**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Glass cannon

is there someone who can tell me what is wrong with this logic for why I dropped glass cannon? If it's not a good trade off to increase your attack by 99% but lose 99% of your health, then why is it a good trade off to increase attack by 7.2% but lose 7.2% of your health?

Comments

• Options
    UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Because its 7.2% lol... it's a really good mastery. Once you get to the point where you an handle not having that extra health, glass cannon is basically free steroids that are amazing lol. It's great.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    is there someone who can tell me what is wrong with this logic for why I dropped glass cannon? If it's not a good trade off to increase your attack by 99% but lose 99% of your health, then why is it a good trade off to increase attack by 7.2% but lose 7.2% of your health?

The amount of health you lose is the equivelant of one maybe 2 regular (non crit) hits. But the little bit of attack you gain adds up.
  • Options
    MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    Max Glass Cannon with Assassinate and you have a very offensive mastery setup. The health loss is minimal compared to the additional Attack of every hit. Pair those with Precision and Cruelty and you're going to finish fights much faster.
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Besides with end game content you are bound to die in one combo so why not use that pointless health for taking a bigger chunk outta the enemy
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @PeterStreit We are basically assuming that we are doing much more hitting than getting hit....

Plus @TheMageHunter is correct, the HPs you lose means nothing if you make a mistake and get combo'd out or take a special in the face. The AI is not forgiving enough to leave you hanging on, even their damage over time is really high. But the amount of extra damage you do with that attack gives you a greater chance to end the fight quickly, taking less damage along the way and also reduces time in which you might make an error.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Well, I am one of those users with a maxed glass cannon mastery, and personally, I think the trade off is quite worth it in the late game.

I mean, think of it this way: In the late game, the enemies are so tough that you can only take maybe 1 (or 2 if you are lucky) combos from them before you drop. Even through blocked damage you can only block so much before you die.

The 7.2% drop in health would still translate to what I mentioned above. 7.2% is quite a bit of health, but when the enemies are so strong, that 7.2% means nothing when the opponent can take 5% of your health through a blocked hit in 5.3.

At least the increase in attack is worth it, because every hit you do is dealing more damage, so the extra damage accumulates and you probably saved yourself another 10-20 hits of punching the enemy. Remember, you want those tough fights to end quicker, and not to survive longer, because the longer you are in a fight, the sloppier you get because we are humans. So yea, I recommend glass cannon to anyone.
  • Options
    every hit from every champ in every fight forever gets you 7.2% extra damage. The 7.2% health you lose is a one off and equates to 1-2 extra hits you may have taken

Its a no-brainer, great mastery