Silver Surfer taking Incinerate damage

I thought Silver Surfer does not take any damage from incinerate. But while using him in the side quests Hades invasion for Energy adoption: fire-2 paths, my silver surfer is getting incinerated and melting down. Am I missing something or is this a bug with SS?

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Member Posts: 5,408 ★★★★★
    You fought human torch?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,937 ★★★★★
    He only has 100% resistance. If it’s like 150%, then he’ll take damage.
  • BashlordBashlord Member Posts: 220 ★★

I thought Silver Surfer does not take any damage from incinerate. But while using him in the side quests Hades invasion for Energy adoption: fire-2 paths, my silver surfer is getting incinerated and melting down. Am I missing something or is this a bug with SS?

Not a good idea to use SS against Torch.

SS isn't immune to Incinerate but takes 100% less damage from it, meanwhile Torch ability states that he increases incinerate damage by 12% for each Incinerate on opponent or smoulder on himself.

So the reason why SS is melting down from incinerates. Use him against any other option and you will not take damage.

I'm also using SS to mow down Incinerate, Coldsnap and Shock paths but used Void for HT.
  • WolVErine_AmitWolVErine_Amit Member Posts: 10
    Bashlord said:

SS isn't immune to Incinerate but takes 100% less damage from it, meanwhile Torch ability states that he increases incinerate damage by 12% for each Incinerate on opponent or smoulder on himself.

So the reason why SS is melting down from incinerates. Use him against any other option and you will not take damage.

I'm also using SS to mow down Incinerate, Coldsnap and Shock paths but used Void for HT.
    Thanks. This makes sense. I finally just used NF for that HT.
  • abqberabqber Member Posts: 230 ★★
    edited October 2020
    Bashlord said:

Agreed. Also, if OP has willpower, the incinerates from energy adoption could reverse the WP healing because that's part of Torch's kit.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    I am enjoying getting use out of my SS in the Hades event. he’s great for the three paths with those resistances, allowing me to use the other two spots on my roster designated to counter the boss.

Its a shame Silver Surfer isn’t as amazing without these “beneficial” nodes, as he really is a sick character.