**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Psylocke's Pys Charges not working on 5.2.4

Hello, I'm writing today to report what I think it's a bug on 5.2.4, there's a global node we all know there: Masochism, which regen's 5% health every time we place a debuff on the champs there (7 seconds refresh timer), however is Psylocke's ability to keep opponents from gaining power considered a debuff? Cause every time I have a psi charge and start hitting them while they have 0 power it's as if I had power locked them with a Special.

Comments

• SlyCat42SlyCat42 Member Posts: 504 ★★
    Power burn for whatever reasons counts as a debuff for that map. It works the same way if you use Vision or Magik. In theory it's actually beneficial to the player because there is a cooldown on how many times it can activate. So, you power burn once, the cooldown goes on, and then you can stun them with parries until the timer refreshes.

It's not specific to Psylocke if that's what you're asking.
  • JaviPedrozaJaviPedroza Member Posts: 18
    But it shouldn't be power burn cause her ability states:
    "Psi-charge - Passive.
    - Your opponent doesn't gain Power when struck, if they have 0 Power and Psylocke has at least 1 Psi-charge.

If this ability works like a power burn (which makes no sense cause according to her description she doesn't burn opponents power, she's supposed to keep opponents from getting any power at all, and when you hit them it never says power burn like it does with Vision's SP1 and SP2 and Magik's SP1 --- except for her SP3, that one does burn power like it says on her description), then this description is misleading, so it should get corrected
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Member Posts: 504 ★★
    It says right on her special 1 and special 3 that they are both able to power burn. If I remember correctly the special 2 is power lock only though.

From the champion spotlight:

Special 1: Telekinetic Blade – Psylocke manifests a telekinetic blade, using it in tandem with her Katana.

Depletes up to 25% of the Target’s Max Power.
    If this attack causes your opponent’s Power to be reduced over a Special Attack bar threshold, Psylocke will Gain Power until she reaches 1 Bar of Power over 0.25 seconds.

Special 2: Psionic Blast – Psylocke unleashes her Telepathic abilities in a blast of raw psionic energy.

100% Chance to Power Lock your opponent for 6 seconds.
    If this attack hits, Psylocke has a 100% chance to consume 1 Psi-Charge, and gain 34% Power over 0.25 seconds.

Special 3: Psionic Knife Strike – Psylocke focuses all of her power into a single psychic blade, plunging it into her opponent’s brain.

Consumes all Psi-Charges
    100% chance to Power Lock your opponent for 10 seconds.
    Burns 20% of your Target’s Power for each Psi-Charge consumed, causing direct damage based on the amount burned.
    If this attack reduces your opponent to 0 Power, it Stuns them for 4.5 seconds.
    edited September 2017
    SlyCat42 you're not getting the point here, Im timing SP1 after parry to power drain without triggering Masochism. Then they have 0 power and I have a Psy-charge, so Psylocke's ability to keep opponents generating power should still work, because it ISNT a debuff, nowhere in Psy's descriptions says she power drains or power burns with her basic attacks, but when they have 0 power and I have a psi-charge and I hit them while masochism is active it triggers as if I was applying a debuff; again if her ability works as a debuff the descriptions is highly misleading: It should say then:

"- You burn X% of your opponents power when you hit them, if they have 0 Power and Psylocke has at least 1 Psi-charge" instead of

"- Your opponent doesn't gain Power when struck, if they have 0 Power and Psylocke has at least 1 Psi-charge".

edited September 2017
    @Kabam Vydious, any input on this?
    @Kabam Miike I need some input on this