**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who should I r4 between magik, torch and archangel?

SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Been debating this for so long and honestly need you guys help. ALL ARE UNAWAKENED BTW!

Who should I r4 between magik, torch and archangel? 32 votes

Magik
3%
KevanproG 1 vote
Human Torch
62%
Lvernon15ThatGuyYouSaw235playinggameletMeebletonKill_GreyEtjamaWindsnrosesSarvanga1_YENANSASHESOmedennSneakyWarriorAmadordegamer99Soyheyor123Shish15JragonMaster170Ethereality[Deleted User]CheesePizzaRedWOLF_LINKavenge_123 20 votes
Archangel
34%
OnmixThicco_ModeJoshua_EiversGiuliameijYTBigSTheBair123Rayaan_2000The_Sentry06Yodabolt21FilthyMcRickJuanGamer89 11 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Depends on the rest of your champions
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I came here to go pff Archangel.
    He still has all his damage output but not his AAR.
    Find him a gem. He's fine at low sig. Sig 80ish is pretty much the perfect spot.
    I'd personally still rank AA, but that's just me.
    HT is crazy good too and doesn't necessarily need the dupe. He's crazy against mystics and for heal reversal.
    Nova flames just melt everyone as noone is immune
    I know nothing about whether Magik needs hers, I haven't got her.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Archangel
    Magik has great power control as everyone knows, torch is torch, and archangel is well......Archangel so you've got a difficult choice here, I personally voted archangel here because I'm desperate for one lol but really, it depends on what you need currently, Power control- Magik; Inc. Immune, heal reversing mystic slayer- Torch,
    Crazy AW and general questing, opponent melting mutant- Archangel
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Human Torch
    Got all three myself. So kinda know what I‘m talking about.

Torch R5 (Sig 190)
    Archangel R5 (Sig 1)
    Magik R1 (undupe)

Human Torch is destroying all Mystics + Energy type enemies like nothing. And once you activate Nova, you can just melt everything.
    Thing? No problem. Korg? Oh, was there a stone under my feet?
    He‘s one of the „Horseman of Abyss“ for a reason.

Archangel is another great Champ, as long as the enemy can bleed and be poisoned, he won‘t last long against Archangel. And his AAR is sweet as well. But imo he‘s fine at R4 and Sig 1. R5 is just luxus Rank Up.

And Magik, well ... never considered ranking her up because I got Symbio Supreme (and then Doom + Claire Voyant) long before I got her. No need for another R5 Mystic right now. But I really like her Limbo damage as AW Defender. She‘s worth R5, but Torch will help you more.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Human Torch
    If he was duped I’d lean to aa, but since they’re unduped torch is the way to go
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    I think you'd use aa more, but that might just be me. I have all three at r4, and magik is barely used, but thats mainly because I don't do story. I definitely use aa the most and hes in some team 24/7. maybe in aq or eq or story or aw
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Human Torch
    I have all three, and defo go for Torch.

Magik is R1 so concentrate on R4 to R5 first.

Archangel is great ... but only if the enemy is NOT bleed AND/OR poison immune. If he has just one of these two immunities then AA becomes close to useless. Many champs in the game have one or the other , or both immunities.That is why R4 is the most I would rank an AA, more than that only if you are literally so full and overflowing of t2a, t5c a t4mutant cats that they are just gonna expire and u dont have any better mitant to ise them on.

Human Torch is a class on his own otoh. Theres comparatively way less incinerate immune champs in the game, and even if you face one all you need to do is is activate his pre fight ability-and voila! even the most hardened incinerate immune defender will just melt down once his nova flames start kickin'.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Human Torch

I have all three, and defo go for Torch.

Magik is R1 so concentrate on R4 to R5 first.

Archangel is great ... but only if the enemy is NOT bleed AND/OR poison immune. If he has just one of these two immunities then AA becomes close to useless. Many champs in the game have one or the other , or both immunities.That is why R4 is the most I would rank an AA, more than that only if you are literally so full and overflowing of t2a, t5c a t4mutant cats that they are just gonna expire and u dont have any better mitant to ise them on.

Human Torch is a class on his own otoh. Theres comparatively way less incinerate immune champs in the game, and even if you face one all you need to do is is activate his pre fight ability-and voila! even the most hardened incinerate immune defender will just melt down once his nova flames start kickin'.

I just have to disagree with this. I don't think you realize how few bleed and/or poison immune champs actually are. AA is an absolute MVP for every piece of content, and he does his job like a freaking boss! He was my fourth rank 5, and he helped me complete act 6 which is where I am right now. I don't know where I would be without him at rank 5, and even my 4* back in the day when I was exploring act 5.

Against poison immune, he isn't completely gimped either. He is undoubtedly a top 3 option for dyb Medusa boss in 6.3.1.

Torch is cool, but he doesn't do what AA does, and not even anywhere close! Torch can counter heal, but you have to be aggressive, and once your incinerates or Nova flames fall off, your opponent's health would shoot up. With an awakened AA, just get your neuros, and watch those green numbers completely disappear. Stand by, and watch them melt with speed!

AA is always on my team when I'm going blind into content, and I take him over Quake a good amount of the time.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    @Kill_Grey I just wanna say, your comments on AA make me happy lol
    I hear way too many "but bleed/posion immune!"
    Sure but the ones that arent? Don't stand a chance. And there are many of those. Sometimes even the nodes don't stand a chance. That's how good he can be.
    He has his weakness yeah, but where he doesn't, you'd be hard pressed to find many better options.
    "He's fine at r4!"
    But he'll do his job better at r5? In that logic many champs are fine at r4. Why r5 any champ then. And pff he deserves those r5 resources.
    His most common playstyle is parry heavy. R5 - increased health, more parries. More damage, less parries needed, quicker fights.
    Sure, HT is great. He has some useful immunities and great damage and is important in Abyss. Can't reduce opponents Ability accuracy to 0 and shut down nodes though. They have different uses.
    If AA is unduped then HT is a (probably) better option, if AA was duped... well.
  • SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216
    Appreciate all the feedback guys! I’m gonna r4 torch and archangel since I have enough resources to r4 both of them.