**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Opinions on a Ghost Rider tune up?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    DrZola said:

In each class, there are pretty clear older champs who have languished and should be updated, however that’s done. To wit, Falcon and Karnak in Skill, IP and Howard in Tech, IF and Juggs in Mystic, Miles and Rhino in Science and KK and Groot in Cosmic.

Throw in some team synergy tuneups to help other old champs (OGIM, OGCap, Sin Six) and you have the beginnings of a great revamp.

But I would defer any significant revamp of champs issued in the past year or two. That pains me, because I have some of the recent clunkers as 6* (Terrax, e.g.) but it seems fair to have to wait in exchange for revisions to champs who are older and/or more iconic in Marvel lore.

Dr. Zola

I’m sorry... what is your point here? Plus ghost rider came out in 2016 so....
  • Options
    AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★

I think he actually needs relatively little. I used him all the time against much 'stronger' opponents. Maybe Claire or Doom could finish fights faster; but that's not the end-all, be-all of a champion.

I see people complain about his SP3 damage and completely fail to appreciate the simultaneous Power Lock, Heal Block and Fate Seal - which is an incredibly potent combination.

I'd really suggest one of:
    (a) 'Tune-Up' the Ability Accuracy of his judgements a bit. Only 10-15% or so - it's okay for them to fail a bit.
    (b) increase the effectiveness of his Sig ability by making it a unique buff that grants a boost simultaneously to Attack, Crit Rate and Crit damage. Or grants something different with utility, like True Accuracy.
    (c) introduce a default reset of his judgements 45s or 60s after he reaches four (five if Awakened). It won't happen often; but for those occasional fights where he'll literally never reach an SP3*, it would make a huge difference, since he's completely spannered if he can't access judgements in longer fights.
    * Nodes like Tranquility, Power Alternator, Tyranny, and so on.

I said “tune up”, therefore I only want him to receive a small buff. I’m not asking for magneto treatment here.

I only really disagree with your judgement point. I’m sorry, but power control and buff control CAN NOT and SHOULD NOT be inconsistant. It’s simply too important for when you need it most.