**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

And i got my 2nd 6* -_-

Hey guys,
So I got my second 6* and it turned out to be ............ psylocke. I don’t know much about her but hear she’s a good power counter. Well.....if she’s good, then great. If not....... atleast I got Corvus in first roll !! And also vulture was next to her so I’m glad I didn’t get him. Any tips or comments? Thanks.
Happy gaming!

Comments

• SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    @StevieManWonder you have been called
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Really awesome gameplay there. I'm definitely bookmarking this for future reference.
    I think this is the first time I'm seeing her sp3. It's really cool
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

Really awesome gameplay there. I'm definitely bookmarking this for future reference.
    I think this is the first time I'm seeing her sp3. It's really cool

It’s extremely useful if you ever slip up. In that fight I was waiting for the backup recovery to trigger, so that I could then shut that down with the SP3 and not need to worry about it anymore. Since it burns power, letting it build up a little first meant that I could get a bit more direct damage from it, nothing too crazy, but still extra damage either way.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I have been summoned, but @MegaSkater67 beat me to the punch. Damn time zones and needing to sleep lol. As always, MegaSkater67 did a great write up of Psylocke, the only things I really have to add are about her synergies and her interaction with buffet.
    First off, Psylocke actually does have buffs. When she gains a bar of power, she activates a power gain buff for about .5 seconds. This buff will be consumed by buffet and stagger abilities, so keep that in mind.
    Psylocke isn’t a synergy reliant champion by any means, but there are three synergies that are extremely beneficial to her.
    Mojo: Power Lock debuffs last an additional 3 seconds. This synergy is instrumental when using Psylocke against Hyperion or any other champion that has power gain. At her base, Psylocke can’t permanently power lock a power gain champion, the power lock debuff is just a little too short for that, but this synergy fixes that. Just cycle sp2s for days.
    Mister Fantastic: For each unique special attack, Psylocke regains 2% of a power of power. This one is also really helpful when dealing with power gain opponents but isn’t really necessary.
    Apoc (This is the big one): Basic attacks have a 30% chance to gain a Psi-Charge. Psi-Charges grant an additional 5% Crit Rate (honestly not too great, Psylocke already has a really high crit rate, especially against an opponent at zero power). As a Horseman: Gain an additional 50% Crit Damage Rating and an additional 50% attack rating when the opponent is at 0 power.

Psylocke is a great champ, the only thing she lacks is good damage. The fights take longer, but because she can totally shut down an opponent’s power, she shuts down a lot of nodes. Maybe at some point Kabam will fix her damage, but until then, Psylocke is still a really great champion and is absolutely worth ranking up. I have mine at 6r3 unawakened and don’t regret it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    I quite enjoy her Synergy with Bishop as well. They become Petrified when they fill a Bar of Power. It stops Regen for that second, and helps with AI that fires the Special immediately.
  • TimmytdtTimmytdt Posts: 564 ★★
    Wow thanks guys. Yeah I believe every champ has a use
    I’m not worried cause I have Corvus as my first 6* and I also pulled hit-monkey as a five star that day along with havok the other day. If you look at my five star lineup (I’ve posted it in a discussion) you would say it was only fair that I got a Demi god at last
    @MegaSkater67 and @StevieManWonder , I just tested her out against 6* r3 Hawkeye and she finished him out with 30 seconds! I landed a one-shot 32 hit combo and she finished him off with each hit dealing 2-3k dmg! Why is that happening?! I thought she hits like a sponge! Maybe it’s because he used dexterity for his first hit and that gave him precision but I didn’t let him hit me? Anyways if she deals that much dmg as that......I would say she is awesome! Still nowhere near my ramped up Corvus or hit monkey but it’s a start right!
    Correction she’s not that far away but still a bit far away from Corvus and hit-monkey
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Apocalyps makes her beyond crazy.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Timmytdt said:

@MegaSkater67 and @StevieManWonder , I just tested her out against 6* r3 Hawkeye and she finished him out with 30 seconds! I landed a one-shot 32 hit combo and she finished him off with each hit dealing 2-3k dmg! Why is that happening?! I thought she hits like a sponge! Maybe it’s because he used dexterity for his first hit and that gave him precision but I didn’t let him hit me? Anyways if she deals that much dmg as that......I would say she is awesome! Still nowhere near my ramped up Corvus or hit monkey but it’s a start right!

Her damage is definitely on the low side, but if you play her right it’s really not that bad. She gains increased crit damage by keeping her opponent’s power bar low, this is increased further by the signature ability. With a sig 200 5/65 my medium attacks crit for 5k usually, which isn’t too bad overall. If you finish off a fight with a heavy attack you can convert any remaining psi charges into direct damage, allowing you to take a pretty big chunk of health off at the end. If you’re looking for a big damage dealer then Psylocke is definitely not the answer, but if you need some strong power control with what I personally consider to be reasonable damage, then Psylocke will be very helpful to you. Just keep in mind that hit count isn’t a great measure of damage with her, as her sp1 consists of 5 low damage hits and will be used quite a lot of times in some fights. You’re better off timing how long the fight takes instead.