**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Variant 5 Help/Content Suggestions

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I've had a recent motivation to do some content recently, and I have a few options. I can complete 6.2, do v5, or do v3. My plan was to do 6.2 because I picked up doom as a counter for 6.2.6 champ boss, but then I remembered v5. The rewards for both pieces of content look nice, but v5 completion edges out 6.2.6 completion with that 4-5 gem. However, I am fairly confident that I have the roster to do 6.2.6, but I'm not sure about my v5 champs.

For Act 6, I think I can do 6.2.4 easily, and will probably spend a few revives on the mordo boss for 6.2.5 using my torch and ghost. I'm not too sure how I will fare against the champ boss, but there is the convention clash dude for me to practice on for now.

For v5, I tried out the first quest and I felt a bit stuck. All three paths don't look great. I tried out the middle path with energize and it didn't feel too bad, besides for the mojo. I used doom for spx, but I realized I got pretty lucky that she didn't glance my abilities on doom, so I'm not sure who would be the safest option for me(leaning towards venom). I also had no idea who to use for mojo, but I think magik would be good. I was planning on using my dooms for everyone else, and sub in people if they got low because I want to save them for the boss. And then if I do complete the first quest, I don't know how I would do against the rest.

So, in summary, I have a decent idea of the difficulty of 6.2 besides for the champ boss, but the rewards aren't as good as v5.
For v5, the rewards are better, but I don't know if my roster can handle it and I don't know about the difficulty of the rest of the quests, but I've heard it gets easier

Act 6 roster:

V5 roster:

plus some unranked 4*

Doom will be r5 soon
Thanks for the help
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Variant 5 I guess. After spending revives in the first quest which sounds terrible, I don't think there is much more problems in V5 except for the Scralet Witch boss probably.

I have not completed V5 so take my advice with a grain of salt.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    I’d go 6.2. Then you can finish act 6
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Venom the Duck works a treat on the left armor path for the first quest in v5
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I think you are probably ok to do variant 5. Voodoo can cheese much of the second chapter and venom is a beast for the final one. Your only issue will be the first chapter and the SW boss. Claire can do the SW boss but expect a 15 minute fight

Doom will mash through most of it
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    As far as paths go, the first quest in V5 is the worst imo. I'd just go far left and replace that 4* Doom with VtD. He can cheese that path even as a R4 4*. I would tell you to sub your 4* Venom for the 5*, but you're only gonna want to use him for Havok and the awakened ability means you'll probably get better luck with getting an armor up buff near the beginning of the fight. For future quests though, I'd go with the 5* for higher health and hit points. Gets easier after that one.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I’d try v5 for the r5 gem. The first quest is the worst. The rest have one pretty easy path.

You might need to revive through SW or boost up CV and use her. You’ve got counters to the rest of the bosses.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    ok thanks all. really nice tips in here. I'll probably take vtd to r5 because why not
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Monke said:

Venom the Duck works a treat on the left armor path for the first quest in v5

Didn’t you say you struggled with chapter 1?
    Because I suck at fighting kingpin lol

and VTD has terrible block prof
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

ok thanks all. really nice tips in here. I'll probably take vtd to r5 because why not

VTD at r4 would be good enough
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

yeah but I like him and r5 4* are super easy for me
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

yeah but I like him and r5 4* are super easy for me
    Go for it.