**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Still BGT?

avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
In my opinion...Domino is one of the best mutants...but she has been underranted these days...I was thinkind to rank her up as a 5* to rank 3 and eventually rank 4...the question is...in ur opinion ...is she still beyond god tier....

Still BGT? 39 votes

Yes...sure
56%
Haji_SaabAb_SamadJBC89Fantasy_91Scopeotoe987Colonaut123Supersha7Sarvanga1_DarkDuelistPřìņče01MauledOmedennChikelJragonMaster170GiuliameijEtherealityDiabolicahmm474756Umarmusty12Amneties 22 votes
Agh...No!!
43%
Lvernon15KDSuperFlash10RockyshockyRockypantherxKill_GreyEtjamaTotalMonster109TripleBNimorOctoberstackRenaxqqVendemiaireGrumpyCrcrcrcWill3808Yodabolt21[Deleted User] 17 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    ahmm474756ahmm474756 Posts: 86
    Yes...sure
    Sire...she is still beyond god
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Yes...sure
    You are already equipped with the knowledge. No need to ask anyone.She is very good for progression.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Agh...No!!
    Mid game yes, endgame no
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Agh...No!!
    @Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.
  • Options
    avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    Yes...sure
    The domino haters will not stop underrating her
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Agh...No!!
    Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

I have been summoned! Basically what @Lvernon15 said. She's going to be amazing in the beginning, but in Endgame content, you need counters to troublesome nodes and defenders. And she doesn't really counter much. Yes, she has good damage, but none of her utility is reliable and that just isn't going to cut it. Let's take a look.

1. She bleeds the opponent. You're not going to use her for nodes that require bleed because her bleed is so unreliable.
    2. She shrugs off bleed. You're not going to use her on a bleed node with only a 50% chance to shrug off bleed.
    3. She has AAR. Her AAR is unreliable and rarely potent so when you need AAR, you're not using Domino.
    4. Non-contact hits. Only 2 of the 6 hits in her basic combo are non-contact, that's not enough to make her viable for nodes and champs that required non-contact hits like Electro.

And that's it, that's the list. Again, don't get me wrong, she's great for earlier content. But Act 6, Variants, even Cav EQ are all about being able to counter troublesone nodes/defenders. And she just doesn't counter any of em. If we're talking about "Beyond God Tier", Apocalypse, Professor X, Havok, and Namor are all in "Solid God Tier" on Seatin's Tier List, but they all have more utility and uses in Endgame content. I'd put her in that section.
  • Options
    Yes...sure
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

I have been summoned! Basically what @Lvernon15 said. She's going to be amazing in the beginning, but in Endgame content, you need counters to troublesome nodes and defenders. And she doesn't really counter much. Yes, she has good damage, but none of her utility is reliable and that just isn't going to cut it. Let's take a look.

1. She bleeds the opponent. You're not going to use her for nodes that require bleed because her bleed is so unreliable.
    2. She shrugs off bleed. You're not going to use her on a bleed node with only a 50% chance to shrug off bleed.
    3. She has AAR. Her AAR is unreliable and rarely potent so when you need AAR, you're not using Domino.
    4. Non-contact hits. Only 2 of the 6 hits in her basic combo are non-contact, that's not enough to make her viable for nodes and champs that required non-contact hits like Electro.

And that's it, that's the list. Again, don't get me wrong, she's great for earlier content. But Act 6, Variants, even Cav EQ are all about being able to counter troublesone nodes/defenders. And she just doesn't counter any of em. If we're talking about "Beyond God Tier", Apocalypse, Professor X, Havok, and Namor are all in "Solid God Tier" on Seatin's Tier List, but they all have more utility and uses in Endgame content. I'd put her in that section.
    No 1 and 2 are absolutely correct. But for no 3 I would like to say that her AAR is reliable with pacify.
    For no 4 I would like to say that I have one shotted v4 electro with her and countered thorns nodes with her without any problem.
    Havok and omega also have 2 hits that do not give damage back.Having 2 non contact hits is not a good argument.

Now coming to the content:
    She also has uses in act6 and she is good for 3 out of 5 variants. Cav eq is very niche but I have done some lanes with her. But she is not good for cav eq.
    Yes the new content that Kabam is putting out is niche. But most of it can still be covered by domino.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Agh...No!!
    She doesn't even do that much without synergies! Synergies that you could use for ghost or anyone else better than Domino, like ant man. Domino doesn't even have reliable DOTs. Absolute garbage.
  • Options
    Soyheyor123Soyheyor123 Posts: 395 ★★
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

I used domino a lot on variants, yes I never use her in Cav eq or Act 6 after chapter 2, but at least she is very useful for V2,3,4 completion and exploration (idk about 1)
    If you don't have too much r5, I'm gonna say she is worthy
  • Options
    Agh...No!!

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

I used domino a lot on variants, yes I never use her in Cav eq or Act 6 after chapter 2, but at least she is very useful for V2,3,4 completion and exploration (idk about 1)
    If you don't have too much r5, I'm gonna say she is worthy
    Yeah, early-mid game she’s amazing, you don’t need specific utilities and stuff, but like you said, later act 6 she’s bad, abyss she’s not good either, aq she’s nothing special, aw she’s too random
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    The amount of ignorance in this thread is truly staggering.

How many of you that evaluate her so low, have you got her in high rank and used her in tough content? Just to put things into perspective.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Agh...No!!

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

No 1 and 2 are absolutely correct. But for no 3 I would like to say that her AAR is reliable with pacify.
    For no 4 I would like to say that I have one shotted v4 electro with her and countered thorns nodes with her without any problem.
    Havok and omega also have 2 hits that do not give damage back.Having 2 non contact hits is not a good argument.

She also has uses in act6 and she is good for 3 out of 5 variants. Cav eq is very niche but I have done some lanes with her. But she is not good for cav eq.
    Yes the new content that Kabam is putting out is niche. But most of it can still be covered by domino.
    With pacify, it's still only a 45% AAR while stunned unless you're lucky. It's not enough to counter what you need it to counter. Useful in a random match, but not going to be used to counter specific nodes/champs.

The difference between her 2 non-contact hits and Omega/Havok's is where the non-contact hits are located. You can use Havok/Omega for Electro because you can throw double mediums and ignore everything. You throw a double medium with Domino and 2 of the 3 hits are going to make contact.

She's great for V2 and she's okay for the first quest in V4. Not really great for them otherwise.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Yes...sure
    If you are at the stage of r3 and r4 max 5* she is more than worth it. Her worth starts to slightly decline in act 6. But for act 5 she is amazing.
  • Options
    Yes...sure
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

She's great for V2 and she's okay for the first quest in V4. Not really great for them otherwise. And the difference between her 2 non-contact hits and Omega/Havok's is where the non-contact hits are located. You can use Havok/Omega for Electro because you can throw double mediums and ignore everything. You throw a double medium with Domino and 2 of the 3 hits are going to make contact.
    You have to throw m->l not m->m
  • Options
    Agh...No!!

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

She's great for V2 and she's okay for the first quest in V4. Not really great for them otherwise. And the difference between her 2 non-contact hits and Omega/Havok's is where the non-contact hits are located. You can use Havok/Omega for Electro because you can throw double mediums and ignore everything. You throw a double medium with Domino and 2 of the 3 hits are going to make contact.
    You have to throw m->l not m->m
    The first hit of her medium is still a contact hit.

P.S. edited the comment with more info.
  • Options
    Yes...sure
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

With pacify, it's still only a 45% AAR while stunned unless you're lucky. It's not enough to counter what you need it to counter. Useful in a random match, but not going to be used to counter specific nodes/champs.

The difference between her 2 non-contact hits and Omega/Havok's is where the non-contact hits are located. You can use Havok/Omega for Electro because you can throw double mediums and ignore everything. You throw a double medium with Domino and 2 of the 3 hits are going to make contact.

She's great for V2 and she's okay for the first quest in V4. Not really great for them otherwise.
    You don't need AAR specifically for most matches.I can think of only magik who needs an AAR champ.
    The damage back on first medium is not much even on v4 electro it was like 300-200 ish.
    She can do v2 on her own. She has uses in v4 too. I can't think how much more she needs to do for being good for these variants.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Agh...No!!

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

You don't need AAR specifically for most matches.I can think of only magik who needs an AAR champ.
    The damage back on first medium is not much even on v4 electro it was like 300-200 ish.
    She can do v2 on her own. She has uses in v4 too. I can't think how much more she needs to do for being good for these variants.
    The reason champs like Omega and Havok are so good for Electro and other nodes where you take damage back with contact hits is because you can throw double mediums and still deal a ton of damage. Havok gains plasma and builds power so you get to throw a huge Sp3, Omega just needs to be near em and they melt. Domino's just relying on those 2 attacks that will barely deal any damage and the fact that 1 of em is still going to be a contact hit kinda defeats the purpose.

And there is so much stuff you need AAR for. It's why Quake and AA are so good. AAR is needed all over the place. But I already gave her credit for Variants. She stomps V2 and is okay for the first quest in V4. That's not too impressive though tbh.
  • Options
    Yes...sure
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

The reason champs like Omega and Havok are so good for Electro and other nodes where you take damage back with contact hits is because you can throw double mediums and still deal a ton of damage. Havok gains plasma and builds power so you get to throw a huge Sp3, Omega just needs to be near em and they melt. Domino's just relying on those 2 attacks that will barely deal any damage and the fact that 1 of em is still going to be a contact hit kinda defeats the purpose.

And there is so much stuff you need AAR for. It's why Quake and AA are so good. AAR is needed all over the place. But I already gave her credit for Variants. She stomps V2 and is okay for the first quest in V4. That's not too impressive though tbh.
    Not relying on the 2 hits at all you are forgetting the big special 3 and crit bleed.
    AAR is nice to have not needed and as I said 45 % AAR still prevents abilities well.
  • Options
    Agh...No!!

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

Not relying on the 2 hits at all you are forgetting the big special 3 and crit bleed.
    AAR is nice to have not needed and as I said 45 % AAR still prevents abilities well.
    Domino is only a partial counter for this stuff though, she’s not a go to electro counter for people with developed rosters, she’s not a go to magik evade or other aar beneficial matchup, her somewhat versatile kit makes her good for mid tier players, but she has nothing to give her endgame viability
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Agh...No!!

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

It's a lot of work to get to that Sp3 though if you are just throwing Mediums Lights. Havok has passive power gain at all times which is why he's good for stuff like that. And again, a third of your hits are going to be contact hits. Having to throw a light contact hit in every combo with Havok would defeat the purpose of using him for something requiring non-contact hits in the first place.

And AAR may not be required in a random matchup with no nodes, but it's a necessity to counter a ton of nodes in Act 6. And Domino's AAR isn't reliable enough to counter those nodes.

So again, she's just not going to be anywhere near the best options for any troublesome nodes or defenders. That's her whole problem. Great for mid-tier plaers, not great for Endgame players that need to counter Act 6/War nodes.
  • Options
    Yes...sure
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

It's a lot of work to get to that Sp3 though if you are just throwing Mediums Lights. Havok has passive power gain at all times which is why he's good for stuff like that. And again, a third of your hits are going to be contact hits. Having to throw a light contact hit in every combo with Havok would defeat the purpose of using him for something requiring non-contact hits in the first place.

And AAR may not be required in a random matchup with no nodes, but it's a necessity to counter a ton of nodes in Act 6. And Domino's AAR isn't reliable enough to counter those nodes.

So again, she's just not going to be anywhere near the best options for any troublesome nodes or defenders. That's her whole problem. Great for mid-tier plaers, not great for Endgame players that need to counter Act 6/War nodes.
    She has power gain on perfect blocks. On electro it's pretty fun to hit him with a few lights with havok.
    She's not the best option but she is an option. I have always said she is good for progression.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Agh...No!!
    Hell no
  • Options
    Agh...No!!

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

She has power gain on perfect blocks. On electro it's pretty fun to hit him with a few lights with havok.
    She's not the best option but she is an option. I have always said she is good for progression.
    Well that's our point. We've been saying it all along. Progression. She doesn't hold much value for an Endgame player, but for a mid-tier player working through Act 5, yeah, she's great. But "Beyond God Tier" champions are supposed to be the best of the best. They need to hold value for someone with a solid roster.
  • Options
    Yes...sure
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

Well that's our point. We've been saying it all along. Progression. She doesn't hold much value for an Endgame player, but for a mid-tier player working through Act 5, yeah, she's great. But "Beyond God Tier" champions are supposed to be the best of the best. They need to hold value for someone with a solid roster.
    I am doing act 6 man. She is putting in work. You can't say she doesn't work for act 6. Many people have done it with domino.
  • Options
    Yes...sure
    undefined
    No champ can do everything that's why there are many champs in this game.
  • Options
    Agh...No!!

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

I am doing act 6 man. She is putting in work. You can't say she doesn't work for act 6. Many people have done it with domino.
    There's always a fairly easy path while working through Act 6 completion. You can use almost any champ on most of the easy paths, but when you're trying to explore it, I doubt you'll be using her much. You're gonna need champs with immunities, heal block/reversers, AAR champs, champs with prowess, champs that regen, nullify champs, champs that have armor up, champs that have unstoppable, etc. etc. and she's not going to be able to handle any of it.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Agh...No!!

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama @KDSuperFlash10
    Calling in the squad.

She's not BGT in Act 6. You're clearly not into any of the exploration of later chapters.
  • Options
    Agh...No!!

undefined

Well yeah, but I would expect a "Beyond God Tier" champ to have enough utility to be a top option for at least 1 troublesome Act 6 node. Or at least enough utility to be a decent option for more than a handful.
  • Options
    Yes...sure
    Etjama said:

undefined

Well yeah, but I would expect a "Beyond God Tier" champ to have enough utility to be a top option for at least 1 troublesome Act 6 node. Or at least enough utility to be a decent option for more than a handful.
    She is good for icarus.