**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW match making unfair

So I am in an aw and here's the details about the war.
Our alliance is 5.23 hero rating
Other alliance is 8.45 hero rating

Our alliance was created 3/12/15
Other alliance was created 4/18/17

Our alliance aw rating is 958
Other alliance aw rating is 988

The only thing even close between us two is aw rating. You can not do match making based off just that alone. Our alliance has no chance of winning. It isn't the first time this happened and I'm sure it's happened to lots of people. I suggest you match make using aw rating and alliance hero rating together to match make to prevent people to just make new alliances just to get easy rewards with easy aw wins.

Comments

• Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    You posted a problem, why not add a solution?

• Rednick69 wrote: »
    You posted a problem, why not add a solution?

You must not have read the whole thing. I did. I suggested they match make based off of aw rating and alliance hero rating - not just aw rating alone.
  • I'm in the same position. I'm in a 2.6 million alliance and we are consistently paired with 5.5 million and way above. Currently we are paired with a 6.6 million alliance. I don't know is responsible for setting up the algorithm for match making but they need to be fired. How is it fair to lower alliances to be constantly be beat up on but super alliances?
  • doctordoomdoctordoom Posts: 261
    That's how it happens if every match had to be "fair" it would take super long for war to be made and a small alliance can get a super high war rating very easy
  • doctordoomdoctordoom Posts: 261
    Life isn't fair if you don't want to get beaten up in war grow your alliance it takes time but then you will he the alliance kicking butt
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It does. From what I've seen, it searches for a Match within our Alliance Rating, Average Player Rating, and War Rating. If the first two factors aren't Matching at the time, the default is War Rating. It all depends on who is Matchmaking at the time.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I suggested they match make based off of aw rating and alliance hero rating - not just aw rating alone.

There are alliances whose members sell lower * champs in exchange for shards of higher level champs.

I had a match up against an opponent that has much lower alliance average rating but when I saw the top four champs a few of the members have, I was like wow wow wow.