**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Difference between potency and resistance

Hi all,
Can anyone explain the difference between those two mitigation effects?

Thor Jane foster have 70% shock resitance
Magneto -90% potency on incoming shock debuffs

I test them in Mephisto's hades invasion mission hel (the one with RHulk boss) VS Thor.
They both mitigate the shock debuff as it is stated and on both the duff last 10 seconds.

I was convinced that Potency was better than resistance couse Potency diminished damage AND Time of the debuff but it is not as it works
So what is the difference between a champion with -X% potency VS a champion with X% resistance?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe resistance is a form of everything like shock damage from darkhawk and guardian per say
    While potency is just for debuffs and maybe passives?
    I don't know either and this things don't get explained normally by kabam.
    It is what it is
    That's their moto.
  • Options
    GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269
    anyone with sure and confirmed reference?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Resistance is damage mitigation from all sources that deal that type of damage. Potency is the strength of a specific effect, in this case a debuff. Magneto would take full damage from passive shock effects where Jane would not.

Only official word I recall on potency is this; it’s a little confusing because the explanation is for a three part synergy which also gives +duration and +ability accuracy so it’s mixed up in the explanation, I would disregard the “last longer” and “higher chance” portions.

“ - "Potency" means the overall strength of the status effect. A stun will last longer, and have higher chance to activate if not already at 100%. That means Quake's aftershock charges will deal more damage, have higher chance to stun the opponent and so on. ”
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Resistance is damage mitigation from all sources that deal that type of damage. Potency is the strength of a specific effect, in this case a debuff. Magneto would take full damage from passive shock effects where Jane would not.

Only official word I recall on potency is this; it’s a little confusing because the explanation is for a three part synergy which also gives +duration and +ability accuracy so it’s mixed up in the explanation, I would disregard the “last longer” and “higher chance” portions.

“ - "Potency" means the overall strength of the status effect. A stun will last longer, and have higher chance to activate if not already at 100%. That means Quake's aftershock charges will deal more damage, have higher chance to stun the opponent and so on. ”

Potency does not affect lenght. TM cannot reduce the length of stun debuffs
    What in my response suggested it affected the duration? I went out of my way to point out why the quoted explanation should not be considered as implying it affected the duration.