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Combo Mechanic Suggestion

LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
edited October 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
I was thinking about how some champs have the ability to deal both physical and energy damage and that it would be neat to be able to control which type of damage you are doing, based on the attack combinations you enter. It would be awesome if the animations changed as well since there are several different combos.

Basically it would work something like this:

M,L,L,L,M: All physical damage
L,L,L,L,M: All energy damage

You could further the complexity by mixing up the combos and therefore the energy to physical damage ratio.

L,M,LLL : energy,physical, physical, energy, energy (3 energy, 2 physical)
LL,M,LL: energy, energy, physical, physical, physical (2 energy, 3 physical)

This could be a good counter for naturally beefed up champs with damage resistances, or for nodes that cycle between physical and energy resistance buffs. (I forget the name)

The combo mechanics can also be further augmented to apply buffs or debuffs depending on the combination.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    It would make characters with debuffs and energy damage pointless. Maybe if they did other bonuses, but that seems slightly unbalanced. Cool concept!
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    There's no need to connect damage type with combo style. I'm happy with my Magneto doing energy damage on all hits.
  • Options
    LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    edited October 2020
    I was thinking it might be nice for say red hulk where you don't want to activate his charges or korg for his spiked armor you could negate or mitigate them based on your combo

Just a thought anyways. Thanks for the feedback!