**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ map 4 AI - petition to change it; please comment and emote!

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,110 ★★★★
Hello team, @Kabam Miike , @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit et al.

First of all, apologies for tagging you directly. But this has been bugging me for months.

We are a high prestige (9.474 average) alliance, including some decent spenders, who don't have the time for higher level maps due to real life commitments. We are committed to AQ and playing the game, nearly everyone is cavalier and pushing for progress in the story and monthly EQ. So we play map 4 in all 3 BGs.

The map 4 AI, particularly of the Ultron drones, is unbelievably frustrating. The most aggressive act 6 AI is far preferable. We lose more people on map 4 to drones than we do on the mini bosses! The AI stutters, light intercepts like a god, dashes back and stands with block down waiting to intercept and doesn't attack if you are at a distance, it just walks in, waiting to catch you out.

There is no reason for such a basic AI to exist on drones with 60k+ life and 4k+ attack.

It makes playing this mode of the game frustrating. We are never going to step back up to map 5 or 6 and I know we are not the only alliance in this position.

There are hundreds of alliances in this position and as the game matures, there is no need for this AI on map 4, given it is becoming an increasingly common map for high level alliances to run.

For everyone else, please do comment, particularly if you do have recent map 4 experience of this AI.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    @Moosetiptronic I lost a good Champ to a freakin' Drone just this morning. it was unbelievable. We run Map 4 every time and some folks in our group chat sometimes lose their minds. Not awesome.
  • Options
    FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    I used to play map 4 and map 3 and I seriously hate the Ai there. You can't intercept, and you have to rely on parry or else you will get intercepted yourself. Truth to be told, map 5 AI and map 6 AI should just be copy and pasted to map 4 and 3 because most beginners aren't going to start with map 4 immediately
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I think Kabam needs to change how they assign the AI difficulty. I'm in an alliance with similar prestige and we run 4,3,2 because we have some people who just hate having more champs tied up in AQ when they might be needed for actual difficult content.

They recently changed Map 5 to a more aggressive AI but what's happening is you have more and more skilled enough players running lower maps mostly because of personal preference or available time commitment

The issue is you have Cavalier level players and actual Beginners running the same maps. A genuine beginner does not benefit from the difficult AI the same way a Cavalier player would.

Would certainly help to make the AI based off of prestige and not off of the Map your are selecting.
  • Options
    Thank you all for replying and sharing your similar experiences.

Given the huge amount of content available now (back issues, side quests, EQ, arena, incursions, war and AQ) I'd assumed a lot of alliances would look at these lower maps to allow people to time save somewhere.

It really would be such a huge QOL change to flip the AI to match map 5 or higher and I really don't think map 4 falls into the bracket of beginner content or AI.

Please kabam, please change it!
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 459 ★★★
    Yeah, Doombots are super annoying to fight on map 4
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I switched to map 5 and above when the AI for that map was updated. I'm definitely not missing map 4 AI, nor want to do it ever again unless it's updated.
  • Options
    Hi mods, could we get a word on this?