**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

For those that have him, how much better is CGR than...

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
CMM, Hype and Corvus? I’ve yet to hear a detailed comparison.

I appreciate not many people have him yet, but I’m guessing some forum regulars do.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Worse than Corvus, better than Hype and CMM. Hype relies too much on RNG, CMM has low survivability, is forced to take damage in order to actually be good, and takes a pretty long time to ramp up, but Corvus has high damage output, non RNG reliant, insanely high survivability, not too many buffs, reliable armor breaks, etc. CGR is worse than Corvus in the sense that he’s slower to build up (worse for legends runs) has high survivability, but needs to take block damage to ramp up, too many buffs, etc.

I have a feeling you've never played CMM in your life. She can ramp up very quickly with extremely negligible damage and then guess what? You can spend the majority of every fight indestructible. No damage whatsoever. She's used all over in Map 6 and 7 AQ with no potion usage. How is that low survivability?
    She either needs to take block damage or energy damage, and the block damage needs to stun the opponent unless you wanna take maximum damage. Obviously she’s great for AQ, better than CGR, she’s in my AQ team right now, but in terms of ramp up speed and survivability, she’s worse. The indestructible is good except in long form content or literally anything with nullify
  • HavocGamer49HavocGamer49 Posts: 408 ★★★
    Honestly who cares about some block damage in first fight if the other fights are dead in 2 combos.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★
    I'm comparing w/ Hype and CMM only, don't run Corvus so can't compare:
    1) CGR is the most fun to play
    2) His rotation gives him quick access to damage, quicker than CMM & not RNG reliant like Hyperion
    3) He has better utility than CMM & Hyperion, access to Mystic-like capabilities like Power Lock & Fate Seal
    4) Hype's Power Gain & regen are really potent, & those give him excellent durability
    Imo Hype = CGR > CMM
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    Lol. Lagacy has Blade and Stealthy in the same tier. That said, I do agree with him on this one. He's around CMM/Hype level, not quite as good as Corvus.

Worse than Corvus, better than Hype and CMM. Hype relies too much on RNG, CMM has low survivability, is forced to take damage in order to actually be good, and takes a pretty long time to ramp up, but Corvus has high damage output, non RNG reliant, insanely high survivability, not too many buffs, reliable armor breaks, etc. CGR is worse than Corvus in the sense that he’s slower to build up (worse for legends runs) has high survivability, but needs to take block damage to ramp up, too many buffs, etc.

Cmm got some of the best survivability man. Basically incinerate, frostbite, shock immune. Poison immune, with indestructible after binary. Not to mention debuff purify while becoming binary. Also her ramp up is fairly quick just 1 s3 and youre there.
    But she’s not immune to those things, that’s the point. No regen, no life steal, decent block proficiency, and her fastest binary ignition charge requires her to take energy damage. Again, great in AQ, AW, Incursions, and some EQ, but Corvus and CGR can do all of that and more
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

I think people put Corvus and CMM above Hype when they have suicides on. I dont run suicides and I find Hype to be the best for me. Corvus doesnt have enough damage without suicides for that first fight.

I wonder if CGR can take the title of best non-suicide Cosmic from Hype? I dont have him so I cant judge

I don't run suicides and I find CMM to be better when Nick's on the team.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

As good as corvus is, CMM is more versatile in nature, and can technically handle more nodes. She can do both diss track and buffed up waaaaay better than corvus can. Also, her sig ability is one of the top 3 most useful in the game, imo. Her rampup doesn't take time. It only takes me like 30 seconds to entire binary from scratch, then I'm in it for the rest of the quest. Corvus requires very specific conditions, and a fight to fight basis to ramp up.

Furthermore, CMM can literally do 2 comboes into an SP 2 at the start of pretty much any fight. About 90%+ of healthpools in the game instantly get ruined. Corvus doesn't have free power.
    In fights where CMM can't end with a single SP 2, she can still maintain binary and throw more specials as you want. In those healthpools, corvus will struggle and lose his charges, them you'll be dancing around for quite a fair amount of time to get them back.

So, CMM can handle basically every healthpool in the game, and has a very adaptable playstyle as well.
    By the way, check out her block proficiency. It's higher than Nick Fury's, and Nick requires to he played at 30% health for max effectiveness. Nobody seems to complain about his "survivability".
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

As good as corvus is, CMM is more versatile in nature, and can technically handle more nodes. She can do both diss track and buffed up waaaaay better than corvus can. Also, her sig ability is one of the top 3 most useful in the game, imo. Her rampup doesn't take time. It only takes me like 30 seconds to entire binary from scratch, then I'm in it for the rest of the quest. Corvus requires very specific conditions, and a fight to fight basis to ramp up.

Furthermore, CMM can literally do 2 comboes into an SP 2 at the start of pretty much any fight. About 90%+ of healthpools in the game instantly get ruined. Corvus doesn't have free power.
    In fights where CMM can't end with a single SP 2, she can still maintain binary and throw more specials as you want. In those healthpools, corvus will struggle and lose his charges, them you'll be dancing around for quite a fair amount of time to get them back.

So, CMM can handle basically every healthpool in the game, and has a very adaptable playstyle as well.
    By the way, check out her block proficiency. It's higher than Nick Fury's, and Nick requires to he played at 30% health for max effectiveness. Nobody seems to complain about his "survivability".
    Oops, I think I quoted the wrong comment.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Etjama said:

WRIR said:

I think people put Corvus and CMM above Hype when they have suicides on. I dont run suicides and I find Hype to be the best for me. Corvus doesnt have enough damage without suicides for that first fight.

I wonder if CGR can take the title of best non-suicide Cosmic from Hype? I dont have him so I cant judge

I don't run suicides and I find CMM to be better when Nick's on the team.
    Oh I dont have CMM either, but I just really dont like the MCU captain marvel in general. I don't know if CMM is better than hype with Nick. If she is, if I do pull CMM, I dunno I might feel conflicted between Hype and CMM.
    Kill_Grey said:

Good points and all, but Corvus is much better for LoL and Abyss along with *almost* everything CMM is good for, and CMM being better for buffed up also makes her basically useless against anything like buffet and Fearless, plus Corvus can just avoid death by intercepting a ton until he gets his glaive charges back and can go back to parrying and dealing mega damage, making him great for nodes with DOT debuffs that he can’t shrug off. I, personally used him for Act 5 100% because he finished off every fight on 1 health in seconds and I didn’t have to worry about flare or bane or anything
    Monke said:

CMM with her low survivability *cough* indestructible *cough*
    Temporary indestructible after already taking damage that can be removed easily by any mystic and a few non mystics

Kill_Grey said:

Good points and all, but Corvus is much better for LoL and Abyss along with *almost* everything CMM is good for, and CMM being better for buffed up also makes her basically useless against anything like buffet and Fearless, plus Corvus can just avoid death by intercepting a ton until he gets his glaive charges back and can go back to parrying and dealing mega damage, making him great for nodes with DOT debuffs that he can’t shrug off. I, personally used him for Act 5 100% because he finished off every fight on 1 health in seconds and I didn’t have to worry about flare or bane or anything
    Well here's the thing: Corvus rolls at 1% health, and has to avoid contact with his opponent in order not to waste charges. Then again, he doesn't shrug off debuffs either. As for CMM, she immediately shrugs off ALL debuffs when entering binary. In addition, you can do anything you want when indestructible. Get hit, eat a heavy, even take an SP 3. Absolutely nothing happens to her. Just don't get hit by SP 1/2 and you're fine.

Concerning passive degen nodes, you can play less carefully with CMM contrary to corvus. I did map 6 for the first time today, and took both degen and starburst paths. Fights were ending in like 5 seconds, and I didn't throw specials or take a single tick of damage. The only items I spent were on my quake against the Nova miniboss.
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yes, because he has a cheat death mechanic and can properly intercept while keeping his normal damage output and speed. CMM has neither of those things. If Nick needs to he can just become always unblockable and not have to worry about anything at all except baiting out and dexing specials
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    I would personally put him below CMM, Corvus and Hyperion cuz he's got little to no utility.

Honestly who cares about some block damage in first fight if the other fights are dead in 2 combos.

Because LoL and Abyss exist. Once again, Corvus can do exactly what CMM can do except better
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Because LoL and Abyss exist. Once again, Corvus can do exactly what CMM can do except better
    LoL? Are we talking about the same Corvus? He's great for AoL since you're going to die after a certain number of hits and want to do as much as you can in that amount, but he's god-awful for LoL. The reason I'd say Corvus is better than CMM isn't even because I think his base kit's better. It's just cause his abilities just make him dominant in AW, AQ, Act 6, and Abyss for Ægonless players. And those are all the most important parts of the game