**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why are the deals only up for 24 hours or less?

MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
I usually do not buy deals. Why? Because whenever someone rushes me to decide whether or not I should spend $50 or $100 and I'm unsure of the true value of the "deal", I won't do it.

I understand some of the deals having a short window because in someone's mind they're "such a steal", but let's face it, some of the deals aren't *that* great and if you gave people more time to consider them, maybe you'd sell a few more.

I mean, push out all of the $1, $5, $10, $20 deals with 24 hour timers you want to put out, I can fit those amounts into my budget fairly easily, but $50? $100? Has anyone at Kabam ever had to explain a $100 impulse buy to their spouse? That's not pocket change.

Comments

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    You might be in the minority there, Buddy.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    edited May 2017
    Keyword: impulse.

They expect people to impulse buy before they really consider it, which is why you're not buying the deals. I'm not buying the deals either for similar reasons. Not worth it to me.

EDIT: Kabam doesn't care how you explain the impulse purchase to your spouse. That's not their problem.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    If it wasn't working for them, they'd stop. Obviously they are making a killing or they'd drop the price of the deals down...
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86

They expect people to impulse buy before they really consider it, which is why you're not buying the deals. I'm not buying the deals either for similar reasons. Not worth it to me.

EDIT: Kabam doesn't care how you explain the impulse purchase to your spouse. That's not their problem.

This is exactly the reason
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Scud77 said:

what the duck is this for
    did u buy a deal and regret it?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Scud77 said:

What is the reason to pull up a 3 yr old thread just to say "this is the reason"???
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    Basic marketing