**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Excessive filters ingame and now Alliance chat is filtered?! Why?

Title says it all. Look, I get that kids play this game and I also appreciate that creeps have a harder time trolling for that mythical woman that just really loves D pics from strangers (although these ppl are still routinely all over chat and they will ALWAYS find a way to post about their dongs), but every update seems to get more and more hashtaggy. I cant tell you (actually can and will) how frustrating it is to get filtered every other sentence while carrying on an innocuous conversation in global, and now it's gonna happen in ALLIANCE CHAT?! Theres a reason we don't let kids in our alli; we joke around and use adult language, because we are old enough to handle it. Some of the filters seem to come out of nowhere, our chat app is whatsapp which has better features than Line but it is filtered in global. Can you imagine how hard it's going to be to get new recruits on our chat? A chat we wouldn't need to use by the way if the ingame chat, filters notwithstanding, wasn't an absolute pain with a short character limit and takes like 10 seconds to post anything while clearing the next sentence you have typed when it finally does. It's like being forced to carry on a conversation in slow motion. First off, you guys need an OPTION to disable offensive language. Turn on the filter client side I want to participate in actual conversations with the community without having to tiptoe through the hashtag minefield. At one point (thankfully this is fixed) the number 27 was filtered. Would get your whole sentence hashtagged. Not 26 or 28. Just 27. Again it's thankfully fixed but that was a real filter for months and it goes to show you guys really should not be trying to case by case filter out words... it ends up with so many frustrating misfires. Posting names is still a problem, just because I mention a celebrity in the news doesn't mean I'm giving away my irl name and need to be filtered. And what if I am, or some 12 year old? What could possibly be the issue there, someone's gonna friend me on Facebook?

I appreciate the bug fixes in the new patch you folks did a good job of fixing a lot of the problems with lag and the evade glitch... Even if yall introduced em lol. the game is running better and more fun to play. Please work on a new solution for chat I for one would really like to converse freely without wondering if I'm going to have to retype a sentence from scratch while trying to figure out which word is banned. And for the love of all that is holy remove filters from non global chats especially alliance chat and PM. This wasn't a problem before.

Comments

• Herk_DerpsonHerk_Derpson Member Posts: 33
    Sidenote: at the very least please remove whatsapp from the filters it is a huge pain now getting people on the chat thanks to the Alliance page now being filtered.
    Thanks for the contribution. I think it's a shame that outside apps are even needed to effectively communicate. Also Line sucks.
  • bdubbs2736bdubbs2736 Member Posts: 10
    Yeah I noticed this today. I couldn't even give aw lane assignments in war group chat.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Member Posts: 324 ★★
    It's so true...on top of the fact that chat is really irritating to use because of a myriad of other issues (e.g. losing next message being typed when a previous messsage finally posts), I can't seem to ever get sentences in that aren't replaced with ********. I don't get why kabam doesn't understand the damn concept of GAME OPTIONS...a concept that would allow us to choose whether or not we want these filters on.

Anyways, to run an alliance that is even somewhat functional and doing AQ/AW, Line (or similar apps like group.me...ewww) is absolutely required. In fact, the game has so many useless features that there are great resources on Line like MCOC infobot to give u info on schedules, recruiting, infinite streaks, duel target, news, etc.

Graduate to the next level because Kabam does not seem interested in improving features in the app. If you have noticed since 11.0, all game changes are pretty much content changes...basically rehashing the same events/maps/character models and releasing a few new champs every month.
    Very true. I still laugh every time I remember the base option in alliance page. Coming soon... For like 2 years.