**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Cheat? Pause/restart app/no deaths in AW? [Under Investigation]

2»

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    How to fix war? Buff the defender nodes beyond the powder-puff **** given now. Make these legit buffs that reduce the chance at 100% explore to almost non-existent. Make some of the buffs champ-specific, so they actually complement the diversity. i.e. Node 12 Any champ gets X boost, but the following Champs get additional Y boost (then list 10 or 15 specific champs).

Before the update, 80-85% exploration was awesome (obviously 100% was possible, but not the norm). Teams had to frequently sacrifice exploration for the boss kill. With the amount of points awarded for exploration, make it harder to actually get exploration.

The layout IMO is awesome. I love the ability to jump across to help a team mate, but aside from some of the mini-bosses there isn't a need to double up lines.
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    lol tell me about it all we face in war at our war rating is 12 million rated alliances where there profile is full of r4 5* champs. cant catch a break
  • JEbertJEbert Posts: 157
    @Dexman1349 great idea - makes having some of the champs most dont want to have worth the effort
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    JEbert wrote: »
    It's not hard to get 100% explore now. Kabam wants us to rank up our Luke Cage, Kamala, "you name the worst character"...In order to gain "diversity".

If it isn't hard to get 100% explore then why would it be necessary for anyone to pause and restart the app? Why use an old exploit brought back from the dead if it was so easy?

What Kabam should have done is implemented a suggestion made a long time ago before there was any AW at all. And that was:
    Check if the player pressed the "pause" button prior to losing any connection.

That's all they need to do. From that they can implement certain rules:

If the player did not hit pause, then the fight is a "do-over". It reverts back as if the original fight never happened.

If the player did hit pause, then the fight is forfeited. Any damage he did is removed and the player's hero dies and cannot be revived for AQ but can be revived for AW.

Of course, MCOC players did not like this idea one bit. They would make up some sob-story that they had to pause the game in order to answer a phone call and that's when they suddenly lost connection.
  • DegirmenciogluDegirmencioglu Posts: 93
    edited September 2017
    Why even complain about not getting defender kills if kills don’t matter anymore? It’s like people who see something in the game they don’t like it and just run to the forums and cry.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    snitching for no reason. war is broken anyway
  • Until they fix the game breaking bugs, and server disruptions, this is the best they can do. Sure you same guys would be complaining if your champs were unresponsive or the game cut out and you lose champs because of it. There should be a limit though, on how much you can use this per fight or per war as there is a point where it exceeds bugs and becomes an exploit.
    Some of you are missing the point or are complaining about people complaining; which is extremely helpful btw!

Exploiting weakness in programming against another player - thus making them use units or pay isn't right. If all can do it then make it a rule and all known. We had members pay to try to get the 100% when it was failed attempt due to shoddy programming. That is my grievance. Others tried and won due to not using units when it wouldn't have been possible to kill a boss. Therefore, winning a war because they had higher ranked champs - not because they were better players.

An Alli with higher ranking champs - not better skilled players will always win because it is too easy to get 100% explore, 3 boss kills, 150 defender div. with the current setup.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Saw this on Reddit this morning and we lost our AW to an Alli that admitted to doing it.

So you can pause your fight - restart the app - and it will bring you back like you never started the fight. Saw a dude do this almost ten times - said that he'd fight Dorm as boss until he got enough for his S3 and then he'd restart it so he wouldn't die.

Wait, are you saying that if you pause/quit out, it reset the fight from scratch, which isn't TOO bad, if a little lame if you do it repeatedly... or are you saying that it retains however much life the opponent lost, so instead of having to bait specials and ****, you just unload on them, take off whatever life you can until they are about to SP3, restart, and they start with whatever life you removed from previous attempt?

If it's the former, it's a little lame and questionable, if it's the latter, it's obviously an exploit being abused that will need to be fixed and those people should be banned as such.
    dkatryl wrote: »
    Saw this on Reddit this morning and we lost our AW to an Alli that admitted to doing it.

So you can pause your fight - restart the app - and it will bring you back like you never started the fight. Saw a dude do this almost ten times - said that he'd fight Dorm as boss until he got enough for his S3 and then he'd restart it so he wouldn't die.

Wait, are you saying that if you pause/quit out, it reset the fight from scratch, which isn't TOO bad, if a little lame if you do it repeatedly... or are you saying that it retains however much life the opponent lost, so instead of having to bait specials and ****, you just unload on them, take off whatever life you can until they are about to SP3, restart, and they start with whatever life you removed from previous attempt?

If it's the former, it's a little lame and questionable, if it's the latter, it's obviously an exploit being abused that will need to be fixed and those people should be banned as such.

People can do this endless times without penalty. Pause and restart the app before you die and it will bring you back like you never started the fight. Exactly like the movie Live Die Repeat basically.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    It might be a bug that causes no health penalties for disconnecting or force closing the app like it normally does.
    But the question is, is force closing the app then coming back to retry a bannable offense?

It technically might or could be considered an exploit, because you are taking advantage of this since you could have unlimited tries to a fight as long as you force close before you die. However, maybe this was intentional by Kabam since the servers and game have been acting up lately.

As for me, better safe than sorry I guess...
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Born wrote: »
    Born wrote: »
    I know defender kills don't matter but it comes down to skill vs. exploit. If you are using a cheat to beat another player it isn't right. Enough problems with the game - let's not make it harder on each other.

How does this make it harder on each other? It benefits every player.

Born - my issue is that both alliances could get 100% exp - 150 in diversity - kill 3 bosses - and skill wouldn't matter. The team with the higher defender rating will always win. If you are better at the game it wouldn't matter - the team with the higher ranked players (albeit worse fighters) would win every time. My 9 mil alliance was beating 13 mil alliances before the change.

Yea I understand that. But failing to see where force closing and restarting the fight is making it harder for each other. Both alliances can do it, making it easier for everyone. Defender kills don’t matter so where does the hard part come in?

It might seem like an odd thing to a lot of people but there are a few in life that still do stuff the honest way not bucking the system or flat out cheating. It's is a rare thing now a days though
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    You must like paying for overpriced revives & health pots. Why complain about something that benefits the community without paying?
    @CpcBoyboy @SteelCurtainMUT you shouldn't be able to win war solely based upon your defender rating. Everyone can get 100%, 3 boss kills, and 150 diversity now.
  • @JEbert our alliance would have kicked you for complaining about this so much or even posting this at all ijs
  • Move on fix in progress
    @CYNDRDBODY well, our war rating is the same as yours so maybe we will see eachother soon.
  • We only dropped because we stopped spending before this debacle of war we were at now. Thats why our war rating is lower. I use my in game in forums. Show us your in game name and hope to see you in war real soon
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Or are we supposed to be able to do this? If so, I am going to start doing this immediately.

Then start doing. Why bring it up here. You aren't the brightest person out there are u. In fact ur kinda dumb complaining about this. Go complain to your alliance mate

• New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    War rating doesn't matter now it seems - alliance prestige will not pair us with equal players.

Adjust and quit complaining

• DingusKahnDingusKahn Posts: 12
    Yo Jeb. Appreciate it. Well done. Fantastic. Amazing
    @CYNDRDBODY I'm sorry, I just have read that wrong. At first I thought you said that you weren't good enough to stay where you were so you dropped IOT stay relevant.
    This topic is getting way off track so I'll leave it as is. Feel free to flame or do what you want with it. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf it is all yours.
  • catx_llamacatx_llama Posts: 18
    @CYNDRDBODY I'm sorry, I just have read that wrong. At first I thought you said that you weren't good enough to stay where you were so you dropped IOT stay relevant.
    As @CYNDRDBODY alliance leader, I second what he said. The apology is appreciated, and just barely we chose to conform with the broken system to the extent that we will have maximum diversity across all bgs. It’s not fun, since the diversity just brings about champions that otherwise would not be used. Line 8 in old War was my favorite line to clear. Sp2, stun immune, thorns, then cut to right mini, funnest part of wars haha. I myself am holding my breathe to see what kabam will do. There’s only so much one person can do in the forums, if you catch my drift.. good luck getting your voice heard here...
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey guys. We're currently looking into this, so thanks to everyone who provided constructive information. As for this thread, I'm going to shut it down.
This discussion has been closed.