**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Flow vs Stubborn

So my alliance recently joined a higher tier in Alliance War, and we now have defensive tactics available. Now most of us have seen a lot of wars on YouTube use the stubborn tactic. But we also remember when flow was the most annoying tactic.

My question is, what makes stubborn such a hard defensive tactic, and should my alliance be using stubborn or flow if we just got to that point?

Comments

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Depends where you are, Flow is so easy in higher tiers because so many good quake players just run through flow like its a joke, and the fights where quake wont work, magik can handle them, guardian g2099 also are awesome.

Stubborn got changed to be easier but is for sure the harder tactic.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I don't know, I didn't do much war when flow was the big problem but from the little I do remember it a huge pain in the behind. I'm doing stubborn now in tier 4 on path 9 which is generally agreed to be a pretty hard path and make it though without too many issues most of the time. Given most of my attacker are #defensive like void, Cap IW and Doom but I've also found a lot of use for #offensive attackers like Ghost and Havok.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    When we had 1 flow war their defence went down like nothing, stubborn all the way
  • Options
    JamesPuffJamesPuff Posts: 55
    Stubborn is worse in my opinion. So many top champs/players steamroll flow now. And if you have an apocalypse he is disgusting as a stubborn boss.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    JamesPuff said:

Stubborn is worse in my opinion. So many top champs/players steamroll flow now. And if you have an apocalypse he is disgusting as a stubborn boss.

That’s the only fight i have solo’d this season. He’s honestly really easy with ghost (corvus also) so we don’t see him as boss ever. I used g2099 back in war 2 or something
  • Options
    JamesPuffJamesPuff Posts: 55

JamesPuff said:

That’s the only fight i have solo’d this season. He’s honestly really easy with ghost (corvus also) so we don’t see him as boss ever. I used g2099 back in war 2 or something
    Wow, props to you. I was backup for that fight and an alliance mate got wrecked so he had enough charges to stun when hitting into a non-parry hit. My Ghost did fine but eventually got killed by that fun stun and a missed reparry.
  • Options
    GatorSlam_MrvKnGatorSlam_MrvKn Posts: 211
    JamesPuff said:

He is actually not that hard as boss on stubborn global. Magik owns him.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    i actually prefer Stubborn ... i think it's easier to deal with especially with a stubborn attacker.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

JamesPuff said:

I take it you mean he’s the only boss you’ve soloed? Or has your season really been that bad
    it was a joke, but ya i've been trash this season
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

JamesPuff said:

I take it you mean he’s the only boss you’ve soloed? Or has your season really been that bad
    it was a joke, but ya i've been trash this season
    can't die if you don't do aw
  • Options
    AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    For apocalypse use your all available robot attacker to save items (he will not gain any persistent charge from robot, after 4 charges he can break your block) but if you want 1-2 shot then use ramp up g2099 or champion with solid damage output, we have faced 2 times apocalypse as main boss in tire 4&5, both times I got his 60% health with r5 HT (prefight) then g2099/warlock for final 40%

If we can ban quake in aw then flow is much harder then stubborn, I found nothing special in stubborn other than it can save your defense from quakes & maybe ghost