**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena Changes

What was that about being less likely to face opponents with 2x your PI in arena? I’m at a 23 win streak in the 5* arena and this is the 3rd matchup in a row like this.

Comments

• FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★
    Actually, that was typical Kabam double speak. They said less likely to face opponents that are greater than 2x. But, they changed the formula to ensure that you face teams that are 2x once your team strength drops below rank 2 six star or rank 5 five star. So, they made the arena twice as hard. But they didn’t make it greater than twice as hard. :).
  • tpeters85tpeters85 Posts: 47
    FabiusBR said:

Actually, that was typical Kabam double speak. They said less likely to face opponents that are greater than 2x. But, they changed the formula to ensure that you face teams that are 2x once your team strength drops below rank 2 six star or rank 5 five star. So, they made the arena twice as hard. But they didn’t make it greater than twice as hard. :).

I assumed the point of these changes was to make arenas less of a grind. These fights are taking twice as long, especially when you have unfavorable character matchups. Seems counterproductive to me.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    tpeters85 said:

What was that about being less likely to face opponents with 2x your PI in arena? I’m at a 23 win streak in the 5* arena and this is the 3rd matchup in a row like this.

They never said it was gonna be less likely to face opponents x2 PI... Matter of fact they said that was exactly what was gonna happen instead of a deathmatch that is actually 3x or 4x the PI...
  • TriStarILTriStarIL Posts: 1
    edited October 2020
    I used 5*r4 champs and 4 fights in a row I faced 6*r3 champs.

THIS IS NOT FUN!
    DeadPooop said:

tpeters85 said:

They never said it was gonna be less likely to face opponents x2 PI... Matter of fact they said that was exactly what was gonna happen instead of a deathmatch that is actually 3x or 4x the PI...
    They never said that x2 PI fights were going to be more common. When I was at a 21 or over win streak, I never faced x2 PI fights with my 6* rank 1s. Now that’s all I’m getting, and these fights are taking way longer. There is no way you can spin this as a positive for players. Even if you’re getting a few more points per fight, this is making arena grinding exponentially more tedious.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I mean... you get more points and if they throw specials it's not like the fights are hard.
    Shrimkins said:

I mean... you get more points and if they throw specials it's not like the fights are hard.

It’s like 5-10% more points for double the time and effort, particularly when you have meme tier champs going up against god tier champs. Not worth it to me.