**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magik and Longshot

AnakinIsGoneAnakinIsGone Posts: 220
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Magik and Longshot are the best 5* Mystic champs in my roster. Who should I R5 first? Please mention in the comments why you say so.

Bear in mind, I’m not an endgame player (I’m Uncollected… and 33% done with Cavalier), and my skillset is at best just above average.

Magik and Longshot 24 votes

Magik
75%
JestressLvernon15HeattblasttGodzDenslo500abqberAnakinIsGoneEtjamaSarvanga1_BonzodavidILLUSION8MauledkapkaccilaxtheYeetusTheFoetusCeltic1981ThantonBrad_the_almighty15 18 votes
Longshot
25%
FlashSpideyMCOCHazzaJragonMaster170TheBair123agentstylo[Deleted User] 6 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    Magik
    A good amount of effects and troubles in this game require a special attack to be launched or atleast reach a bar or multiple bars of power and to know that you can reliably keep the opponent from gaining any power at all once you reach your first sp2 is huge.
    Magik is simple to use and incredibly effective (people are still using her in the highest tiers of war) and does power locking like no other allowing you to finish fights much quicker. Her awakened ability provides an additional layer of safety and with the recovery mastery you can heal more than what damage you actually took when limbo was active. She has a way of dealing huge damage on her sp3 if the opponents have a lot of buffs.

Longshot is amazing when it comes to dealing insane amounts of burst damage via his sp2 especially if the opponents have a ton of buffs. It's just that you may not have the same ease when it comes to accessing ways to parry and heavy reliably in every situation.

That being said you won't go wrong with either of these choices. I prefer Magik over Longshot due to the playstyle mainly but that's just me. I only recently have pulled and duped Longshot and have been playing around with him in variant 5 and the monthly EQ, he's a ton of fun to play and watching all the healthpool just disappear is so satisfying. Magik on the other hand was my first 5* and also my first 5/65 so I could be biased lol.

The choice really comes down to what you are missing in your roster currently and your playstyle preference. If you want damage go for Longshot. If you want power control go for Magik. If you are in a dilemma I'd say go with Magik, she's pretty much timeless (considering how old she is) and her kit always seems to have relevance in the latest content that gets released.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Magik
    In mystics I prefer to go for power control first and then buff control
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Magik
    And longshot can do all content even at r4