**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Seeing red node not working as written!

In the cav difficulty in the monthly event quest the seeing red node is not removing bleeds when specials are being activated. I’ve tried a lot of different mutant champs but can’t seem to get the node to remove bleeds and reward
prowes

Comments

• Joshua_EiversJoshua_Eivers Posts: 108
    It’s the same with archangel. Even with no neurotoxin on the opponent he isn’t converting the bleeds into prowess
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    I wish people would search the forums before posting more. Omega Reds spores have AAR. They disable the node. You won't gain prowless while you have spores on the opponent.

https://youtu.be/YmXIK5ctr44

I wish people would search the forums before posting more. Omega Reds spores have AAR. They disable the node. You won't gain prowless while you have spores on the opponent.

But what about with archangel?
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★

Archangel neurotoxins reduce ability accuracy.
  • FreaknaFreakna Posts: 7
    That doesn’t make sense if it’s a aar issue! It’s written as a benefit for the attacker. How is reducing the aar on the defender going to affect my ability accuracy? Kabam needs to fix it or put in the description that aar will disable the node.
    Plus if aar is disabling seeing red why isn’t it disabling biohazard?
    Freakna said:

That doesn’t make sense if it’s a aar issue! It’s written as a benefit for the attacker. How is reducing the aar on the defender going to affect my ability accuracy? Kabam needs to fix it or put in the description that aar will disable the node.

It's the way AAR has always worked. Blade has done it for years. So has AA.
    Edeuink said:

Archangel neurotoxins reduce ability accuracy.
    I had no neurotoxin on the opponent cause I just started the fight

Freakna said:

Then why does biohazard still work?
    Freakna said:

Freakna said:

Because BH isn't an ability in the sense "seeing red" is. AAR shuts abilities down.

Blade+GR+Spark was able to turn off mix master during one of the Harold events that had Void as the boss. Mix master is counted as an offensive ability. Blade can't shut down node effects like Buffet. Biohazard is the same as Buffet.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Freakna said:

Freakna said:

That last reply to this query is wrong so ignore it, that man should be ashamed of it!

Biohazard still works because of the nutty way the nodes are being affected by separate abilities. Omega red reduces the chance for your opponent to purify debuffs and on seeing red the opponent purifies bleeds on you to give you the prowess. Being that the opponent has a reduced chance to purify bleed on you it does not trigger the prowess. Make sense, kinda?

Now with biohazard that’s an ability activating defensively since attacking the opponent triggers it. So if you reduce ability accuracy or defensive ability accuracy you can reduce/prevent it from triggering. OR does not have a way to reduce biohazard outside of pacify in the proficiencies mastery tree.

Kabam would be better off making the node unaffected by ability accuracy modification rather than maintain the confusing interaction but that might have knock on effects that prevent them from going that route.

P.S. AA’s ability to reduce tenacity abilities is likely why he does not purify bleeds due to the previously described interaction.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Freakna said:

nodes are always abilities modifications of the defender and AAR can shut them down. Even when your champion gives the opposing champion a benefit the opposing champion can shut down that ability too.