**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thronebreaker daily crystal, what have you got so far?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    I have LOVED them and I’ve gotten the lowest drops 3 times. I still LOVE them though.

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Reptoid said:

So from 1 daily Thronebreaker crystal you can get double the 6 star shards you get from completing +-8 hours cavalier difficulty.
    But on the other hand claiming that a few extra shards in cavalier difficulty would break the in-game economy?

You're comparing cavalier difficulty to thronebreaker crystals. What the hell do you expect?
    Also comparing guaranteed outcome versus what I can only assume is an incredibly small chance. So far I've gotten a whole 4.5k t5b frags and 3 t4b. Game breaking stuff here folks.....
    Perhaps, but what else would he compare it to? Certainly there are no other daily crystals that drop rewards that can be considered relevant too much of any player. Some of the drops we have seen from this exceed the total value of mutant treasure Island. While this is very possibly like the cav crystals, in which we are seeing just the best of the best and over the long haul the real value is much less. But the visual is compelling, and I can guarantee that there are a lot of people like me at mid cavalier who are now doing nothing but refocusing our efforts on getting throne breaker.
    And that's the problem with blowing cherry picked examples out of proportion. You're seriously trying to tell me it's worth potentially wasting a t5cc for the slim chance at getting something really good occasionally but more than likely will net you a little bit of extra t5b, T4cc, and t4b
    I don’t know? Without a great deal of transparency on the drop rates for that Crystal how can I be sure? And, as has been repeated many times, I don’t really need my six star roster. Everything in the meta is doable with my five stars. Especially since I don’t need/care about prestige. So ranking some rando six star that’s not ideal really won’t hurt me until the meta requires six stars. And theoretically by then I’ll have opportunities to rank up others.

At least, that’s the justification. Will I really do it? Probably not. But I get it.
    And that's up to you. I just don't want to see people waste t5cc to get this already and then get absolutely crapped on by these for months and then turn up here complaining about it.

Anyone ranking up a champ specifically for this title they wouldn't otherwise really shouldnt expect any meaningful return from these crystals. Sure there's a chance you hit the jackpot repeatedly but you could also just end up with a bunch of t4b and T4cc. Which do you really think is the likely outcome?
    No one wants toxic-man here.
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    4.5k t5b
    Full t4b
    9k t2a
    18k t4cc (mystic)

Took domino to r3 to get the title, which wasn't an easy decision (not a fan boy, or a hater). The daily rewards are making me feel better about it.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I have LOVED them and I’ve gotten the lowest drops 3 times. I still LOVE them though.

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Reptoid said:

So from 1 daily Thronebreaker crystal you can get double the 6 star shards you get from completing +-8 hours cavalier difficulty.
    But on the other hand claiming that a few extra shards in cavalier difficulty would break the in-game economy?

You're comparing cavalier difficulty to thronebreaker crystals. What the hell do you expect?
    Also comparing guaranteed outcome versus what I can only assume is an incredibly small chance. So far I've gotten a whole 4.5k t5b frags and 3 t4b. Game breaking stuff here folks.....
    Perhaps, but what else would he compare it to? Certainly there are no other daily crystals that drop rewards that can be considered relevant too much of any player. Some of the drops we have seen from this exceed the total value of mutant treasure Island. While this is very possibly like the cav crystals, in which we are seeing just the best of the best and over the long haul the real value is much less. But the visual is compelling, and I can guarantee that there are a lot of people like me at mid cavalier who are now doing nothing but refocusing our efforts on getting throne breaker.
    And that's the problem with blowing cherry picked examples out of proportion. You're seriously trying to tell me it's worth potentially wasting a t5cc for the slim chance at getting something really good occasionally but more than likely will net you a little bit of extra t5b, T4cc, and t4b
    I don’t know? Without a great deal of transparency on the drop rates for that Crystal how can I be sure? And, as has been repeated many times, I don’t really need my six star roster. Everything in the meta is doable with my five stars. Especially since I don’t need/care about prestige. So ranking some rando six star that’s not ideal really won’t hurt me until the meta requires six stars. And theoretically by then I’ll have opportunities to rank up others.

At least, that’s the justification. Will I really do it? Probably not. But I get it.
    And that's up to you. I just don't want to see people waste t5cc to get this already and then get absolutely crapped on by these for months and then turn up here complaining about it.

Anyone ranking up a champ specifically for this title they wouldn't otherwise really shouldnt expect any meaningful return from these crystals. Sure there's a chance you hit the jackpot repeatedly but you could also just end up with a bunch of t4b and T4cc. Which do you really think is the likely outcome?
    Where did I say they were bad or anything remotely toxic? I just said that people should use some sense when considering burning something like a t5cc for a daily lottery ticket.
  • Options
    DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    edited October 2020

Reptoid said:

Thronebreaker is vastly different from Cavalier
    True Uncollected is a distinctive turning point within the game and Throne breaker approximates the same title as well - the benefits are also proportionately similar.

Edit: Hope these do not get nerfed
  • Options
    Once all the "WTH I thought these crystals were supposed to be good and all I've gotten for a month are t4b and T4cc. Thanks for making me waste a T5cc Kabam" threads start popping up, then comes the toxic
  • Options

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Reptoid said:

Where did I say they were bad or anything remotely toxic? I just said that people should use some sense when considering burning something like a t5cc for a daily lottery ticket.
    Sorry it was preemptive self defense. And I saw the future. Of the 14,000,605 futures
    I saw, there was 1 where you made a nice/constructive comment. I assumed it would be the 14,000,604 other ones, but I was wrong.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Once all the "WTH I thought these crystals were supposed to be good and all I've gotten for a month are t4b and T4cc. Thanks for making me waste a T5cc Kabam" threads start popping up, then comes the toxic

I hope I will live to see the day when you will finally make a constructive comment. A man can dream.

• Options

I hope I will live to see the day when you will finally make a constructive comment. A man can dream.

I've made plenty. Most of you are just too busy screeching to notice
  • Options

There aren’t a ton but they’re there. And not all of us screech, and if My posts are considered screeching I can’t imagine what certain other people’s are.
  • Options

There aren’t a ton but they’re there. And not all of us screech, and if My posts are considered screeching I can’t imagine what certain other people’s are.
    Never had an issue with you regardless of the infrequency we agree. Same for most people honestly. Holding a grugde against someone bc you disagree with their opinion is about one of the saddest things I can think of
  • Options

Never had an issue with you regardless of the infrequency we agree. Same for most people honestly. Holding a grugde against someone bc you disagree with their opinion is about one of the saddest things I can think of
    Yeah that is kinda lame to do. I might be guilty of that sometimes, but try not to.
  • Options
    Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    So far I got:

Day 1 - 18k t4b
    Day 2 - full t4b
    Day 3 - 9k t2a
    Day 4 - full t5b
  • Options
    Bottom line is I think there's a high chance for someone ranking a champ they wouldn't typically only for this title to be very disappointed which I'd rather not see. If anything I'd recommend waiting until the CM offers go live if you're that concerned with deals and you'll at least be able to make an informed decision at that point. Using t5cc for lottery tickets seems like a huge mistake to me but that's a decision each person is going to have to make
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Bottom line is I think there's a high chance for someone ranking a champ they wouldn't typically only for this title to be very disappointed which I'd rather not see. If anything I'd recommend waiting until the CM offers go live if you're that concerned with deals and you'll at least be able to make an informed decision at that point. Using t5cc for lottery tickets seems like a huge mistake to me but that's a decision each person is going to have to make

You want us to acknowledge the logical fallacy of cherry picking outcomes on these crystals, exercise discipline in ranking up our most valuable champs using our most valuable resources, and wait to gather more data before making decisions?!

Forget it, I’m R3ing Karnak

• Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

You want us to acknowledge the logical fallacy of cherry picking outcomes on these crystals, exercise discipline in ranking up our most valuable champs using our most valuable resources, and wait to gather more data before making decisions?!

Forget it, I’m R3ing Karnak

When you put it like that, it does sound pretty toxic and anti-player. Forget everything I said, enjoy that Karnak!
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Reptoid said:

I think we can agree that likely happen anyway, lol. We can also agree that those of us willing rank a 6* for an RNG crystal have already made garbage rank ups in the past.

But I still get the temptation.

I won’t decide till November. With the big deals i can discern whether or not my unit and dollar values have declined precipitously due to being in cavalier. If they have, I’ll probably pull the trigger.
    Same, I will wait until November (well, I need the time anyway to do Abyss and finish Act 6) ... it‘s not like my 6* options are that terrible I couldn’t justify that Rank Up.

Nick Fury, Omega Red or Guillotine 2099 would all be worth it. Even Venom the Duck wouldn’t be the worst option, if it happens to become Cosmic.
  • Options
    Hoping for a 6* later today lol
  • Options
    I’m assuming if you’re throne breaker and not preparing for an abyss run, you don’t open free crystals, but if you do, should they be hoarded or popped?
  • Options
    Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    I feel like there are too less throne breaker guys.. such that kabam made daily crystal OP..
  • Options
    I got a full t4cc today. Still amazing.
  • Options
    9k t2a frags today
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Congrats to all who have achieved this status!! 😊

Now I want to be Thronebreaker!
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,780 ★★★★★
    I think the thing to realize here is that no matter what they are already better than cavalier daily crystals. In a game that rewards you with daily items based on progression for the most part, that would inherantly make it worth the t3, albeit not really a trash rank up of course. At least make that r3 usable lol.