**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is there a reason we can't edit defenders once we've placed them?

KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
I feel like a lot of headaches would go away if we could just swap out champs even after we've placed them during the 24 hour prep day. Diversity is such a huge part of AW now, and it sucks to see someone brought the same champ you did and not having an option to switch them out.

Obviously, we need to coordinate things as well, but sometimes player A could have the best Hyperion when we began but now player B just pulled a dupe of the same and wants to rank him up, which would make him the top Hyperion. We can't use the best guy because one was already placed 20 hours ago and can't switch even though we have 4 hours to go. Other times it's just a new guy that placed his regular best and forgot to ask, but now that whole war setup has to be redone for max diversity instead of him just picking new guys.

Has this been addressed? I know it's in most other games with war placement phases.

Comments

• Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    How would this work when officers spend a bunch of time doing placement (unless you've stopped worrying about node placement much with new update) and then someone just switches out their defenders ruining what was already set up?
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    We have basically stopped worrying about placement--it's a waste of time trying to figure out if spider Gwen or iron fist would be better on a +75% attack/health tile.

I think this is a great idea
  • Options
    Crine60 wrote: »
    How would this work when officers spend a bunch of time doing placement (unless you've stopped worrying about node placement much with new update) and then someone just switches out their defenders ruining what was already set up?

That falls on the officers to speak to the alliance members really (same as if they just place duplicates). I just want the choice to pull some guys after I've placed for whatever reason. If the guy who drops Spidey goes MIA and there's 5 minutes left to start, we should be able to make adjustments. That's what the prep phase is for, but it's not being utilized.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I almost feel like your argument goes both ways. Prep phase is time to place and time to arrange whats placed. If you're changing what you're placing, you're not letting the officer utilize prep-placement phase time. Maybe if an officer can unlock a person's defenders? That'd be an interesting dynamic
  • Options
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I almost feel like your argument goes both ways. Prep phase is time to place and time to arrange whats placed. If you're changing what you're placing, you're not letting the officer utilize prep-placement phase time. Maybe if an officer can unlock a person's defenders? That'd be an interesting dynamic

Officer allowing unlocks might work to minimize random changes, but people can always go in and move their people anyway which messes up the planning now.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »

Officer allowing unlocks might work to minimize random changes, but people can always go in and move their people anyway which messes up the planning now.

But if needed an officer can relocate a champ if its somewhere on the map. An officer cannot go into a roster and pull out champs not placed. So if placed, an officer always has access to it. Give the player a chance to swap champs out, and I feel it affects it more
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    I feel like a lot of headaches would go away if we could just swap out champs even after we've placed them during the 24 hour prep day. Diversity is such a huge part of AW now, and it sucks to see someone brought the same champ you did and not having an option to switch them out.

Obviously, we need to coordinate things as well, but sometimes player A could have the best Hyperion when we began but now player B just pulled a dupe of the same and wants to rank him up, which would make him the top Hyperion. We can't use the best guy because one was already placed 20 hours ago and can't switch even though we have 4 hours to go. Other times it's just a new guy that placed his regular best and forgot to ask, but now that whole war setup has to be redone for max diversity instead of him just picking new guys.

Has this been addressed? I know it's in most other games with war placement phases.

This seems like a lot of hassle for very little reward. In your Hyperion example, let's assume that the one who placed is 5/50 and the guy with the newly duped Hyperion, duped his 5*. In most cases, 3/45 is as high as he will go, at least right off the bat because of all the materials needed. So the new guy has a slightly stronger and slightly higher PI. He might get one kill more than the 5/50, albeit not super likely. The bonus points you would get for defender rating are incredibly immaterial between the two. There's really no benefit to swapping the two out, but it would cause more issues with placement and the 5/50 Hyperion needing to figure out another champ to place.

In the second example, you just need coordination and organization to make sure duplicates are not placed.I know people make mistakes and duplicates are placed. Just work to be organized.

Points for defender rating are so small it is not worth the overhaul. Just accept it for that war and correct it for the next one.